Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/strikers-top-priority-exeter-city-7091919?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Talking about plans for next seasons squad for Exeter. Either the interview is old or he isn't joining us in the next day or so.
  • Options
    I reckon that interview is about a week old, particularly since their retained list was posted around a week ago. This would have been part of the media event the day or so after.

A lot can happen in a week, and we may not have made contact at that point.
  • Options
    Why are managers in the premiership being spoke about on a thread created to speak about the next potential Charlton boss? 

Because there wouldn't be any posts as Sandgaard is interviewing and all the candidates have been mentioned with opinions about them: pro and cons.

I know more about Mark Warburton and Michael Beale than I do about guys I have known for decades.

Please add new information on anyone that hasn't been mentioned ?
  • Options
    not itk but think taylor is a done deal. A good choice.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Would it be such a huge surprise ?
    Well it would be our most ridiculous appointment ever by far, and we've had Karel Fraeye as manager.
    Agreed entirely .  But would it be a surprise ?
    Yes 100%. TS has been naive, has over promised and made mistakes, but he’s never going to put his son in as manager. Leading analytics is completely different from managing the team.
  • Options
    William Hill no longer taking bets on our next manager.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/charlton-athletic
  • Options
    Scoham said:

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/OB_EV23935309/next-permanent-charlton-manager

They are, probably the WilliamHill API messing up.
  • Options
    This thread is funny, got to be better than the football we've been watching! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marcelo Bielsa 

We’ve got a fabulous academy for him to work with.

His teams play attacking football.

The Valley would be full.

The club teams he has managed have always been a challenge for him, which he obviously thrives on.

He would fully understand and buy into the Addicks story.

Pretty much the whole football world loves him.

Has the club still got that lovely apartment in Docklands?

Done deal……
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Exeter supporting mate of mine reckons Taylor is having talks with Exeter today. No idea what that could mean just passing on what was said.
    Crickey , he's not signed for us , and then decided to go back to Exeter!
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Scoham said:

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/OB_EV23935309/next-permanent-charlton-manager

They are, probably the WilliamHill API messing up.
    Oh 🙁
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Exeter supporting mate of mine reckons Taylor is having talks with Exeter today. No idea what that could mean just passing on what was said.
    Crickey , he's not signed for us , and then decided to go back to Exeter?

Matt Taylor is checking the amount of money available on wages, transfers next season in League 1 with Exeter compared to what he have been told by Sandgaard.

Also Charlton critics will be on his back if Charlton finish 8th where Exeter will give him the freedom of the City if Matt finished in that position for the Devon club.

Only speculation still, but odds on now does mean a lot.

Henry Irvine on his way to say you know What !
  • Options
    Personally, I am not sure Taylor is the best choice, has done a cracking job at Exeter, but I think Charlton might be a job too big for him.. 

My personal choice would be Michael Beale, no experience of managing yet, but has expeirence of working within big clubs and high expectations, I feel he has learned the trade, understanding of different styles and approaches from different managers and coaches.

• Options
    Marcelo Bielsa 

We’ve got a fabulous academy for him to work with.

His teams play attacking football.

The Valley would be full.

The club teams he has managed have always been a challenge for him, which he obviously thrives on.

He would fully understand and buy into the Addicks story.

Pretty much the whole football world loves him.

Has the club still got that lovely apartment in Docklands?

Done deal……
    He slept at the training ground when he was at Leeds. Chuck him in the portacabins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are managers in the premiership being spoke about on a thread created to speak about the next potential Charlton boss? 

Because there wouldn't be any posts as Sandgaard is interviewing and all the candidates have been mentioned with opinions about them: pro and cons.

I know more about Mark Warburton and Michael Beale than I do about guys I have known for decades.

Please add new information on anyone that hasn't been mentioned ?
    But it floods the thread for no real reason. Surely just easier to set up a new discussion and go from there?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Personally, I am not sure Taylor is the best choice, has done a cracking job at Exeter, but I think Charlton might be a job too big for him.. 

My personal choice would be Michael Beale, no experience of managing yet, but has expeirence of working within big clubs and high expectations, I feel he has learned the trade, understanding of different styles and approaches from different managers and coaches.

Respect that view but don't want Beale personally. He comes across as an exceptional football coach but being a manager is a different skillset. He could easily be a Les Reed in waiting.
  • Options
    Poor old Martin, he gets a bit of a kicking on here, he’s probably a really nice bloke.
    It's just fortunate that the kicking is not as hard as how he can kick a football.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dear diary, 
    I keep on coming here every day with a prayer in my heart for the resurrection of our new manager - saviour - Shepherd !!! One to dog us round and round league one's meadows.
    Alas, baaaa, maybe there won't be one. Maybe there's never was one, maybe we're not sheep at all, maybe just a horse with no name? Or a core with no flame, door with no aim, whores with no game..?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Would it be such a huge surprise ?
    Frankly yes. If that was the idea, TS could have had it done a week ago.
    "After a long and rigorous selection process, it was clear to me that Martin was the best candidate for the club.  We interviewed some young and experienced candidates, but Martin's enthusiasm and knowledge of football could not be matched".  
    And he's got a really hard shot
  • Options
    Poor old Martin, he gets a bit of a kicking on here, he’s probably a really nice bloke.
    Total dickhead by all accounts.
    Which accounts are those?