Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    This is all feeling like last summer but worse. Then we were just waiting for some incoming players. Now we're waiting for manager, then players. If we couldn't find a squad in the time available with a manager in place how the fuck are we going to rebuild without a manager? Wimbledon seemed to move quickly enough. Evidently there was no plan. Fucking Charlton

• Options
    Martin having a strong shot definitely helps his odds!
  • Options
    This is all feeling like last summer but worse. Then we were just waiting for some incoming players. Now we're waiting for manager, then players. If we couldn't find a squad in the time available with a manager in place how the fuck are we going to rebuild without a manager? Wimbledon seemed to move quickly enough. Evidently there was no plan. Fucking Charlton

You have to wonder if TS would be able to attract a manager with any clout. He hasn't managed it to date and he's had two go's already.
    Would think the most head strong of successful managers would listen to how TS intends on doing things and would run a mile.
    As I said, expect to be very underwhelmed. Unless TS alters is pig headed stance then this club will never prosper imho.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

I literally just said this to someone.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

So why now TS is looking properly is it apparently to long.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

Are you just looking for a reason to moan?
    A stick to beat TS with?

We are not the only club without a manager atm

Lincoln haven't had a manager for 10 days
    Fleetwood magical 7 day(according to you) is up tomorrow.

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them
    I've come in for criticism here so I shall explain my reasoning:

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:
    A. This is bad but I trust that JJ can sort it out for next season.
    B. This is bad and I need to change manager.

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Most fans think it's B.
    The reason being Washington was as good as told this a few weeks before the Ipswich game.
    The most likely reason JJ wasn't sacked sooner, was because TS would have had to pay out less (if any) compensation by waiting until the season ended and JJ had "failed" the agreed contract.

Fair enough but it's now two weeks since he sacked Jackson and he still hasn't appointed a new manager. If it's B then he should have appointed someone by now. The only good reason why not would be if it's a manager of a play-off team.

Perhaps 'most fans' are wrong and it's A.

Or some candidates have been away for a short break after the season ended, like Jackson did.

Or some are coaches at Prem clubs so their season hasn’t ended

Or we were negotiating but someone turned it down (more of a bad reason but could be the case)

etc
    Or we are still interviewing candidates,

Or we are still negotiating terms,

Or numerous other possible reasons.

But guaranteed it isn't true, that the only possible reason we haven't appointed a manager, is because they are a manager of a play off team. It's one of many possibilities.
    Gareth Ainsworth would be nice, although I imagine he is on a big contract at Wycombe.
    Could he fill the QPR if they lose, or even if they don't, on Saturday?  Could get the market moving.  Its probably the only job that has a direct impact on who we can or can't get.
    Even Money on BetVic to be the next Blackburn Manager. Think he would do a decent job up there.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

I literally just said this to someone.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

So why now TS is looking properly is it apparently to long.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

Are you just looking for a reason to moan?
    A stick to beat TS with?

We are not the only club without a manager atm

Lincoln haven't had a manager for 10 days
    Fleetwood magical 7 day(according to you) is up tomorrow.

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them
    I've come in for criticism here so I shall explain my reasoning:

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:
    A. This is bad but I trust that JJ can sort it out for next season.
    B. This is bad and I need to change manager.

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Most fans think it's B.
    The reason being Washington was as good as told this a few weeks before the Ipswich game.
    The most likely reason JJ wasn't sacked sooner, was because TS would have had to pay out less (if any) compensation by waiting until the season ended and JJ had "failed" the agreed contract.

Fair enough but it's now two weeks since he sacked Jackson and he still hasn't appointed a new manager. If it's B then he should have appointed someone by now. The only good reason why not would be if it's a manager of a play-off team.

Perhaps 'most fans' are wrong and it's A.

Or some candidates have been away for a short break after the season ended, like Jackson did.

Or some are coaches at Prem clubs so their season hasn’t ended

Or we were negotiating but someone turned it down (more of a bad reason but could be the case)

etc
    Or we are still interviewing candidates,

Or we are still negotiating terms,

Or numerous other possible reasons.

But guaranteed it isn't true, that the only possible reason we haven't appointed a manager, is because they are a manager of a play off team. It's one of many possibilities.
    Gareth Ainsworth would be nice, although I imagine he is on a big contract at Wycombe.
    Could he fill the QPR if they lose, or even if they don't, on Saturday?  Could get the market moving.  Its probably the only job that has a direct impact on who we can or can't get.
    Even Money on BetVic to be the next Blackburn Manager. Think he would do a decent job up there.
    He'll be going back home:

Ainsworth was born in Blackburn. His mother worked as a professional singer during the 1960s while his father worked in several different jobs including a bookmakers, a driving instructor and a factory clerk. His parents were avid music fans and his mother taught Ainsworth to sing as a child. He is a supporter of Blackburn Rovers and became a season ticket holder at the age of six.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Martin having a strong shot definitely helps his odds!
    Chuck 20 pounds on him and he will be in single figure odds by the morning 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Paisley and Fagen were both top flight players and Paisley won the league with Liverpool.

Both would have played more games but for the war.
    So was Klopp.

None of them were great players.  Neither were Van Gaal, Joachim Löw, or many many others.  

Very very few people are great at both.  

Funny enough Paisley sort of proves the point he is still only one of 5 people to win the english league as both a player and manager.  Not much less than have done it in the world Cup.
    9 not 5
  • Options
    Wonder if Shaun Bartlett has gone for it…

He had ‘joked’ about ‘what he needed to do to be considered’, and would tick boxes for TS for having international audiences - he’s popular in SA

Has done quite a bit of coaching, and looks like he’s stepping up into managerial roles
  • Options
    If we all stick a fiver on MS so he leads the odds, we give TS a fallback position that he was the fans’ favourite if/when it doesn’t work out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    AndyG said:
    It always amazes me the difference a Manager can make look at Eddie Howe and Newcastle they are a different team under him and it isnt like they have had the chance to spend mega bucks yet but they looked odds on for relegation this year. For me he wins Manager of the season. Forest is another example along with Spurs. All proof the worth of getting the Manager that suits the squad
    No way should Howe get manager of the year. 

he spent a lot of money and all he had to do was tell them to stop playing shit.  They had a number of decent players underperforming because of the shit manager

steve Bruce is about as good as Iain dowie these days and he zapped any momentum they had.  He’s an atmosphere hoover of a man
    Rubbish comment about Howe. He has done wonders and worked his arse off.
  • Options
    Marcelo Bielsa?
  • Options
    Marcelo Bielsa?
    Stop it. Although if he’s realistic and available he’s easily first choice 
  • Options

There is a difference to last year. Due to the World Cup the season starts at the end of July.
  • Options
    Here's  the type of manager we need.

Winner, at ease with Royalty
    Someone with a monstrous god-like apparition hovering large, behind?
    He's not a god
  • Options
    Major said:
    Swisdom said:
    AndyG said:
    It always amazes me the difference a Manager can make look at Eddie Howe and Newcastle they are a different team under him and it isnt like they have had the chance to spend mega bucks yet but they looked odds on for relegation this year. For me he wins Manager of the season. Forest is another example along with Spurs. All proof the worth of getting the Manager that suits the squad

he spent a lot of money and all he had to do was tell them to stop playing shit.  They had a number of decent players underperforming because of the shit manager

steve Bruce is about as good as Iain dowie these days and he zapped any momentum they had.  He’s an atmosphere hoover of a man
    I’m not denying he’s a good manager but no way is he manager of the year
  • Options
    Marcelo Bielsa?
    He would start on Monday, most of the players would be injured by Tuesday, the rest by Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eddie Howe is the manager in the Premier that has most improved a Team. Wilson stays fit for 3/4 of the games next season, and Saint Maximin, Bruno Guimaraes, Trippier, with the 4 new big signings then you should see a top 8 finish for the Geordies.

Graham Potter is the manager in the Premier that plays attractive passing football but without a striker that can score 15-20 goals they will always struggle to win at home unless they play Man United on a very poor day.

Manager of the Year ? 

I will let you know when Pep or Jurgen do a season at Norwich next time they yo-yo back to the Premier. It's more of a handicap race for the likes of Dean Smith and it's too heavy a load to carry.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Would it be such a huge surprise ?
    Well it would be our most ridiculous appointment ever by far, and we've had Karel Fraeye as manager.
    Agreed entirely .  But would it be a surprise ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Would it be such a huge surprise ?
    Frankly yes. If that was the idea, TS could have had it done a week ago.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Swisdom said:
    AndyG said:

I thought  he spent a year or two doing sod all after Bournemouth.  That was Russian  money.  Now he is using Saudi dosh . It is true that early on he had no real cash but that changed years ago.

Could you afford to take two years off ?
    Sorry, I don't get the relevance of him having time off after Bournemouth when discussing his ability as a manager?
  • Options
    Why are managers in the premiership being spoke about on a thread created to speak about the next potential Charlton boss? 
    Because everyone is bored senseless and the season hasn't even finished yet, wait until next week!
  • Options
    Why are managers in the premiership being spoke about on a thread created to speak about the next potential Charlton boss? 

CL is amazing, but you all regularly go off on more tangents than a GCSE Maths lesson 😂😂😂

Sounds like Taylor is getting closer to getting the nod - reckon he's at least had an interview. Would probably be cheaper than Beale and Warburton too.