Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Nottinghamshire police assistant chief constable Rob Griffin said: "Enquiries are under way to identify the offender and we will be looking to make an arrest as soon as possible."
  • Options
    He'll definitely get caught. There are high-res pictures of him circulating on Twitter. Surely a short prison spell is coming.

A man has been arrested after Sheffield United captain Billy Sharp was assaulted by a fan following the club's game with Nottingham Forest.

In a statement, Nottinghamshire Police said: "A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with this incident. He remains in custody and will be questioned by officers.

https://news.sky.com/story/cowardly-attack-during-pitch-invasion-leaves-sheffield-utds-billy-sharp-needing-stitches-12615632
  • Options
    Been shown a photo of Samba's water bottle. Reason why he had a towel round it was because he had all the oppo's names on it & where they put their pens  
    Isn’t this pretty standard for goalies in cup comps? 
  • Options
    BBC reporting that a 31 year old has been arrested and is being held in custody.
  • Options
    That's the problem with pitch invasions, the potential for clashes with opposition players and fans

Not an issue when only one team has something at stake e.g. Carlisle 2012, as none of the celebrating fans will be interested in taunting the opposition, but in a game which is massively important for BOTH sides, it makes a nonsense of segregation AND risks the chance of clashes between fans and opposition players

John Marquis being taunted by fans on the pitch after the playoff was wrong also. 
  • Options
    The EFL seem to accept that pitch invasions after the second leg are part and parcel of the Play Off Semi-finals and the SKY comms teams encourage and talk them up but I think that will have to change after last night. Outrageous what happened to Sharp
  • Options
    That's the problem with pitch invasions, the potential for clashes with opposition players and fans

Not an issue when only one team has something at stake e.g. Carlisle 2012, as none of the celebrating fans will be interested in taunting the opposition, but in a game which is massively important for BOTH sides, it makes a nonsense of segregation AND risks the chance of clashes between fans and opposition players

John Marquis being taunted by fans on the pitch after the playoff was wrong also. 
    Only if he ends up signing for Charlton - christ knows I hope he doesn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coward scum cutt 3 to 5 years coming his way
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Anyone know how long Talyor's contract is with Forest ??   Wiki says it was undisclosed & it would be a shame if it was just 2 years & he was out of contract just as Forest get into the Premier League. 

Couldnt happen to a nicer fella. 
    Was a three year deal so ends in 2023

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lyle-taylor/profil/spieler/104495
    So, can we expect this site to go into meltdown when Lyle Taylor's wages probably double when/if Forest get promoted?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If I wasn’t already on the ‘get Forest back in the Premier League’ bandwagon, that kind of incident would have me wanting Huddersfield to win.

As it is, I think it’s clear which team would contribute more to next season in the Premier League. No excitement at all for Huddersfield vs anyone. Lump them in the same bucket as Palace, Bournemouth etc.

Forest on the other hand… some classic games against Man U, Liverpool, Leeds. Even a fixture like Forest v West Ham feels like an important game.
  • Options
    The EFL seem to accept that pitch invasions after the second leg are part and parcel of the Play Off Semi-finals and the SKY comms teams encourage and talk them up but I think that will have to change after last night. Outrageous what happened to Sharp
    Personally i'm a fan of a good old pitch invasion. Nothing wrong with fans celebrating a last day of the season promotion, play off win, staying up etc. 

As long as fans behave themselves when on the pitch then i don't see the issue. Sadly incidents like last night ruin it but he'll be banned for life and hopefully see some prison time. But it should be taken for what it is, one complete bell end out of maybe 6-7k fans on the pitch.
  • Options
    If I wasn’t already on the ‘get Forest back in the Premier League’ bandwagon, that kind of incident would have me wanting Huddersfield to win.

As it is, I think it’s clear which team would contribute more to next season in the Premier League. No excitement at all for Huddersfield vs anyone. Lump them in the same bucket as Palace, Bournemouth etc.

Forest on the other hand… some classic games against Man U, Liverpool, Leeds. Even a fixture like Forest v West Ham feels like an important game.
    Agree. Would be a great club to have back in there. Is there a story behind Forest and West Ham or just that they're two old clubs?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Agree. Would be a great club to have back in there. Is there a story behind Forest and West Ham or just that they're two old clubs?
    Nothing specific that I know of. Just picked a team off the top of my head. I typed Everton at first but they're not safe yet!
  • Options
    Cowardly act for sure and hopefully he gets a decent sentence but unfortunately all clubs have dickheads. Even us ! Not the clubs fault and as most I hope Forrest go up just to see someone different up there. 
  • Options
    Being a week early, the L1 playoff final this Saturday has actually ended up in a prime spot, as the main game of the day, but happening before the PL season has finished. Normally with 3 playoff finals in 3 days, everything else is overshadowed a bit by the Championship playoff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Lets see what happened before that incident then...Instead all we get is some lad getting his phone out, halfway through a potential issue, only giving us half the story - All part of the cess pit that is Social Media these days.

McBurnie will probably be found Guilty by the twitter jury as a result of this.
  • Options
    Yeah context needed.
  • Options
    I have it on very good authority, and this will comes as a shock to most of you, that Mcburnie is in fact a West Ham fan  :| 
    He is South Yorkshire top shagger though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Croydon said:

Nothing specific that I know of. Just picked a team off the top of my head. I typed Everton at first but they're not safe yet!
    I agree with that thinking as well, just wasn't sure if there was some left over animosity from the 70s I'd not heard about or something.

I know it's not always the popular view, but I'd much rather have the big clubs at the top level rather than the likes of Luton. 
  • Options
    Such a shame Taylor didn’t stay at Forrest. I would have him to be brought on about now to miss one of his famous penalties in the shoot out.

It dreads me that Lyle Taylor might be a Premier League player after all!! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Been shown a photo of Samba's water bottle. Reason why he had a towel round it was because he had all the oppo's names on it & where they put their pens  
    Isn’t this pretty standard for goalies in cup comps? 
    Yes it is

• Options
    Lapslie a late sub for Mansfield who look to be heading to Wembley. He was on the bench in 2019, but didn't come on
  • Options
    Northampton fans must feel sick after seeing automatics snatched away and then losing the play-off semi final as well.