Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Blimey. How crap are Wycombe…..they are shocking 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Some very happy people at work today!

Easy away game for me if Vale go up - even though it's a shithole.
    As a place, Vale doesn’t exist.
    I was referring to the stadium in particular and Burslem in general.
  • Options
    Sunderland need to get some possession or Wycombe will grab an equaliser.
  • Options
    yessss
  • Options
    I'm glad this is looking like a Sunderland victory and they will probably get out of this league. 

Charlton have a mutually respectable rivalry with Sunderland.

I believe Sunderland's promotion may allow us to look at ourselves and believe we can also get the promotion we are desperate for in the near future.

2 underachieving clubs that consistently let fans down.
  • Options
    Get in, pleased for them. Their fans were brilliant at Wembley
  • Options
    They have done it Tel......
  • Options
    Come in the Mackems👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    Come on Sunderland.
  • Options
    Only took them not playing us to get it done 😉 So pleased for them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Nemesis from South London and Sunderland are fine. 

Sunderland didn't even score against us this season.

We will have to go up in the automatic top two spots next season now (dream on)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Delighted for Sunderland tbh
    Would much rather have had them in the play off final next season though 😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Bloody hell Wycombe are poor, barely made the Sunderland goalkeeper work the whole game. Goes to show shithousery will only get you so far....
  • Options
    Brilliant, so pleased for them (and us).
  • Options
    Pleased for them, good set of fans, proper club.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Well done Sunderland. I'm so pleased that they did it at last.

I shall ask my son if he wants to get the scarf those supporters gave us in 2019 and wave it about a bit 
  • Options
    Well done to Sunderland

On a practical note, Sunderland in L1 will always be a giant, whereas we really OUGHT to be able to finish above Wycombe
  • Options
    Large inflatable penis being thrown around by the Sunderland fans.
    Captured perfectly on Sky.
    Brilliant. 
  • Options
    Delighted for the Black Cats 🐈‍⬛ 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made up for them, real classy, passionate fan base. 

Good news for us as well as I believe Wycombe will now lose Ainsworth to QPR and their best players will go to I imagine, one less team to worry about hopefully 
  • Options
    Congrats to Sunderland and all of their fans. Never met such sporting fans in my life and hope they now kick on…
  • Options
    Well done Sunderland!! 
    Best of luck in the Championship next year. 
    Great club, great fans.
  • Options
    Really chuffed for the Sunderland fans to finally get their day.

Anyone else feel like one of their mates has moved away and you wont see them again ?
  • Options
    Probably a good thing that Sunderland have been promoted. One team who would be fighting for the top 6. Without knowing the future I hope and expect that we finish above Wycombe & MK 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sunderland being out of the league means one less big club with a big budget to fight against 
    It’s the “smaller” clubs that we struggle with.
  • Options
    Sunderland being out of the league means one less big club with a big budget to fight against 
    It’s the all clubs that we struggle with.

• Options
    I can't believe Sunderland won that without having a young hungry progressive manager AND playing 4231........
  • Options
    From a Sunderland forum:

Never known anything like League One before and four seasons of it was tough. I think we’ve all had some real dark days following this lot at this level and at times, I questioned why we do it. Lockdown and watching games sat at home was dire and watching League One football sat at home was unbearable at times watching Parkinson sides hope something miraculously happened.

The ownership has depressed me. Short was an arsehole but Donald and Methven managed to be even worse but our incompetence was turned into two series of Netflix entertainment and both were painful watches punctuated by the odd emotional bit from a fan. Then KLD come in. I’d been burnt by Short and then Donald and Methven so I’ve purposely met him at arms length and I’ve not forgot the lies and deceit around the shares, so with that rumbling along with Lee “car salesman” Johnson in charge was terrible.

All in all, the third tier has been shit. I’ve watched the worst players I’ve ever seen wear the shirt and I’ve seen us lose at places I never thought we’d go to, let alone lose at. Thank god we’re out of it but the work is only half done.