Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Oh Bostock you twat!!... Focking hilarious
  • edited May 2023
    Bostock doing a Kermogant penalty!!

Although crossbar not saved.
  • Can’t help but feel for Chesterfield after they went ahead twice but obvs County deserve that for their performance over the whole season. The games against Wrexham next season should be tasty.
  • County win!  Pleased for them, deserved it over the season.
  • edited May 2023
    Congratulations Notts County

Normally wouldnt care, but their achievements this season meant failure to win promotion would have been a travesty

Hard luck Chesterfield, neither team deserved to lose that game
  • County win!  Pleased for them, deserved it over the season.
    Yup, would have been absurd if they stayed down 
  • Well done Notts County. What a final! This is why we love football
  • Oh Bostock you twat!!... Focking hilarious
    To be fair they look daft when it misses, but two inches lower and it's great.

Zidane in the 2006 World Cup final springs to mind, bounces down just over the line and everyone says he's so cool about the whole thing etc.
  • edited May 2023
    If Boro & Sunderland get to the final, it’s the same weekend when Newcastle are away to Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talk about doing it the hard way in the playoffs!
  • The B affair between Bolton and Barnsley finished all square earlier.  The Barnsley boys were on top for most of the match and I fancy them to reach the playoff final with presumably Peterboro!
    Footnote: what is it with so many B teams doing well? Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth (might escape relegation) with what must be a very small turnover for a PL side.
  • Absolutely fucking superb....we'll done county 
  • Mair, Notts County keeper who was subbed on to face the pens was a Dartford player.
  • Masterstroke to sub Slocombe and replace him with 2m tall Archie Mair. 

• Mackems turn it around! 2-1 after 63’
  • edited May 2023
  • Was very impressed by some of the football on display from Notts and Chesterfield, 

Number 11 for Notts County I thought looked very dangerous,

Could tell Bostock was a cut above, his confidence on the ball and passing range was incredible, a great deep lying playmaker that game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stadium of Light .. crowd over 46,000
  • Was very impressed by some of the football on display from Notts and Chesterfield, 

Could tell Bostock was a cut above, his confidence on the ball and passing range was incredible, a great deep lying playmaker that game. 
    as a very young player at Palace he was touted for a long time as 'the next BIG thing' .. that never happened and since then he has played all over Europe never finding a home .. I recall he was linked with us a few seasons back, alas he never made the Valley his home, even for a little while

as a very young player at Palace he was touted for a long time as 'the next BIG thing' .. that never happened and since then he has played all over Europe never finding a home .. I recall he was linked with us a few seasons back, alas he never made the Valley his home, even for a little while
    I saw him score a great strike at The Valley for Spurs in the FA Youth Cup. Probably would have been better off staying at Palace and breaking through with them.

He was due to join us on loan from Toulouse but his agent blamed them for not bothering to do the paperwork to end his loan with Forest and send him to us.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87208/january-2020-transfer-rumours-thread-deadline-day-starts-page-283/p313

It was January 2020 when ESI were running the club, so wouldn't surprise me if that's not the full story.
  • Salford beat Stockport 1-0 - pretty poor quality game. Stockport need to improve in the second leg.
  • Mair, Notts County keeper who was subbed on to face the pens was a Dartford player.
    This always brings me back to Italia 90 and what might have happened if Robson had done similar, bringing on Beasant for an aging Shilton. Still a good keeper but his best penalty saving days were behind him.
  • Decent play offs so far.

The lowest side in the Championship, league one and league two all winning their home legs which should make for decent second legs. Can probably exclude Sheff Weds though unless they go 2-0 up early on.
  • edited May 2023
    Bradford leading against Carlisle... Not good for us

If Bradford and Peterborough get promoted this season, we'll have three more ex-Premier League clubs in League One

The number of those who havent been in the top flight is getting smaller.

Either that, or those who get relegated from the Premier League, are being ran to shit so are falling even further
  • It's amusing that all the playoffs games are tight after the first leg, except one!