Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Your being very selective. It was clearly shown on a close up that the Forest player didnt touch him. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    var not giving them pens unbelievable. 

happy to see forest go up unfortunately i think if they dont replace a good chunk of there starting 11 they will struggle djed spence looks v good though. 
    Agreed.  Huge gulf in quality on show.

Given Spence is on loan from Boro and Forest dont have the option of buying him, I doubt very much he'll be playing for Forest next season.  Spurs have been tracking him all season along with half of the PL.
    It'd weird he's even on loan at Forest, was a regular for Boro last year I thought?
    Warnock said in an interview that he loaned him as Spence apparently had some attitude problems and "needed to sort himself out".
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

happy to see forest go up unfortunately i think if they dont replace a good chunk of there starting 11 they will struggle djed spence looks v good though. 

Given Spence is on loan from Boro and Forest dont have the option of buying him, I doubt very much he'll be playing for Forest next season.  Spurs have been tracking him all season along with half of the PL.
    It'd weird he's even on loan at Forest, was a regular for Boro last year I thought?
    Warnock said in an interview that he loaned him as Spence apparently had some attitude problems and "needed to sort himself out".
    Ah ok cheers.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, too laid back, attitude, mixed up in the wrong crowd, list goes on apparently.  He reminds me a bit of Benoit Assou-Ekotto.  Definitely a prospect.  Would love us to take a punt on him.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jeez, that tweet just says everything doesnt it?!
  • Options
    Warnock has probably got Middlesbrough £15 million with that decision to send him on loan. He’s a wanted man now. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    That’s one way to show the world what an arrogant prick you are isn’t Wembley also a non smoking venue.EDIT it’s not a light 

Non-league to Premier League, 16 clubs, 8 promotions, 1603 games managed Or 1 good season in the championship 

if it wasn’t for warnock sending him out on loan he wouldn’t of been there today 
  • Options
    Your being very selective. It was clearly shown on a close up that the Forest player didnt touch him. 
    Really, what close-up?

It looks like he touched him to me. 

Anyway, if there is any doubt about the first one, the second is definitely a penalty. How 'clear and obvious' does VAR need to have it?

I wonder if without VAR, where the referee has to make a decision, the referee would have given it. Did he kind of think 'well, I'm not sure, I won't give it because VAR will correct me if I'm wrong.' Both the ref and VAR cacked it because both were penalties, thé second being absolutely definite.

I would have been happy for Forest to win it, but this feels rotten.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it’s amazing how we all see things so differently. 

For me that first pen claim isn’t one at all. Toffolo has left his leg, then dragged it away, his leg hasn’t been touched and then he has dramatically flapped his arms forward looking for it, you can even see in the slow mo there is no contact. Colbacks reaction more to me ‘says thank God he didn’t make contact with my leg’ rather than ‘ref hasn’t seen it’. Colback completely left his leg for a foul and Toffolo has read it but then bottled the contact and thrown himself up in the air. Complete simulation, had he ran as normal and not gone for a high jump THEN it’s stonewall. 

Second penalty claim however is 100% a penalty, Huddersfield can feel hard done by in that instance 

Forest comfortably the better side though and I expect to at least add a little something to the prem. 
  • Options
    I didn't want to start a disagreement earlier, but I agree with Braziliance.
    The first one was a no contact dive.
    The second one was probably a softish penalty that are given about 50% of the time.
  • Options
    I didn't want to start a disagreement earlier, but I agree with Braziliance.
    The first one was a no contact dive.
    The second one was probably a softish penalty that are given about 50% of the time.
    Yeah even on social media not one person said dive but I’m not one to be swayed, if that was against us and given I’d be furious. Toffolo proper flapped for it imo. 

Second I don’t think was soft but I only saw it twice so with better angles etc who know, but we can both agree that the second was more worthy than the first 
  • Options
    Warnock has probably got Middlesbrough £15 million with that decision to send him on loan. He’s a wanted man now. 
    Exactly, literally worked out perfectly.

Didn't bench him, didn't sell him at a knockdown price, loaned him out then watched his value skyrocket, and then I understand Jones has being doing well for them in the same position anyway.
  • Options
    Not seen the second pen claim but for me the first wasn’t a pen.
  • Options
    That’s one way to show the world what an arrogant prick you are isn’t Wembley also a non smoking venue.EDIT it’s not a light 

Non-league to Premier League, 16 clubs, 8 promotions, 1603 games managed Or 1 good season in the championship 

if it wasn’t for warnock sending him out on loan he wouldn’t of been there today 
    Exactly, obviously he's a talented player and he's got clubs after him because of how he's performing but if he takes a step back he should actually be thanking Warnock for realising he was right and doing the exact things that Warnock was hoping to achieve. Get him focusing on football and playing well.

If he goes to Spurs (as an example) it's not as if Conte is going to put up with any shit. 
  • Options
    Really pleased for Forest. Quality club with so much history.

The captain spoke so well at the end of the game too. Well done Forest.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    PopIcon said:
    First one was not a pen, jumped over his leg. VAR were right.

It’s one of the clearest penalties I’ve ever seen. 2nd was too. Commentary was so weirdly biased towards Forest too.
    Am I watching something different to others , the way in slow motion his foot flicks back there shows to me clear contact or he’s the greatest simulator of all time .
    That is as clear a penalty as I’ve seen .
    Is there an angle that shows a big gap or something that means it isn’t 
    He flicks his foot/leg back himself, that action is not being caused by force from the defender. No pen for me.
  • Options
    The penalty debate here is another fine example of how VAR is being misunderstood.

Based on the mixture of views, it's fair to say that yesterday's decisions were not clear-cut.  You might have a view ... but, with exactly the same evidence to go on, others have an opposite opinion.

VAR is there to rectify any 'clear and obvious' error by the referee.  NOT to determine the absolute truth of any decision.

If there is debate over any decision, by definition the referee cannot have made a 'clear and obvious' error.  He/She may well have got it wrong, but the decision is debatable ... hence, the debate.

As soon as there is uncertainty ... as soon as the incident needs to be looked at for more than a few seconds, then the question is answered.  The referee did not make a 'clear and obvious' error ... and the referee's decision (even if incorrect) should be respected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    PopIcon said:

It’s one of the clearest penalties I’ve ever seen. 2nd was too. Commentary was so weirdly biased towards Forest too.
    Am I watching something different to others , the way in slow motion his foot flicks back there shows to me clear contact or he’s the greatest simulator of all time .
    He flicks his foot/leg back himself, that action is not being caused by force from the defender. No pen for me.
    I'm with Oohaah on this one. There definitely is contact and no way has the attacker just pulled his leg back. As a defender, if you dangle your leg out like that then you are asking to give a penalty away.
    The fact that Colback was crossing himself afterwards tells you everything you need to know. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    PopIcon said:

They showed it from numerous angles and I couldn't see any contact, nor could I see clear day light.
    It was inconclusive and I think you need to be certain/very confident to give a penalty.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    PopIcon said:

I'm with Oohaah on this one. There definitely is contact and no way has the attacker just pulled his leg back. As a defender, if you dangle your leg out like that then you are asking to give a penalty away.
    The fact that Colback was crossing himself afterwards tells you everything you need to know. 
    Tells me absolutely nothing, he could have been crossing himself knowing the diving forward may have duped the ref and got away with it. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    PopIcon said:

Tells me absolutely nothing, he could have been crossing himself knowing the diving forward may have duped the ref and got away with it. 
    The look on his face said "I was lucky to get away with that!"
  • Options
    Both Rhian Brewster and Ollie McBurnie have been charged following incidents that took place after the Nottingham Forest pitch invasion during the Play-Off Semi-Final.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2022/june/23/club-statement/
  • Options
    Peterborough vs Sheff Wed tonight @ 8pm

EFL meanwhile have confirmed that VAR will be used in all three Play-Off Finals this year.
  • Options
    Peterborough vs Sheff Wed tonight @ 8pm

EFL meanwhile have confirmed that VAR will be used in all three Play-Off Finals this year.
    That would have killed the Bauer goal moment
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    First legs:
    • Peterborough v Sheff Wed - Fri 12th May 8:00pm
    • Bolton v Barnsley - Sat 13th May 3:00pm
    • Sunderland v Luton - Sat 13th May 5:30pm
    • Salford v Stockport - Sat 13th May 7:45pm
    • Coventry v Middlesbrough - Sun 14th May 12:00pm
    • Bradford v Carlisle - Sun 14th May 7:00pm

Second legs:
    • Luton v Sunderland - Tue 16th May 8:00pm