Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Peterborough vs Sheff Wed tonight @ 8pm

EFL meanwhile have confirmed that VAR will be used in all three Play-Off Finals this year.
    That would have killed the Bauer goal moment
    Funnily thought the same when I saw it.Even wonder if Purrington's goal may have narrowly been adjudged to have been offside.
  • Options

EFL meanwhile have confirmed that VAR will be used in all three Play-Off Finals this year.
    pity no VAR for the semis .. I appreciate the smaller grounds can't facilitate it, BUT these are all BIG games for the clubs involved
  • Options
    VAR didn't really help Huddersfield in the final v Forest last year.
  • Options

• Options

pity no VAR for the semis .. I appreciate the smaller grounds can't facilitate it, BUT these are all BIG games for the clubs involved
    I'd go the opposite way and say if the whole season is played without it then it should not be introduced in one final game.
  • Options
    Being spoilt with Play-Offs today

3pm - Bolton vs Barnsley
    3:30pm - Chesterfield vs Notts County (Final)
    5:30pm - Sunderland vs Luton
    7:45pm - Stockport vs Salford
  • Options
    Massive let down, after finishing 3rd and then getting thumped 4-0 by a team that were 19 points behind after 46 game season.
    That's the Play-offs for you.
  • Options
    I don't think Wednesday have any more chance than us of going up this season. LOL.
  • Options
    Hope Notts County go up, nothing against Chesterfield, but NC deserve it given how far ahead of the rest they were.
  • Options
    I was hoping that the teams that go up would be.
    Ipswich 
    Derby 
    Sheff wed. 
    now that two of those will remain in league one along with either Bolton or Barnsley  (possibly both ).
    Next season will be tough to say the least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Notts County go up, nothing against Chesterfield, but NC deserve it given how far ahead of the rest they were.
    Standard of football in this final is so poor
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Croydon said:
    Been a great game to watch... Notts County deserve that

Although they're a bit lucky they didnt just give away another penalty - blatant push by Bostock
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Been a great game to watch... Notts County deserve that
    Yeah enjoyable, but very edgy 
  • Options
    Crazy its been nearly all Notts County this half, but Chesterfield have had two great chances to take the lead back
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Crazy its been nearly all Notts County this half, but Chesterfield have had two great chances to take the lead back
    Need to go out in 10 mins so a bit gutted that Notts County have forced extra time and now I won’t get to see the end!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chesterfield deserve that since it went 1-1

Great finish, he looked so disinterested when striking the ball... Ooo was there a deflection?
  • Options
    What a goal!
  • Options
    Superb finish
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Oh Langstaff!!! - Thats the sort of wasted chance you'd expect to see from him every week if he signed for us
  • Options
    Luton lead @ Sunderland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Langstaff!!! - Thats the sort of wasted chance you'd expect to see from him every week if he signed for us

For a player who had scored 43 goals and no penalties he hasn't looked that sharp in the final but there is still time.
  • Options
    Oh this is just attack vs defence now
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    GETTIN 2-2 - The bounce on that ball though, so lucky to keep it on target
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray “We should be beating teams like this” v ex-charlton players Lockyer and Doughty. Not going too well for you at the moment Mr Mowbray! Wearsiders 0 - Hatters 1 after 31 min
  • Options
    Bostock is everywhere
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Ooo Notts County change their Goalkeeper ahead of penalties

Neither team deserve to lose this - Probably going to be the most open of the Play-Off Finals
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    We have a penalty shootout

Should be interesting from a Notts County point of view, seeing that they've missed spot kicks against Wrexham and Boreham Wood in recent games
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    Tony Mowbray “We should be beating teams like this” v ex-charlton players Lockyer and Doughty. Not going too well for you at the moment Mr Mowbray! Wearsiders 0 - Hatters 1 after 31 min
    Lovely equaliser from Sunderland
  • Options
    Sunderland equaliser. Great strike from a free kick. Wearsiders are happy!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Great penalty from Langstaff, should have taken it against Wrexham with that power

Great save from the County Goalkeeper