Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• I can see Peterborough having a massive hangover at the start of next season after what happened tonight
    and they will lose Clarke-Harris, Edwards, possibly Taylor, maybe Kent too.
  • I can see Peterborough having a massive hangover at the start of next season after what happened tonight
    They'll get well over £10m in fees for those though.
    They'll get well over £10m in fees for those though.
    Still gotta be replaced 
  • edited May 2023
    The abuse Darren Moore took on social media was an offence and it has to be stopped. 

Most fans only sing when their winning and give dogs abuse when they take a beating.
    I have always thought of Wednesday as being the bigger team in Sheffield; United in the Premier and Wednesday possibly still in the Mediocre League 1 would beg to differ.

Michael Smith 9 pens out ot 9 this season and though not a prolific scorer has 17 from 39 matches and at 31 is still going to war with CB each week.
    Has had a really good career as a number 9, centre Forward, central striker and has found his level between top League 1/lower to mid Championship Striker.

Another player who was at Charlton at the wrong time. 

• Better than Grant and Taylor?
  • edited May 2023
    Scoham said:
    Better than Grant and Taylor?

Now edited !
    Grant and Taylor were both wide men and central strikers and the interchange between them for half a season was excellent. I'm convinced we would have gone up in the auto's had that partnership been a full season; no Wembley experience!
    Michael Smith is your old fashion Centre forward and better than Stockley and Josh Magennis.
  • I didn't really say much when Wednesday lost 4-0 because if there's any team in the country I would expect to bin off a game where they came in 4 goals up it's Peterborough. It's been years and years now and I know they keep getting Darren Ferguson back in which is part of it but it seems written into the club's DNA that they can score a lot but can never defend. They went to Hillsborough knowing there would be a huge noisy crowd and they didn't prepare for it at all. Tried to play more conservatively but when they're not smashing in goals the other end they can't rely on clean sheets and they gave Wednesday complete control. Posh didn't look like they'd tuned up until it was 4-4 and then they briefly started playing again. When they got their extra time goal I thought it was too early; right before ET half time giving Weds a full half to attack them. All they had to do was defend sensibly after that, the Weds players were out on their feet. Pass the ball around, use the pace of Jones to stretch them and take the ball into the corner. Nope, got done by a simple line breaking pass into their own box and then managed to still let Weds score when the ball across the box was poor. Truly, unforgivably bad play. Forget the aggregate score, they lost 5-1 in a Play-off semi. Absolute bottle jobs.
  • edited May 2023
    Macronate said:
    Still getting over the Sky commentators’ unbridled wankfest over the magnificence of the Wednesday supporters
    Indeed Clint Morrison might as well worn a Sheff Wed shirt. That man offers nothing to commentary, why do they have him on there and the football league highlights.

Mind Aaron Mclean gets about one minute non-league the next football league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Now edited !
    Grant and Taylor were both wide men and central strikers and the interchange between them for half a season was excellent. I'm convinced we would have gone up in the auto's had that partnership been a full season; no Wembley experience!
    Michael Smith is your old fashion Centre forward and better than Stockley and Josh Magennis.
    We didn't go up automatically because of our poor Autum form, before Grant was sold.

After he left we only lost 3 games, one of them was the home semi final, we lost 3 games in October alone.  
  • edited May 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Now edited !
    We didn't go up automatically because of our poor Autum form, before Grant was sold.

After he left we only lost 3 games, one of them was the home semi final, we lost 3 games in October alone.  
    We also had those four games where we only picked up three draws, around when Grant left us - The penalty miss alone from Grant against Peterborough was huge in some regard as we'd have ended a point behind Barnsley.

Didnt help that Taylor had got himself sent off against Accrington, so we went to Fleetwood with Reeco Hackett as our sole striker.
  • I like Clinton Morrison, met him once and he was nice chap. Not the most articulate pundit but he seems like himself and a good bloke. 
  • Who are you all going for tonight I fancy Bolton will go through 
  • I'd like to see Bolton go up, probably impressed me when we've faced them more than any other club this season
  • I can't see this game delivering the goals yesterday's did!
  • edited May 2023
    Advantage Barnsley... Great cross and header
  • Why is Barnsley's shirt sponsor a telecommunications company based in the US?
  • Why is Barnsley's shirt sponsor a telecommunications company based in the US?
    Because the 91 betting companies were already used up?
  • Sponsored links:

• This is tedious
  • After the lord mayors show of yesterday came Barnsley!!
    Should be a pretty one sided final, Wednesday will wipe the floor with 'em...
  • The pitch invasion was a bit embarrassing. I know we did it but slightly different situation.
    I'd not be so sure mate, Barnsley hammered them at Oakwell.
    I'd not be so sure mate, Barnsley hammered them at Oakwell.
    We'll see, they were pretty dull tonight, and after watching yesterday Wednesday look to be up for it more, but hey in reality I couldn't give a stuff for either of 'em...
  • JaShea99 said:
    The pitch invasion was a bit embarrassing. I know we did it but slightly different situation.
    What was different about our situation?
  • Backed Peterborough to get in the playoffs ✔️
    Bolton to get promoted ✖️
    Cov to get promoted at 16/1. Tempted by the cash out offer. Or could they go all the way?
  • JaShea99 said:
    The pitch invasion was a bit embarrassing. I know we did it but slightly different situation.
    What was different about our situation?
    Really? The scoreline for one thing, but mainly the ownership, the protests, the way fans were treated for years. Invading the pitch was a “fuck you” to Roland that in spite of everything he did to us, we still managed to get to the brink of promotion.