Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Is there any penalty for not wearing the same manufacturerfor shirts' shorts and socks?

Maybe a unknown EFL rule that deducts 40 points!!!! 
    No
  • Sage said:
    Got warned about Castore months ago when I told a Rangers supporter (lives in London) that it was our next kit supplier. Said he ordered a shirt in November for his Grandson for Christmas, it still had not arrived in the March.

The photoshoots of the away and third are done. They probably just aren’t releasing them because they don’t have any in stock to sell.

Really disappointed so far, other than it looks good, hopefully as we are tied into a long-term contract, they’ll get better as the times goes on.
    The thing is whilst i get we'd not be a priority given the other clubs they produce kits for, i still don't see how they can't get at least a small quantity of kits ready and in stock when the photo shoot was a few weeks ago.

It's not like we're Real Madrid and need about 2-3 million shirts produced to sell worldwide. They could probably do a few thousand of each kit and that'd be enough up until christmas. To still not have it announced less than 2 weeks before the first game is pretty pathetic.

However when you look and see that a club the size of Rangers don't have their away kit on sale yet then there's not much hope for us.
    Does our first team have away shirts yet? We know they don't have home socks.
    Well they obviously exist because we know there was a photo shoot, there was one for the third kit as well. So i don't think there's going to be any danger of us not having a change kit for Accrington.

But you'd assume they've not been announced yet simply because they don't have any ready to sell.

The home socks is a weird one. Again there was a shoot so they obviously exist, so you'd think as a minimum Castore when producing them for the shoot, would just produce a run of at least a minimum 100 pairs for the squad to wear initially. That's just basic common sense.
    We don't know that there are enough away and third shirts for the whole squad though. The photoshoot would have involved only a small number of people, including women players and maybe fans. It's a big jump to having enough for all the players and spare shirts too.
    Surely the faff is setting up the making, so if you're doing 6 kits you may aswell have done 100.

• CH4RLTON said:
    Penalty taker too, scored a few for the Swindon lot last season :)
    I'd be more excited if Payne was a kit maker, and could knock up a set of away kits ready for Accrington  ;)
  • @CH4RLTON wrong thread mate.
  • shine166 said:
    Sage said:
    Got warned about Castore months ago when I told a Rangers supporter (lives in London) that it was our next kit supplier. Said he ordered a shirt in November for his Grandson for Christmas, it still had not arrived in the March.

The photoshoots of the away and third are done. They probably just aren’t releasing them because they don’t have any in stock to sell.

Really disappointed so far, other than it looks good, hopefully as we are tied into a long-term contract, they’ll get better as the times goes on.
    The thing is whilst i get we'd not be a priority given the other clubs they produce kits for, i still don't see how they can't get at least a small quantity of kits ready and in stock when the photo shoot was a few weeks ago.

It's not like we're Real Madrid and need about 2-3 million shirts produced to sell worldwide. They could probably do a few thousand of each kit and that'd be enough up until christmas. To still not have it announced less than 2 weeks before the first game is pretty pathetic.

However when you look and see that a club the size of Rangers don't have their away kit on sale yet then there's not much hope for us.
    Well they obviously exist because we know there was a photo shoot, there was one for the third kit as well. So i don't think there's going to be any danger of us not having a change kit for Accrington.

But you'd assume they've not been announced yet simply because they don't have any ready to sell.

The home socks is a weird one. Again there was a shoot so they obviously exist, so you'd think as a minimum Castore when producing them for the shoot, would just produce a run of at least a minimum 100 pairs for the squad to wear initially. That's just basic common sense.
    We don't know that there are enough away and third shirts for the whole squad though. The photoshoot would have involved only a small number of people, including women players and maybe fans. It's a big jump to having enough for all the players and spare shirts too.
    Surely the faff is setting up the making, so if you're doing 6 kits you may aswell have done 100.

I expect the seven-year-old seamstress in Bangladesh had to stop making them because it was time to go to school....
  • Believe they are made in Turkey 
  • cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:
    Sage said:

I expect the seven-year-old seamstress in Bangladesh had to stop making them because it was time to go to school....
    Didn’t realise Frankie Boyle was a member on here!
  • cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:
    Sage said:

I know.

SCHOOL?

• cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:
    Sage said:

Thank you. I try.
  • Sponsored links:

• They could do an initial small sample for clearance by clubs before they mass produce. We can all make up scenarios, but who knows what the truth is and nothing is obvious.
  • I know bugger all about industry, but do know that lots of high profile manufacturers seem to have issues with stock at that moment.

The cycling industry has a mass shortage of parts, Sony have had huge issues with the PS5, Apple are now saying the iPhone 14 is delayed due to supply chain problems - the list goes on.

Could it be that Castore are caught up in this in some way? Sounds unlikely, but its possible I guess. Something as simple as fabric supply problems could cause a shit storm for them.

Not defending them and it could be that they have just overstretched themselves. Just playing devil's advocate.
  • I know bugger all about industry, but do know that lots of high profile manufacturers seem to have issues with stock at that moment.

The cycling industry has a mass shortage of parts, Sony have had huge issues with the PS5, Apple are now saying the iPhone 14 is delayed due to supply chain problems - the list goes on.

Could it be that Castore are caught up in this in some way? Sounds unlikely, but its possible I guess. Something as simple as fabric supply problems could cause a shit storm for them.

Not defending them and it could be that they have just overstretched themselves. Just playing devil's advocate.
    Just to add to that list but Next, Moss Bros & M&S all have problems too

To an extent, that may be the situation. I would not be surprised. But if that was the case, the way to deal with it would be to just come out and say so. Everyone would understand.

In any event, that scenario does not explain: the lack of international shipping; the lack of ANY merchandise apart from the home kit in the on-line shop; or the failure to get the club shop kitted out and open for business with only 11 days before the start of the season.
  • I would give Castore that pass, if, they were having problems supplying Villa, Wolves and the ECB, but that’s not the case 
  • edited July 2022
    Despite the issues with Castore, presumably the club will have to reveal the second kit in the next ten days, before the Accrington (who play in red) away game? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Despite the issues with Castore, presumably the club will have to reveal the second kit in the next ten days, before the Accrington (who play in red) away game? 
    nah I reckon we'll wear that blue training kit ;) 
  • Valley11 said:
    unless we're going to have to play in some mocked up training kit
  • Valley11 said:
    Or they’ll play in last season’s Hummel kit, would not surprise me if that happened. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Or we ask Accrington to play in their second kit . 
  • buckshee said:
    Valley11 said:
    Or they’ll play in last season’s Hummel kit, would not surprise me if that happened. 
    We've changed shirt sponsor since last season, so unless we've got some old shirts lying around with no logos on that won't work. Or at least it would leave us with a really angry sponsor, which doesn't seem like a good plan.

I still reckon plan B is to send someone to Sports Direct to buy a set of white shirts and get someone to put the sponsor logo and a club badge on them.
  • buckshee said:
    Valley11 said:
    We've changed shirt sponsor since last season, so unless we've got some old shirts lying around with no logos on that won't work. Or at least it would leave us with a really angry sponsor, which doesn't seem like a good plan.

I still reckon plan B is to send someone to Sports Direct to buy a set of white shirts and get someone to put the sponsor logo and a club badge on them.
    Get them to cover up the Lonsdale badge first though 
  • shirty5 said:
    buckshee said:
    Valley11 said:

Get them to cover up the Lonsdale badge first though 
    why? if castore can't deliver the kits they cant complain about us using a different brand.

if anything, its shame there isn't a brand called "castore are wank, don't buy their overpriced shit"
  • buckshee said:
    Valley11 said:

Accrington will wear their away kit if we don't have ours
  • As part of my training for the marathon I ran passed the Valley this morning.

Seemed to be a lot of activity inside the shop.

Would assume they have a deadline to get it open for our friendly on Saturday. Missing out on a lot of home kit sales if they did not have it open..

Will be interesting to see what would be on offer thou with no training kit shown yet or other kits. Will it just be plain Castore tops without the badge on sale to fill out the shop?

What time this morning?

Maybe burglars who thought the store was packed out with new kit.