Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Maybe at Accrington we can all play in the goalkeeper kit, and the keeper can wear the navy training kit with a Charlton badge and the sponsor ironed on
  • Castore have no excuse , it was common knowledge we were going with them before last Christmas. So they have had 8-9 months to prepare
  • TheY have had to reorder as it was wrong red. Due in September/October 
  • MrOneLung said:
    TheY have had to reorder as it was wrong red. Due in September/October 
    Give it a rest. Think you need to get your colour vision tested. Old socks and new shirt are the same colour.
  • Crusty54 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    TheY have had to reorder as it was wrong red. Due in September/October 
    Give it a rest. Think you need to get your colour vision tested. Old socks and new shirt are the same colour.
    I was not being serious….
  • We've been really lucky to have been able to use our home kit in all the friendlies. If we had played a friendly at someone who also wears red such as Leyton Orient, what kit would we have worn? A training kit?
    The U23 side wore the black Hummel kit at Hampton & Richmond, in fact not even last season's one, the one with the purple and green on from a couple of years back. 

We should never have ditched Hummel and this has proved why it was a mistake.
  • Just shows how far we have sunk. The kit gets worse each season and corresponds with what league we are in and for how long. Le Coq Sportif was premier league and Castore league one.
  • buckshee said:
    We've been really lucky to have been able to use our home kit in all the friendlies. If we had played a friendly at someone who also wears red such as Leyton Orient, what kit would we have worn? A training kit?
    The U23 side wore the black Hummel kit at Hampton & Richmond, in fact not even last season's one, the one with the purple and green on from a couple of years back. 

We should never have ditched Hummel and this has proved why it was a mistake.
    We shouldn’t have ditch Macron either for even worse reasons for the change 
  • Seriously people must have no troubles to be worrying so much about the fucking kit!!!!, they will have the kit when it’s needed, game 1, if not they will sort something else. Constant drama for nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I liked the Hummel kits , seemed like they really put the effort in to make some quite unique kits. Castore seem to be trying to expand way too fast across loads of different sports. 
  • paulfox said:
    Seriously people must have no troubles to be worrying so much about the fucking kit!!!!, they will have the kit when it’s needed, game 1, if not they will sort something else. Constant drama for nothing.
    It's not constant drama for nothing though is it. If Millwall had this problem (they have switched to Hummel this season) then we'd rip the shit out of them about it and call them and Hummel tinpot etc. 

The fact is we've entered a new partnership with a relatively new company, who's motto is "Better Never Stops" and yet we're in a position where the first team aren't wearing the full kit yet, the under teams are wearing old kits (the newest one that had a charity sponsor on the front, so it's seen as not giving free sponsorship exposure to a company that no longer sponsors us) and there's a very real possibility that we will start the season having to wear an interim kit as a result. It doesn't bode well for the future of the partnership, nor does it reflect well on Castore, us as a company and the people who set the deal up in the first place
  • sam3110 said:
    paulfox said:
    Seriously people must have no troubles to be worrying so much about the fucking kit!!!!, they will have the kit when it’s needed, game 1, if not they will sort something else. Constant drama for nothing.
    It's not constant drama for nothing though is it. If Millwall had this problem (they have switched to Hummel this season) then we'd rip the shit out of them about it and call them and Hummel tinpot etc. 

The fact is we've entered a new partnership with a relatively new company, who's motto is "Better Never Stops" and yet we're in a position where the first team aren't wearing the full kit yet, the under teams are wearing old kits (the newest one that had a charity sponsor on the front, so it's seen as not giving free sponsorship exposure to a company that no longer sponsors us) and there's a very real possibility that we will start the season having to wear an interim kit as a result. It doesn't bode well for the future of the partnership, nor does it reflect well on Castore, us as a company and the people who set the deal up in the first place
    It is constant drama and moaning for the sake of it, until the next subject. All of the above will be sorted in due course , other teams use them with no issue. We are in pre season where a few hundred are watching at best, until the Swansea game. So yes DRAMA!!!!!!.
  • "in due course" if it's not before the start of the season, quite frankly isn't good enough.

The kit we play in is our identity, as much as the stadium we play in and the name we call ourselves. Imagine we had outsourced the upkeep of the ground to a third party, and they had screwed it up and we couldn't play our first home game at The Valley, but it's ok because they'll fix it "in due course"?
  • edited July 2022
    sam3110 said:
    "in due course" if it's not before the start of the season, quite frankly isn't good enough.

The kit we play in is our identity, as much as the stadium we play in and the name we call ourselves. Imagine we had outsourced the upkeep of the ground to a third party, and they had screwed it up and we couldn't play our first home game at The Valley, but it's ok because they'll fix it "in due course"?
    All hypothetical, spoilt fan syndrome, we want it now!!!!, if not I’ll spit the dummy out and moan about what a terrible club we are. Do you think the club are happy about it  and sitting twiddling they’re fingers hoping something happens?.
  • Maybe if they didn't get drawn in by a company clearly stretching themselves beyond their means who can't stick to promises they've made and deals they've struck, they would be able to twiddle their fingers because there would be nothing to chase up. 

And maybe if you pull your head out of your arse you can see that it's perfectly acceptable to be less than 100% positive about everything around the club, especially when it comes to something that was supposedly agreed 9 months ago. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Maybe if they didn't get drawn in by a company clearly stretching themselves beyond their means who can't stick to promises they've made and deals they've struck, they would be able to twiddle their fingers because there would be nothing to chase up. 

And maybe if you pull your head out of your arse you can see that it's perfectly acceptable to be less than 100% positive about everything around the club, especially when it comes to something that was supposedly agreed 9 months ago. 
    I’d be proud of the flexibility to be able to get my arse and head anywhere near each other, get over it and wear one of you’re old favourites.ffs it’s orange anyway!!, fucking Drama queen!,.🤣
  • Very good player at this level. Found his shooting boots again last year after a quiet couple of seasons.

Would they sell? Or more likely a loan option?
  • Alarm bells should have rang, when the trainings kits showed up without Charlton badges on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if we end up with what Forest Green did to, drum roll…. Hummel 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/08/forest-green-rovers-cancel-hummel-deal.html
  • The big thing for me is the replice kits, let's not forget they are changed every season now and mostly bought by younger fans. The very least that should be expected is that all kits are available to purchase in the club shop before the season starts, right now I'd be surprised if the shop is even open by then.

I really don't understand why we ditched Hummel for this shower of shite.
  • edited July 2022
    buckshee said:
    The big thing for me is the replice kits, let's not forget they are changed every season now and mostly bought by younger fans. The very least that should be expected is that all kits are available to purchase in the club shop before the season starts, right now I'd be surprised if the shop is even open by then.

I really don't understand why we ditched Hummel for this shower of shite.
    Same reason we dropped Macron for Nike catalogue kits, cash
  • I don't think anyone's actually complaining that our support will be wearing red at Accrington due to the replica away kit not arriving. The concern is that the players will also be wearing red, with Accrington wearing their away kit because we don't have one. 

Now, if people will forgive me for looking on the bright side again:

Clearly there much come a time, pretty soon, when the club has to send someone to a supplier of Sunday league kits with the digital artwork for the club badge and the sponsor's logo and ask them to run off a set of shirts that don't clash with Accrington. Purely to avoid potential humiliation. In all likelihood, the away kit will arrive in the nick of time and the emergency kit will never be worn. That makes it a serious collector's item, so there's an opportunity for the club to get some good publicity out of the situation by selling the emergency shirts off for charity.
  • I don't think anyone's actually complaining that our support will be wearing red at Accrington due to the replica away kit not arriving. The concern is that the players will also be wearing red, with Accrington wearing their away kit because we don't have one. 

Now, if people will forgive me for looking on the bright side again:

Clearly there much come a time, pretty soon, when the club has to send someone to a supplier of Sunday league kits with the digital artwork for the club badge and the sponsor's logo and ask them to run off a set of shirts that don't clash with Accrington. Purely to avoid potential humiliation. In all likelihood, the away kit will arrive in the nick of time and the emergency kit will never be worn. That makes it a serious collector's item, so there's an opportunity for the club to get some good publicity out of the situation by selling the emergency shirts off for charity.
    Someone give @nor@northstandsteve a ding, I bet he could sort it quicker.

I notice that the Newcastle fans ain't happy either, if a massive club like that aren't satisfied then what chance have we got?

• edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    sam3110 said:
    Maybe if they didn't get drawn in by a company clearly stretching themselves beyond their means who can't stick to promises they've made and deals they've struck, they would be able to twiddle their fingers because there would be nothing to chase up. 

I’d be proud of the flexibility to be able to get my arse and head anywhere near each other, get over it and wear one of you’re old favourites.ffs it’s orange anyway!!, fucking Drama queen!,.🤣
    It's not orange, and I'm not being a drama Queen. If you don't give a shit about it, fair enough, but I, and many other people on here and in the real world do. 
  • sam3110 said:
    paulfox said:
    sam3110 said:

It's not orange, and I'm not being a drama Queen, pindick. If you don't give a shit about it, fair enough, but I, and many other people on here and in the real world do. 
    Lol!!, how did you know about my dick??, it’s what you do with it, that’s what I say anyway. Fucking hell, you’re another one that takes everything to heart aren’t you, of course it’s not orange, it was a joke earlier on when people were getting they’re knickers in a twist. I don’t really give a fuck to be honest, but you go back to you’re real world where the most important thing is a fucking football kit ya melt!!