Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• The team sheet for the under 23s tonight says we're in black shirts. Not necessarily this season's, of course. They're warming up in plain red with no sponsors logo.
    I'm sure people will have guessed, but just for the record: the black shirts in question were the away shirts from the 2020 season, complete with "Children with Cancer" sponsorship. So either we don't yet have any away kit or we do but it's blue (Hampton play in red and blue).
  • The team sheet for the under 23s tonight says we're in black shirts. Not necessarily this season's, of course. They're warming up in plain red with no sponsors logo.
    I'm sure people will have guessed, but just for the record: the black shirts in question were the away shirts from the 2020 season, complete with "Children with Cancer" sponsorship. So either we don't yet have any away kit or we do but it's blue (Hampton play in red and blue).
    This sort of clear thinking and rational speculation has no part on CL.  Shame on you.  Please stick to the hysterical mud slinging and juvenile flights of fancy.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    The team sheet for the under 23s tonight says we're in black shirts. Not necessarily this season's, of course. They're warming up in plain red with no sponsors logo.
    This sort of clear thinking and rational speculation has no part on CL.  Shame on you.  Please stick to the hysterical mud slinging and juvenile flights of fancy.
    I don't like the cut of this Swindon fellas jib, that made too much sense and is far too rational for our cage of stir crazy hyenas...
  • What can I say? I've let the forum down and I've let the club down. I apologise and will try to do better in future.
  • Dirty looking thing.
  • Looks like they had to repaint the changing room before the shoot
  • yeah, the home kit has the smudges on it as well, looks like dirty oil rag
  • Not bad looking shirt, but those smudges are weird. It looks like someone was repainting the ceiling and got splattered with white paint!
  • Sponsored links:

• Shorts and GK shirt arrived yesterday.  Really love the design of both, particularly the GK top which is essentially and outfield player shirt as short sleeved.  

The quality of the shorts is not in Hummel's league and the badge looks ironed on and a bit cheap by comparison but perhaps it's just early teething issues for Castore and they'll get feedback and up the quality in that respect.

Pricey but a nice self indulgence for a saddo approaching middle age.
  • Shorts and GK shirt arrived yesterday.  Really love the design of both, particularly the GK top which is essentially and outfield player shirt as short sleeved.  

The quality of the shorts is not in Hummel's league and the badge looks ironed on and a bit cheap by comparison but perhaps it's just early teething issues for Castore and they'll get feedback and up the quality in that respect.

Pricey but a nice self indulgence for a saddo approaching middle age.
    I've only just seen the GK shirt...that would have been a great away kit
  • I don’t suppose Hummel could stop us wearing their socks as we are presumably out of contract?
  • I don’t suppose Hummel could stop us wearing their socks as we are presumably out of contract?
    Suspect they’ll be wearing plain red ones if they don’t arrive for Derby.

more pressing is the away kit, which will be needed for Accrington, and then a set of home kits with squad numbers 
  • We played this afternoon with a colour clash because we only have keeper's shirts in yellow or with the old sponsor on. I get why they wouldn't want to annoy the new sponsor by playing with the wrong logo, but it did look a bit Sunday league.
  • edited July 2022
    Can we go back to hummel? This is a bit embarassing and unprofessional. Also, you can get red socks from Sports Direct easily enough. Why are we using ones from last year's kit manufacturer. 
  • buckshee said:
    It’s bad enough when the replica kit ain’t sorted in time but for the actual players kit to be this poor is embarrassing. 
    Embarrassing, yes. Surprising? No. Castore are clearly a tin-pot outfit who make nothing themselves - who does? - but without the clout to lean on their suppliers to get things produced in a timely fashion. Presumably they have to pay up front for this stuff and with all the other teams they have got into bed with, you wonder if sufficient funds have been made available to actually get all this gear into the country. Let alone pay someone to kit out (pun intended) the club shop.

The lack of other merch available in the on-line club shop is also piss poor.
  • Another season, another kit shambles. Already get driven mad by grandkids asking when all the kits are available so they can pick whether they want a home, away or third strip. Unfortunately I can’t give an answer and it appears the club can’t either. 
    Would have thought one of the first questions to have asked during negotiations with Castore was “can you deliver on time (ie before the season kicks off)? Obviously not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The thing is, Castore aren’t a tin pot company, very heavily backed by its investors, has supplied ok for its Premier League customers, and seen as a high growth company. But I suspect they focused all on getting the PL clubs sorted first, and are now playing catch up.

also not having the Hummel were perfect stuff
  • I think the issues aren't just limited to Castore. I know Leeds have only recently revealed their Adidas home kit and it isn't available to buy until the end of August. I think a lot is to do with general supply and distribution issues for all types of products.
  • We played this afternoon with a colour clash because we only have keeper's shirts in yellow or with the old sponsor on. I get why they wouldn't want to annoy the new sponsor by playing with the wrong logo, but it did look a bit Sunday league.

• Hummel kits have seen me through my holiday. My brother says I am a fashion victim but they are light and extremely comfortable. The best kit provider at the moment as far as I am concerened. 
  • colthe3rd said:
    I think the issues aren't just limited to Castore. I know Leeds have only recently revealed their Adidas home kit and it isn't available to buy until the end of August. I think a lot is to do with general supply and distribution issues for all types of products.
    But if that is the case then communicate it…
  • Bring back Osca 
  • We've been really lucky to have been able to use our home kit in all the friendlies. If we had played a friendly at someone who also wears red such as Leyton Orient, what kit would we have worn? A training kit?
  • We've been really lucky to have been able to use our home kit in all the friendlies. If we had played a friendly at someone who also wears red such as Leyton Orient, what kit would we have worn? A training kit?
    Might not have long to wait, Accrington is in less than 2 weeks
    That why Man Utd cancelled our game at Old Trafford