Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    Looks like Newcastle haven’t had their first team kit delivered looking at Sky Sports this morning. Salford are wearing last years Kappa kit, and Franchise are missing their socks too.

seems all the attention has gone on Wolves and Villa
    Newcastle were wearing their new kit according to their Twitter account.
  • Might be manufacturing delays in Turkey 
  • Ross said:
    Rothko said:
    Looks like Newcastle haven’t had their first team kit delivered looking at Sky Sports this morning. Salford are wearing last years Kappa kit, and Franchise are missing their socks too.

seems all the attention has gone on Wolves and Villa
    Newcastle were wearing their new kit according to their Twitter account.
    Fair enough, looked liked the old one
  • Is Milwall’s going to depict a set of socket spanners or be designed to look like the players are only wearing a string vest?
  • buckshee said:
    and there were those that were criticising Hummel. Those Hummel kits are year on year the best we’ve ever had. This kit looks cheap and ain’t even turning up on time for the team to wear. 
    Does it?

Personally think this is the best kit we’ve had since the first year of Hummel.

Each shirt since had gotten progressively worse. Still not even sure what last year’s abomination was trying to do…
  • edited July 2022
    buckshee said:
    and there were those that were criticising Hummel. Those Hummel kits are year on year the best we’ve ever had. This kit looks cheap and ain’t even turning up on time for the team to wear. 
    Does it?

Personally think this is the best kit we’ve had since the first year of Hummel.

Each shirt since had gotten progressively worse. Still not even sure what last year’s abomination was trying to do…
    Home shirts wise I agree, did love the black & gold third (even if the off purple bit did look a bit odd) Just pointing out that that was ordered in larger numbers than could be delivered and then we had to call it 'limited edition'. Hummel were good, yet imperfect
  • Sponsored links:

• The MK Dons one could be interesting with loads of circles!
    Or cows!!

• I quite like the kit (including the socks) but agree with a few others that the black stripes on the shorts look either too thick or that they would have been better without them. Most kits tend to grow on you over the season as you get more used to seeing them. They also need to be viewed on the pitch rather than in a photo shoot.

With regards to the shorts they need only be worn by the players and very young fans. Unless you’re a FKW why should we care about the shorts. 

I do miss the Hummel Ltd Edition / impossible to buy 3rd kit but we haven’t seen the other Charlton kits yet.
  • Interesting that Adidas have seven, five of which are Man Utd, Leicester, Arsenal, Leeds and Fulham…

…and Accrington and Crawley.
  • Interesting that Adidas have seven, five of which are Man Utd, Leicester, Arsenal, Leeds and Fulham…

Accrington and Crawley are catalogue jobs 

I would assume Accrington & Crawley are template kits which are franchised out to a 3rd party like we had when we wore Nike
  • I believe Adidas are cutting ties with all of their lower league clubs, focussing on the bigger clubs going forward. Accrington and Crawley are probably entering the final year of their deals.
  • so any idea when we'll see the shop open? 
  • That feels like a massive reduction in the number of clubs with catalogue kits.

Interesting that Adidas have seven, five of which are Man Utd, Leicester, Arsenal, Leeds and Fulham…

Similarly Nike have 3 Big 6 clubs and Brighton, plus 4 EFL sides. I can't imagine the likes of Pompey, Preston and Birmingham getting bespoke kits
  • Rothko said:
    so any idea when we'll see the shop open? 
    Surely Derby, although Swansea makes sense as people love a 'soft opening'

• Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Rothko said:
    so any idea when we'll see the shop open? 
    Surely Derby, although Swansea makes sense as people love a 'soft opening'

• cfgs said:
    clive said:
    Nice update but actually says nothing really.
    Oh, I think it does.

"Castor are our retail partners" is a polite way of saying it's their fault.

A lot of the rest is a round up of previous news but no harm in that. Many don't pick up every twitter story.

The season ticket posting is news as well.

Would we all want a new striker story? Of course but in the meantime.
  • Ross said:
    I believe Adidas are cutting ties with all of their lower league clubs, focussing on the bigger clubs going forward. Accrington and Crawley are probably entering the final year of their deals.

Crawley is a new deal , were Errea before but the new owners have seemingly got an Adidas deal. 
  • cfgs said:
    clive said:
    Oh, I think it does.

A lot of the rest is a round up of previous news but no harm in that. Many don't pick up every twitter story.

A striker story?!? But this the kit thread. ;)
  • cfgs said:
    clive said:
    Oh, I think it does.

Little cryptic tease there?
  • cfgs said:
    clive said:
    Well, you say that but here we are a little over two weeks ahead of the new season and reading between the lines, it sounds like Castore aren't cutting the mustard*. 

Not having international dispatch working is shambolic.  Add to that the vacuum that is the club shop, the on-line store selling nothing except kit and the lack of socks and training kit with the club badge - even for the players and coaching staff.  Well, it is not looking good is it?

As I indicated on page three of this thread they are a very small business. I'm thinking they may be expanding too fast and have over-stretched themselves.  We shall see.  It all makes a mockery of the better never stops tagline. In this case it seems better never starts would be apposite.

*No this is not a hint as to the third kit colour.
  • cafcfan said:
    cfgs said:
    clive said:
    Well, you say that but here we are a little over two weeks ahead of the new season and reading between the lines, it sounds like Castore aren't cutting the mustard*. 

Not having international dispatch working is shambolic.  Add to that the vacuum that is the club shop, the on-line store selling nothing except kit and the lack of socks and training kit with the club badge - even for the players and coaching staff.  Well, it is not looking good is it?

As I indicated on page three of this thread they are a very small business. I'm thinking they may be expanding too fast and have over-stretched themselves.  We shall see.  It all makes a mockery of the better never stops tagline. In this case it seems better never starts would be apposite.

*No this is not a hint as to the third kit colour.
    They just left out the punctuation thats all:
    Better: never. Stops.
  • "Many supporters are curious about the timing of the away and third kit launch. Both kits are due to be revealed in the coming few weeks, and we are excited to share these with you. "

You would hope so, seeing that we are in pre-season now. Or have we chosen our opponents solely so that we can wear our home kit against all our them!