Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• What does this man think about these kits? 
  • I think both kits so far are pretty decent 
  • Like the away kit. White shirt does the job under flood lights and nice red piping on the shirt. Really like the shorts and socks. Those shorts might look good with the red home shirt.
  • DA9 said:
    Textbook Charlton Life

Some people are never fucking happy 
    This, it’s a bunch of kit the players wear, it’s how they play that counts.

Unless your 12 and are going to wear the kit I am not sure why adults get so worked up about it.
  • Yep, fine, it's a sensible away kit. The only possible negative I can say about it is it reminds me a little bit of the 2008/09 away kit, which is my least favourite Charlton kit of all time, I think it's the black bits under the arms. That's a me thing though, so no complaints.
  • Rothko said:
    Like it!

Although looks like the badge might be one of those cheap iron-on transfers...

I think Olly said the ones used for the photoshoots were prototypes, and the ones being sold will have different badges on them 
    Wasn't this filmed at the same time as the home kit shoot? Hence the lack of new signings modelling the kits.

As these are prototype kits, do the first team even have a set of away shirts to wear?
  • Away kit is blue … 
    Err Ronnie, about this blue away kit…..

• cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    I doubt anyone buys the full kit, but given the tops are basically just different coloured Charlton shirts and actually not too bad, i'm sure some adults will buy them.
  • shirty5 said:
    Away kit is blue … 
    Err Ronnie, about this blue away kit…..

Ronnie is Conor.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Decent away kit that. Shame we couldn't have those shorts with the home kit and I'm probably in the minority but I prefer RSK on the front over the university as it's far less busy.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Decent away kit that. Shame we couldn't have those shorts with the home kit and I'm probably in the minority but I prefer RSK on the front over the university as it's far less busy.
    I prefer RSK over UoG 100%. Don't like black shorts with our home shirt though, have to be white for me
  • I really like this one.

Intrigued now to see what the third kit will look like, but I think the first outing for that is the women's away game at Southampton in 4 weeks, so there's a while to get supplies of that in.
  • I really like this one.

Intrigued now to see what the third kit will look like, but I think the first outing for that is the women's away game at Southampton in 4 weeks, so there's a while to get supplies of that in.
    Southampton's kit is very white this year. 
  • cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    Go on, admit it, you’re wearing a goalies top… :*
  • shirty5 said:
    What does this man think about these kits? 
    Shay Givens had a makeover!
  • sammy391 said:
    Scoham said:
    My guess is a remake of the 1923/24 season home kit.
    Haven’t we had something similar before?

Would imagine it’ll have some link to the ‘100 years at the valley’ celebration this season? 
    My favourite. Until recently, my most recent shirt, relatively recently worn, to the more recent of the Sunderland Play Off finals, the most memorable day for us, in recent times.

I'm ashamed to admit that I do prefer to wear blue, but in my defence, we've a pretty good record when I do, so you shouldn't discourage me. The more recent one I've got is blue too, but I tend to wear that as a running top when it's washday for the rest.

Far too much information here for you. Enjoy the new kit. Looks alright, but I shan't be buying it. Buying it, I shan't be, not if the third kit's gonna be blue! 😎
  • cafc4life said:
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

The museum would be happy to take those old shirts off your hands.

Would help us out greatly 
  • cafc4life said:
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
  • It's a nice kit, but why does everything have to have a weird story these days?!

"It's inspired by the workers of a chalk pit that used to be here."

Just "It's a football kit, it's white, we've tried to make it a smart one that looks good.  Hope you like and buy it" would do.
    It is a good job the ground wasn't built on a sewage works.
  • Sponsored links:

• MK dons had the paint splash design right?

Could it be possible based from the picture that ours could be White and Chalk based with dusty splashes? If that makes sence? Kinda representing the dusty clothes they would have worn.
    Was almost right with my prediction! 
  • cafc4life said:

@randy andy

I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
    Did you? Brilliant.

Even more recent one's we'd be happy to have @randy andy
  • edited July 2022
    cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)

• It's a nice kit, but why does everything have to have a weird story these days?!

"It's inspired by the workers of a chalk pit that used to be here."

Just "It's a football kit, it's white, we've tried to make it a smart one that looks good.  Hope you like and buy it" would do.
    It is a good job the ground wasn't built on a sewage works.
    Coventrys famously was

• edited July 2022
    cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)
    @randy andy

@charltonnick will be all over those 

Can you drop them off at the Valley?  
  • edited July 2022
    cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

@randy andy

I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
  • cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

@randy andy

I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
    Cheers 
  • edited July 2022
    What in the actual fuck

• edited July 2022
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

Adidas and Nike have started doing two versions of their clubs shirts: "home shirt" and "match home kit".

One is the cheaper "replica" (but still 70 quid on JD Sports) and the other is the more expensive match-worn shirts (at 100 quid on JD Sports).
  • edited July 2022
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

Adidas and Nike have started doing two versions of their clubs shirts: "home shirt" and "match home kit".

One is the cheaper "replica" (but still 70 quid on JD Sports) and the other is the more expensive match-worn shirts (at 100 quid on JD Sports).

It's basically a cash grab.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/whats-the-difference-between-a-match-shirt-and-a-stadium-shirt