Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

Adidas and Nike have started doing two versions of their clubs shirts: "home shirt" and "match home kit".

One is the cheaper "replica" (but still 70 quid on JD Sports) and the other is the more expensive match-worn shirts (at 100 quid on JD Sports).

It's basically a cash grab.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/whats-the-difference-between-a-match-shirt-and-a-stadium-shirt
    And there’s us moaning about our £55/-5 shirt!!,😂 it’s an absolute piss take though, football does shoot itself in the foot sometimes. 
  • paulfox said:
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

Adidas and Nike have started doing two versions of their clubs shirts: "home shirt" and "match home kit".

One is the cheaper "replica" (but still 70 quid on JD Sports) and the other is the more expensive match-worn shirts (at 100 quid on JD Sports).

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/whats-the-difference-between-a-match-shirt-and-a-stadium-shirt
    And there’s us moaning about our £55/-5 shirt!!,😂 it’s an absolute piss take though, football does shoot itself in the foot sometimes. 
    England shirts have had more expensive "technical" version for a good few years now.
  • DRAddick said:
    paulfox said:
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

England shirts have had more expensive "technical" version for a good few years now.
    Yes I know, however if you had 3 kids wanting the actual shirts!!!!!😬😬😬🤣
  • edited July 2022
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

They both look the exact same. That is also one of the ugliest Utd kits of all time and that's saying something 
  • Great as the new away kit looks, it seems safe to assume we don't have a supply of it available for the players yet.

• The match shirts are shit, designed to only be worn once or twice, and certainly not by fat blokes in the stands

• The black bit under arm I’m not keen on 
    the grainy chalky bit would have been better all over than just the front (maybe back 🤷‍♂️)
    looks,like the sides and top part of arm are plain white , that all over would have been better (as VG pointed out)
    will look better with the non cheap and nasty looking badge .
    reasonable effort in looks 6.75/10
    shorts are ok not sure they really wanted us to see the socks in that video it was a nano glimpse   Are there any normal pics available ?

Is the club shop open to go in and purchase ?
    with kids growing and sizes always a bit hit and miss I’d rather go in in person to buy this stuff than guess 

although I suppose waiting till when they’re all available home/away/third could mean purchasing in a couple of months time when they’re back at school and have less need to wear it 

bring them all out early July , revolutionary idea 

• Kieran Maguire has just shared an article in The Athletic which says lots of clubs are having supply problems and that it's down to production, particularly in China and Vietnam, being disrupted by Covid lockdowns during the past year, which put the relatively few large manufacturers behind schedule. Meaning that a lot of clubs' kit is still in containers being shipped across the world when it was due to have arrived already. The article's behind a paywall.

• Leeds sold 300,000 shirts last season - wow. 
  • We may wear the cat in the hat socks for the first time this afternoon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonkers that clubs might have to sign off a design a year in advance, or that so few factories actually make them. They're simple polyester shirts, sold with a fat margin, not a high tech product relying on complicated procedures.
  • DRAddick said:
    paulfox said:
    siblers said:
    What in the actual fuck

I've got both the 'Stadium' and 'Pro' version of the newest England kit. The pro version is on a different level quality wise. There's an embossed pattern all over the pro shirt whereas the stadium one is just a plain white nylon shirt. They could easily sell the pro version for £50 and still make money

• The black bit under arm I’m not keen on 
    the grainy chalky bit would have been better all over than just the front (maybe back 🤷‍♂️)
    looks,like the sides and top part of arm are plain white , that all over would have been better (as VG pointed out)
    will look better with the non cheap and nasty looking badge .
    reasonable effort in looks 6.75/10
    shorts are ok not sure they really wanted us to see the socks in that video it was a nano glimpse   Are there any normal pics available ?

Is the club shop open to go in and purchase ?
    with kids growing and sizes always a bit hit and miss I’d rather go in in person to buy this stuff than guess 

although I suppose waiting till when they’re all available home/away/third could mean purchasing in a couple of months time when they’re back at school and have less need to wear it 

bring them all out early July , revolutionary idea 

It's a horrible shirt from that angle
  • ChiAddick said:
    I do love a 1/4 zip top. Perfect for Golf.
    £58
  • WSS said:
    ChiAddick said:
    £58
    Very punchy the price point isn’t it?😬
  • Bonkers that clubs might have to sign off a design a year in advance, or that so few factories actually make them. They're simple polyester shirts, sold with a fat margin, not a high tech product relying on complicated procedures.
    Would be great if this was the catalyst for clubs and manufacturers to move to not bringing out 3 new kits every single year. Surely it makes more sense to have them on rotation for each year they change, get stock ready for customers to buy and not once the season has started in reality only leaving a few months until it is put on sale.

I seriously doubt it'll happen as the greed is too great.
  • WSS said:
    ChiAddick said:
    £58
    That's ridiculous. Wont be buying unless there is a sale.
  • edited July 2022
    Yellow Gk, home red, away white is the order of preference for me so far. Will probably wait until xmas for one though, same as the running gear. First time in years I've not purchased when they released.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Leeds sold 300,000 shirts last season - wow. 
    I assume that figure is across home, away and third shirts so not that surprising for a club who get 40k each week in an area of probably 1m people.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I assume that figure is across home, away and third shirts so not that surprising for a club who get 40k each week in an area of probably 1m people.
    Pure guesswork but I imagine we do not shift 3,000
  • No complaints now about the socks now they’ve been seen in a match? 
  • ChiAddick said:
    Yeah, like the look of that. Can’t play golf though. 
  • I thought the kit looked very nice on the pitch.
  • MrOneLung said:
    For all 3 shirts, i'd say it must be higher than 3k surely. My guess would be around 10k, remember there's probably kids who get all 3.

@Airman Brown might be able to shed some light on numbers from back in the day?
  • You pays your money you takes your choice 
  • MrOneLung said:
    For all 3 shirts, i'd say it must be higher than 3k surely. My guess would be around 10k, remember there's probably kids who get all 3.

@Airman Brown might be able to shed some light on numbers from back in the day?
    And some sad adults that get all 3 plus the keepers... 
  • Think it’s about 7,000 shirts on average 
  • Rothko said:
    Think it’s about 7,000 shirts on average 
    Wonder how many of those are sold at full price, as opposed to waiting until they are reduced.