Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Tbh I wait till end of the season and buy 1 for a heavily reduced rate I then wear them to potter around the house in 
  • Rothko said:
    Think it’s about 7,000 shirts on average 
    How do you know that?
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Think it’s about 7,000 shirts on average 
    How do you know that?
    Cause I asked the club shop manager last year, and that’s the number he gave. 
    Out of interest, do you know the number of home socks sold v’s away in 2015? 
    I imagine sales of shorts are higher between May and August.
  • edited July 2022
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

Fewer than half clubs have kit available 
  • when will we be seeing the third kit?
  • I read yesterday that Derby don’t even have an away kit. 
  • I read yesterday that Derby don’t even have an away kit. 
    They'll probably just use the one they had last season.
  • edited July 2022
    "Fewer than half of EFL and Premier League clubs have both their new home and away kits available to buy online ahead of the season, as manufacturers face supply chain issues.

Only 44 out of 92 clubs currently have both their 2022-23 season kits on sale."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

Edit: Oops, missed @HardyAddick 's post above
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

The museum would be happy to take those old shirts off your hands.

Would help us out greatly 
    I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
    Did you? Brilliant.

Even more recent one's we'd be happy to have @randy andy
    I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)
    @randy andy

@charltonnick will be all over those 

Can you drop them off at the Valley?  
    I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
    BIL is away too. He works for Kent police and has been drafted in to help with the Commonwealth Games (West Midlands police asks other constabularies for extra manpower), so he's in Birmingham next week sometime.

Therefore, first game either of us will be getting to is Cambridge on the 20th.
  • edited July 2022
    Anyone got any ideas what days/times the club shop's open this week please?
  • Not sure what the opening times are but was in there this morning at 10.15 assume there open all day everyday
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

Out of the 92 clubs in the top four leagues:

• 44 teams have both kits available for sale on their website
    • 22 teams have only their home kit available
    • 7 teams have only their away kit available
    • 19 teams have neither kit available

Imagine the meltdown if we were one of the 19.
  • Also given they'll be coming from the same manufacturer, not quite sure how 7 sides managed to get their away kit before the home one.
  • Also given they'll be coming from the same manufacturer, not quite sure how 7 sides managed to get their away kit before the home one.
    Arguing about Pantones of course…
    Presumably the away kit in those cases is the same basic shirt as another team's home, so the manufacturer has plenty of that shirt (e.g. if you're an Adidas catalogue club and your away shirt is the same template/colour as the Man Utd home, Adidas will have millions of red shirts ready to go, but may not have your rarer home shirt available yet)
    Presumably the away kit in those cases is the same basic shirt as another team's home, so the manufacturer has plenty of that shirt (e.g. if you're an Adidas catalogue club and your away shirt is the same template/colour as the Man Utd home, Adidas will have millions of red shirts ready to go, but may not have your rarer home shirt available yet)
    A lot of 3rd kits will be generic ones, so also easier to produce. For example under Hummel I assume our 3rd kits were generic ones other than the last black one?

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

Out of the 92 clubs in the top four leagues:

• 44 teams have both kits available for sale on their website
    • 22 teams have only their home kit available
    • 7 teams have only their away kit available
    • 19 teams have neither kit available

Imagine the meltdown if we were one of the 19.
    Just fortunate that no one this forum would make any judgements based on not having the full facts at hand ;).
  • edited July 2022
    Also given they'll be coming from the same manufacturer, not quite sure how 7 sides managed to get their away kit before the home one.
    A lot of 3rd kits will be generic ones, so also easier to produce. For example under Hummel I assume our 3rd kits were generic ones other than the last black one?

Think that's correct though it was a different white shirt for the third (still generic). 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    I like the kits overall, but genuine question, how many fully grown men walk around wearing goalkeepers kits? Cant imagine many even though we do have a degree of weirdo's supporting us.
    With the goalkeepers' kits being essentially just outfield shirts in a different colour this year I imagine a lot more will be sold. If you really want a shirt, you will have the choice of 6 colours this year, so can just pick your favourite.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the range of training/casual wear. Even in my 40s I still like a replica top, but it becomes harder and harder to justify the cost for something I wear a dozen times for 1 or 2 years and then it joins the pile of old shirts in the back of my wardrobe.
    @randy andy

I'll see what I've got, don't think any are particularly old, apart from the ecru one I actually collected from your house that I'll happily donate back as it doesn't get worn anymore.
    Did you? Brilliant.

I'm sure I have some more in a bag somewhere, but here's 3 replica shirts (red ones are XL, ecru is 46/48), and a selection of black tops (macro training top XXL, macron training sweater XL and Nike casual polo XL)
    @randy andy

I can, but not until later in August, was hoping to get the Derby game, but I'm away that weekend. I'll see if my BIL is going to that game.
    BIL is away too. He works for Kent police and has been drafted in to help with the Commonwealth Games (West Midlands police asks other constabularies for extra manpower), so he's in Birmingham next week sometime.

No rush but feel free to post of that is easier @randyandy

Those Hummel kits are not ageing well.
  • cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

@randy andy

Probably easiest to sort it out on the 20th, I can get to the ground early to hand them over. What time is the museum open to on a match day?
  • cafc4life said:

@randy andy

Did you? Brilliant.

@randy andy

Probably easiest to sort it out on the 20th, I can get to the ground early to hand them over. What time is the museum open to on a match day?
    11 to 1.00

All those look shite. The Ben Watson one is on another level of shiteness. 

All those look shite. The Ben Watson one is on another level of shiteness. 
    Harsh, considering these are 3rd kits which we shouldn't need to wear more than a couple of times per season.

I would agree that the Watson blue one wasn't good though
  • Did we ever wear the turquoise one?
  • Interesting sleeves! Wonder how Reading fans are taking to it?