Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: England vs Hungary 4th, Germany 7th, Italy 11th and Hungary 14th June 2022

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Worst home defeat since 1928. Says it all
    I disagree - the 0-0 with Scotland was more embarrassing.
  • Options
    I blame Ch 4!!!!! Lol
    Haha was just about to say the same thing - They should never be allowed to show an England game ever again
  • Options
    Well that was shit, wasn't it.
  • Options
    Will / should Gareth get the elbow?
  • Options
    Possibly, however I am not sure we've taken this tournament seriously in any way.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Worst home defeat since 1928. Says it all
    I disagree - the 0-0 with Scotland was more embarrassing.
    Might've been more embarraaing but it weren't a 4-0 home defeat
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Has to happen now if it does... Cant wait until after the Nations League to get a new Manager

Might as well send Scotland to the World Cup instead of us

Use the Italy / Germany game in either TWO ways

- The new Manager can get to know his squad ahead of the World Cup
     - Southgate gets show that these four games were as a result of tiredness, which I dont buy

Southgate still has my support... He should be given the World Cup, and then goes if we dont get to the Semi-Finals again
  • Options
    He deserves to take charge at the World Cup - but the pressure is on for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still haven't even scored a goal from open play
  • Options
    No. Shit result but a glorified friendly. Players are knackered after a long season and clearly don't really give a shit about the nations league
  • Options
    lol!... Lets hear about the attitude of the players from the likes of Joe and Ashley Cole!!

Pot pissing kettle...

Those two were part of the most embarrassing era of English Football
    Very harsh on both, particularly Ashley. He always turned up, especially in the big games. He couldn’t control the whole team. 
  • Options
    4 games and probably created about 5 good chances in those matches. So many things need sorting so will start with the most simple one. Need a natural left back. If Shaw or Chillwell isn’t fit, pick a championship left back. Can’t continue with a right footed left back.
  • Options
    Has to happen now if it does... Cant wait until after the Nations League to get a new Manager

Might as well send Scotland to the World Cup instead of us

Use the Italy / Germany game in either TWO ways

- The new Manager can get to know his squad ahead of the World Cup
     - Southgate gets show that these four games were as a result of tiredness, which I dont buy

Southgate still has my support... He should be given the World Cup, and then goes if we dont get to the Semi-Finals again
    Agreed. He’s earned the World Cup at least 
  • Options
    lol!... Lets hear about the attitude of the players from the likes of Joe and Ashley Cole!!

Pot pissing kettle...

Those two were part of the most embarrassing era of English Football
    Very harsh on both, particularly Ashley. He always turned up, especially in the big games. He couldn’t control the whole team. 
    Sorry I've very little sympathy for any of that squad.

Especially when you hear Ferdinand / Gerrard talking about the club culture.

Some may have shown up, but to put club before country is unforgivable.
  • Options

No / yes
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    World Cup starting eleven has all but picked itself though, and should be the focal point for Italy / Germany in September if possible

Pickford
    Walker - Maguire - Stones
    X - Rice - X - Shaw
    Foden - Kane - X

Three spots available because Alexander-Arnold | James - Bellingham | Phillips - Mount | Sterling | Saka havent done enough this month
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No. Shit result but a glorified friendly. Players are knackered after a long season and clearly don't really give a shit about the nations league
    This

Massive overreaction to this result/tournament on social media
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I notice the extra posters on an England thread tonight tho 🤣
    Yeh I agree, you should only be allowed to post on here if you do so for every game.

Only caught the second half because I was just got back from watching my son playing cricket. At least his dearly departed grandfather, who played in Hungary in the 1950s at the time of Puskas and who had been regularly embarrassed by the performance of his birth team for a period of more than 40 years, will have some cause to smile tonight.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Theres absolutely no way the FA are gonna sack Southgate off the back of a crap nations league none of them wanted to participate in. Are the same questions being asked of France? Belgium who were beat 4-1 at home (KDB actually said they don’t even wanna be there).

The main focus is 5 months away in Qatar. Won’t stop a total overreaction towards the manager tho.
    Not talking about CharltonLife, but feel the majority of England fans have been desperate for this "told you so" performance.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    This

Massive overreaction to this result/tournament on social media
    England losing 4-0 at home to Hungary is always going to have a big reaction
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    it's not an over reaction - it's a humiliation on our own doorstep and its been bloody coming. 
  • Options
    Lost twice to Hungary and failed to score - what exactly were the positives?

Can't blame it all on tiredness.

One goal in 4 games.
  • Options
    Did we play flat back 4 again ? 
  • Options
    Know a lot of those players will have had one eye on a bar in Mykonos but they should still have a bit of pride in the bloody shirt. Awful set of performances in these 4 games.
  • Options
    Theres absolutely no way the FA are gonna sack Southgate off the back of a crap nations league none of them wanted to participate in. Are the same questions being asked of France? Belgium who were beat 4-1 at home (KDB actually said they don’t even wanna be there).

The main focus is 5 months away in Qatar. Won’t stop a total overreaction towards the manager tho.
    Not an over reaction at all. We’ve got some of the most exciting players in Europe and you can almost guarantee we will get a back 5 at the World Cup, with two holding midfielders. We never create enough chances and that problem is so obvious and over the last 4 matches we have seen us rarely test any of the goal keepers.
  • Options
    Wow.