Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 8 quid pint is with us ...

Comments

• Options
    £8 for a pint of alcoholic liquid sounds like a deal, my Mrs was knocking back glasses of chardonnay in Nathan Outlaws restaurant in Rock, Cornwall the other day at £17.00 a glass, nowhere near a pint in quantity.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I live in West Yorkshire. Now and again you see a £5 pint, but usually under. It was about £2-3 not long ago. Proper beer too. 
    Idle working man's club its about £2.50-£3.00 a pint.  Most places in Leeds are about 4-5 quid a pint, Bradford normally slightly cheaper.

Was paying about 4.50 in morley at the weekend.

Yesterday in Hayes it was about the same.

How many of us are there in West Yorks?
    Wakefield?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Pravha = £4.40 - The Garibaldi, Redhill. 

San Miguel = £4.95 - The Pheasant, Betchworth (Reigate). Best served pint I've had in a while
  • Options
    £8 for a pint of alcoholic liquid sounds like a deal, my Mrs was knocking back glasses of chardonnay in Nathan Outlaws restaurant in Rock, Cornwall the other day at £17.00 a glass, nowhere near a pint in quantity.  
    Clues in the name... Daylight robbery! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!
  • Options
    Took  advantage of this whilst in gran canaria last week 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I live in West Yorkshire. Now and again you see a £5 pint, but usually under. It was about £2-3 not long ago. Proper beer too. 
    Idle working man's club its about £2.50-£3.00 a pint.  Most places in Leeds are about 4-5 quid a pint, Bradford normally slightly cheaper.

Was paying about 4.50 in morley at the weekend.

Yesterday in Hayes it was about the same.

How many of us are there in West Yorks?
    A few I believe - I’m in Ilkley. I work in Bradford but worked in Leeds for a few years previously.

edit: there’s a Yorkshire Addicks Facebook group. I don’t really use Facebook but keep an eye on it. When I travelled down to the Doncaster away playoff game in 2019, Leeds station was full of Charlton fans. 
  • Options
    Warrington £3.60 for a great pint of Wainwright. Was in Scotland at the weekend and a great pint (really) of Tennants. Both beers hold onto their head until drunk 👍
  • Options
    You’re drinking in some rough places at £2 even in West Yorks! 
  • Options
    I’m going back about five years there to be fair…but yeh!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    £6 at the moment lingfield racecourse, that was a couple of years ago.
    Make your mind up mate 
    Lol dunno what happened there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £3.85 in a very nice pub in rural Wales last week.
  • Options
    £3.85 in a very nice pub in rural Wales last week.
    That’s expensive for Wales!
  • Options
    As I don't drink bitter can anyone say why it seems (based on the figures given here) that lager is so much more expensive. 
  • Options
    I’ve been in Wakefield for years and recently got my first £5 pint, was horrified. Seems to be around the £4-4.20 mark mostly. Defo more like £5 in Leeds as standard these days 
  • Options
    I’ve been in Wakefield for years and recently got my first £5 pint, was horrified. Seems to be around the £4-4.20 mark mostly. Defo more like £5 in Leeds as standard these days 
    Yeah Leeds has hit the £5 mark mostly. Ilkely varies but generally around £4 now. 

• Options
    To go back to the OP, the boozer averaging over £8 a pint must be selling some very exclusive niche stuff. I go to the Crown on Trafalgar Road relatively often these days, and there are several really interesting beers that I rarely see elsewhere. For that, in Greenwich, I'm paying anywhere from £6.50-£7.20 a pint (higher percentage - 6.7% etc - more expensive), which is pricey, but EIGHT quid?! What do they have on?!

The Ashburnham Arms is a regular, too, and that'll be £5.50-£6 per pint, which is about standard when I'm not in a Spoons.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    To go back to the OP, the boozer averaging over £8 a pint must be selling some very exclusive niche stuff. I go to the Crown on Trafalgar Road relatively often these days, and there are several really interesting beers that I rarely see elsewhere. For that, in Greenwich, I'm paying anywhere from £6.50-£7.20 a pint (higher percentage - 6.7% etc - more expensive), which is pricey, but EIGHT quid?! What do they have on?!

The Ashburnham Arms is a regular, too, and that'll be £5.50-£6 per pint, which is about standard when I'm not in a Spoons.
    Cocaine mostly.
  • Options
    My local Brewdog pub. £6.50 for draft lager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I ordered a pint in the bankers cat in Leeds a couple of weeks ago and he told me it was 7.20 a pint before he pulled it.
  • Options
    Just had a pint in a small village in Northumberland for 1/8d.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I ordered a pint in the bankers cat in Leeds a couple of weeks ago and he told me it was 7.20 a pint before he pulled it.
    I’d ask if you enjoyed it but presume (and hope) you told him not to carry on pulling? 
  • Options
    Whitstable Bay Blonde, £5.10 in the Bricklayers in Bromley.
  • Options
    Anything over a fiver is profiteering. You know you can get it for under £3 a pint in the supermarket and they are still making a decent profit on that. I like real ale/craft beers and the 'shop-pubs' have been great but boy are they over-charging. They usually run one or two cheaper lines at £4.XX but most are way over a fiver and often £6 plus.  CIU clubs (eg The Radical Club in Plumstead) still manage to serve pints at well under a fiver and their costs won't be miles away from regular pubs. It's really no wonder large high street pubs are going out-of-business. 
  • Options
    As I don't drink bitter can anyone say why it seems (based on the figures given here) that lager is so much more expensive. 
    Because people with the taste buds of a teenager deserve ripping off?  :D  
  • Options
    £3.70 for a pint of lager in Wales over the weekend.
  • Options
    Paid 5.95 for Guinness @ Wick Inn, Brighton
  • Options
    Was in the Pelton Arms the other week and the price of a pint went up from £6.80 to £7.50 at 9pm.

Couldn't believe it was £15 for two pints, I'm not tight at all but bloody hell. I'm not going to be going the pub very often for a while*.

*It's only £4 a pint at the golf club which is where I'll get my fix.
  • Options
    Would've agreed 15 odd years ago, but some of the lagers out nowadays are lovely.