Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 8 quid pint is with us ...

Comments

• Options
    £7.50 for a Guinness at Lords last week. If you take the cup back you get a £1 back but the bastards shut the bar before the close of play 
    Are you sure there weren't open bars to return your cup, as I had no trouble getting the cup refund on Thursday when I was there.

Indeed, in comparative terms, £6 for a pint of Pedigree in a sports venue seems reasonable when compared to some of prices quoted here.
  • Options
    £2.10 for a pint of Doombar in Rochester Wetherspoons last week.
    All Wetherspoon real ales are basically the same price, so you can usually get something really nice for £2.10 ish (outside of Central London) such as Titanic Plum Porter or a local ale
  • Options
    Anything over a fiver is profiteering. You know you can get it for under £3 a pint in the supermarket and they are still making a decent profit on that. I like real ale/craft beers and the 'shop-pubs' have been great but boy are they over-charging. They usually run one or two cheaper lines at £4.XX but most are way over a fiver and often £6 plus.  CIU clubs (eg The Radical Club in Plumstead) still manage to serve pints at well under a fiver and their costs won't be miles away from regular pubs. It's really no wonder large high street pubs are going out-of-business. 
    Your first two sentences are nonsense (actually apart from the bit about you liking beer, the whole post is broadly nonsense).
    All the comments about the price beer can be bought at would suggest not :)
  • Options
    My local micro pub in Newent Gloucestershire is my happy place ❤️
    Hi mate you do know there 2 charlton fans that live in Newent. 
  • Options
    Anything over a fiver is profiteering. You know you can get it for under £3 a pint in the supermarket and they are still making a decent profit on that. I like real ale/craft beers and the 'shop-pubs' have been great but boy are they over-charging. They usually run one or two cheaper lines at £4.XX but most are way over a fiver and often £6 plus.  CIU clubs (eg The Radical Club in Plumstead) still manage to serve pints at well under a fiver and their costs won't be miles away from regular pubs. It's really no wonder large high street pubs are going out-of-business. 
    Your first two sentences are nonsense (actually apart from the bit about you liking beer, the whole post is broadly nonsense).
    Only if you can’t tell the difference between selling price and margin…
  • Options
    The Windsor by fenchurch street is £4.80 for a pint of stella, the spoons in cannon street £5.19
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    YTS1978 said:
    A few posters have mentioned prices at gig venues. Me and my brother went to the Scala in Kings Cross the other week and they were punting out cans (yes cans) of red stripe for about 6 quid each! They also had a selection of craft cans available, as well as draft stuff, which I imagine was waaay more expensive. How can you justify that for a can ffs? They didn't even open them or poor it into a plastic cup lol

Edit. We still had three each though!
    I used to go to ‘punk audition night’ at Dingwalls in the late seventies. 
    £1 to get in, four large cans of red stripe for a quid (before 7pm). Job done.
    PS They didn’t open them, so I could make them last. 
  • Options
    £8.00 is ridiculous,but no more so than the rip of little bottles you have to have in some places that regularly cost£4.50 plus,and they dont even look half a pint.
  • Options
    So some are making much bigger margins than others........
  • Options
    Dubai Prices, in fact I actually think it is cheaper here, most places have long happy hours that run from 3-9pm.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So some are making much bigger margins than others........
    Gross or net?
  • Options
    £8.00 is ridiculous,but no more so than the rip of little bottles you have to have in some places that regularly cost£4.50 plus,and they dont even look half a pint.
    They will be the 330cl bottles of beer that you find from the USA and Europe, perhaps?

• Options
    Queens Head Chislehurst Carling £4.20
    Mudlark Borough Mkt Guinness £5.75
    Old Thameside  ditto £5.90
    Barrow Boy & Banker ditto £6.25
    Slug & Lettuce O2  ditto £5.50
    O2 - 3 pints & a small can of non alcoholic lager £28.35
    The Lamb Holloway Road - Guinness £5.20
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

So O2 is dearest at roughly £7.75 a pint & £5 for a small can of Beck's zero alcohol. 
    The Lamb is a cracking pub.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

So O2 is dearest at roughly £7.75 a pint & £5 for a small can of Beck's zero alcohol. 
    And a great end game for Covered End's amazing pub crawl.
  • Options
    Can’t do Spoons, personally, but micropubs are great places for reasonably priced ale. 
  • Options
    since lockdown i drink a lot more indoors now as opposed to going out. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

He must have been p***** and got the wrong train after the 02.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Can’t do Spoons, personally, but micropubs are great places for reasonably priced ale. 
    Snob.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Snob.
    I'm a snob too. Weatherspoons is the pits.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

He must have been p***** and got the wrong train after the 02.
    2 different days of course  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £2.10 for a pint of Doombar in Rochester Wetherspoons last week.
    I’d pay an extra £2.10 not to be in most Wetherspoons. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Snob.
    You can't beat going there and being grunted at by the bar staff......after waiting 10 minutes to get served.
    I'll suffer anything to pay £3 a pint.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    People that look down their noses at Weatherspoons should consider themselves fortunate that they are in a position to do so.
    Weatherspoons provide the cheapest - and in many cases, the only -  option for those on a low income to have a drink, but just as importantly it provides the elderly, the lonely and neglected poor to be in a social setting with a pint for a couple of hours and feel that they belong before trudging home to their life of isolated penury.
    Weatherspoons provides affordable booze, food and more 'social care' than any government. 

Yes you’re right, can see why @ElfsborgAddick likes them.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

Despite it culturally appropriating the name of a sentient being in order to trade in liquor?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Snob.
    You can't beat going there and being grunted at by the bar staff......after waiting 10 minutes to get served.
    I'll suffer anything to pay £3 a pint.
    I'm not a fan but I love these permanent views from an experience or two.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Redskin said:
    People that look down their noses at Weatherspoons should consider themselves fortunate that they are in a position to do so.
    Weatherspoons provide the cheapest - and in many cases, the only -  option for those on a low income to have a drink, but just as importantly it provides the elderly, the lonely and neglected poor to be in a social setting with a pint for a couple of hours and feel that they belong before trudging home to their life of isolated penury.
    Weatherspoons provides affordable booze, food and more 'social care' than any government. 

Yes you’re right, can see why @ElfsborgAddick likes them.
    And some of my best friends.

PS, I do not go under the elderly bracket.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    To be clear, I don’t “look down my nose” at Wetherspoons. I just think Tim Martin is a **** and don’t want to give him any of my money, if that’s alright with everyone.
    So is Dushitelet.  Do you still go to home games?
  • Options
    Ffs. That’s a ridiculous comparison. I can find dozens of pubs that I prefer to any Spoons. I can’t do that with a football club I’ve supported  since 1967. I can’t just decide I’ll go to Palace or Millwall instead of Charlton because I don’t like the owner. 

I’m not going to Spoons @ElfsborgAddick. Get over it.