Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 8 quid pint is with us ...

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I've been going to a really nice pub near my house since I moved in two years ago, spending £6-£7 on a pint each time. Moving next week. Only just realised set foot in the Wetherspoons last week and discovered it's a really nice pub and had three of my favourite beers - charging £4 tops. Feel like such a fool. 
    A bit like buying, I dunno ..... onions in Waitrose.

Only to find the same quality onions being sold in Aldi for the half the price.

But it's nicer to shop in Waitrose rather than Aldi, isn't it?
    Especially if you're a Daily Mail reader.

• Options
    It's a lot cheaper leaving the lady wife at home I have recently realised.
    You're doing it the wrong way round! ..... (winky smiley thing).

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I've been going to a really nice pub near my house since I moved in two years ago, spending £6-£7 on a pint each time. Moving next week. Only just realised set foot in the Wetherspoons last week and discovered it's a really nice pub and had three of my favourite beers - charging £4 tops. Feel like such a fool. 
    I can think of stronger words.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    £9 for a pint of lager in Aqua Shard, which seems quite reasonable compared to the bottle of 2005 Château Margaux, 1er Grand Cru Classé £2655.

https://aquashard.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/aqua-shard-wine-list-July-23.pdf
  • Options
    £9 for a pint of lager in Aqua Shard, which seems quite reasonable compared to the bottle of 2005 Château Margaux, 1er Grand Cru Classé £2655.

https://aquashard.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/aqua-shard-wine-list-July-23.pdf
    What did you buy?
  • Options
    Paid £6.50 for a pint of wheat beer in oxford last week that is the most i have ever spent on a beer. The pub The Royal Blenheim Arms. They did do a fantastic range of beers though.

https://www.titanicbrewery.co.uk/our-pubs/the-royal-blenheim/
  • Options
    Princess of Wales in Blackheath last night

pint of Madri, pint of Lucky Saint, Vodka lime and soda and a White wine

£34.45....nearly choked, no wonder pubs are going under
  • Options
    I can remember just coming out of lockdown, me and my step father went for a pub crawl around Greenwich. I believe our third pub was the Trafalgar Tavern along the Thames. We was charged a service charge as you couldn't order at the bar (that we was sitting within a meter off), two pints of larger (cant remember exactly what we drank) came to around £20! Still have no clue how it gets as busy as it does when I walk past there.
  • Options
    SVN_Drinks Menu A4 30.08.2022 PB (thesovereign.com.au)

Gives you an idea of prices in Perth. Joondalup is 20kms north of the City. And yes, we have a Lakeside shopping centre here too! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pint of Madri and large vodka lime and soda cost me £8.20 Sunday.

• Options
    SVN_Drinks Menu A4 30.08.2022 PB (thesovereign.com.au)

Gives you an idea of prices in Perth. Joondalup is 20kms north of the City. And yes, we have a Lakeside shopping centre here too! 
    I will be in Fremantle in 75 days so will experience this but can’t wait.

I also have tickets for Morrissey in Perth on 1st December, will be the first time I’ve seen him.
  • Options
    was quite refreshing to go to nice last week there prices havent really gone up at all, around 6/7 euro a pint which years ago was punchy but now feels like a bargain. 

horniman at hays galleria a few weeks back 

£8.45 for a starapramen 
    £7.95 madri 

ridic 

i tend to drink at home more nowadays and i think a lot of my pals have gone the same way. 
  • Options
    Nice beer but view not so spectacular Chazzy.
  • Options
    Nice beer but view not so spectacular Chazzy.
    Agree not the best angle Chips. Was concentrating more on the beer and tapas. It is a nice little bar just on the edge of town on the way into the hills. Going rate for beer and tapa at all the bars here is 2 euro. 
  • Options

they still card only? Think a pint in there when i went was well over 6 quid. 

went in there last year before a match. Pint was poured and as i gave them the cash to pay they said they couldn't accept it. Didn't have any money in my account so had to leave and they just chucked the pint down the sink. 
  • Options

went in there last year before a match. Pint was poured and as i gave them the cash to pay they said they couldn't accept it. Didn't have any money in my account so had to leave and they just chucked the pint down the sink. 
    Crazy prices in that pub. Had a Neck Oil in there... £7.45!
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

4 euros the lot down here in rural Andalusia.
    whats in the pint?

also, the sarnie at the back reminds me of my ex
    Lol. It tasted ok. The beer was 500 ml of draft Alhambra. Topped of with some icey froth stuff. Goes down a treat when the temperature is about 40 degrees. A nice big measure of Rioja is 2.40 euro. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got a pint of carlsburg in the spoons in Stratford on the way to the game £2.66 can't go wrong with that
  • Options
    I paid £44 for two large glasses of Savignon Blanc in Mayfair a few weeks back (The Audley).
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I paid £44 for two large glasses of Savignon Blanc in Mayfair a few weeks back (The Audley).
    That is mental. I'd have told them to pour that wine back in the bottle and forget about it.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66785823

Eight quid and 20p now. Dynamic pricing lol. They will be charging to take a piss next  :/
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Crazy prices in that pub. Had a Neck Oil in there... £7.45!
    How much for the Full Body Massage? 😉
  • Options
    Not been going to pubs much since Lockdown but slowly getting back in the habit. Was paying £5.60 a pint of Guinness at beginning of August, went back in on saturday & it's gone up to £6.30. How the fuck can a pint go up 70pence in just a few weeks ?
  • Options

yep was card only - which is half the problem cause I didn't even check the price until it popped up on my phone 5 mins later how much I'd spent!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    That is mental. I'd have told them to pour that wine back in the bottle and forget about it.
    I was having a drink before going to the restaurant next door…Scott’s. I won’t tell you how much lunch cost🥸
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    We were on holiday on Isle of Wight last week and our hotel was charging £10.25 for a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc and we thought that was expensive.
  • Options
    It's getting extortionate, but the problem is that we're the mugs that are paying it.