Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Pre-Season Friendlies | Preview & Match Threads (Welling p59, Swansea p67 )

Comments

• Options
    Is CBT out of contract next summer or did we give him a new deal?
    He got a new deal until next summer. Original contract was until end of December 2021.
  • Options
    Like the kit and the performance so far
  • Options
    I have literally no idea what formation we're playing. Sometimes it looks like 4 at the back with Clare and Claydon as fullbacks, but other times it looks like a 3, with CBT and Claydon as wingbacks. At least we're dominating possession and should have scored at least 1
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Clayden looking an interesting option as an attacking left back.
    I wouldn't take too much notice from a warm up game. 
  • Options
    I have literally no idea what formation we're playing. Sometimes it looks like 4 at the back with Clare and Claydon as fullbacks, but other times it looks like a 3, with CBT and Claydon as wingbacks. At least we're dominating possession and should have scored at least 1
    Tel keeps saying back 3 but looks more like a 4 to me, its hard to see because of the camera angle 
  • Options
    Our build up from the back understandably needs improvement, especially we're pressed quickly... Was nice trying to get out of their press, but when it didnt work - Killie got the loose ball far too high up
    Pretty sure Swindon fans said similar about Garner's style of play last season. Will look great when it works, but on a few occasions it'll fall apart and we'll concede.
    Nice to see when it happened again a moment ago, that O'Connell (?) just resorted to semi getting rid of the ball by half lumping it away - Hopefully we wont see them resorting to it too often, but equally good to know the players have the sense to just get rid when they have to.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Anyone else getting some buffering ?
    Working fine for me. 

Decent opening from us considering Killie have had 3 pre-season games already. Chucks looked very good in the opening 15, sitting in that role behind Davison. He played quite a few decent passes wide and through. DJ a little unlucky hitting the post, but he should really have scored.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Scoham said:
    Clayden looking an interesting option as an attacking left back.
    I wouldn't take too much notice from a warm up game. 
    Agree but worth Garner having a good look during preseason. We can potentially have Clayden as cover for a first choice. Would save money and give us two pacey attacking left backs (assuming that's the type we'll bring in). He obviously did enough during his loan to win a new contract, and as it an age where if he can't compete for the first team we should have released him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a clear back 3 there but then both wing backs were well advanced.  Confused but interged. 
  • Options
    There is a really irritating loud bird on the stream now!!
    Katie Price has to take the work wherever she can find it I'm afraid. 
  • Options
    Good effort from Morgan.
  • Options
    Starting to move the ball a bit more confidently now. That one from Morgan to Davison just then was very good.
  • Options
    Nice bit of fast and accurate passing along the floor there.
  • Options
    Did Tel just say that we're playing a midweek game against Colchester?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    30mins in. Charlton have been the better team. 3 good chances, 1 of which should’ve been buried. McGilvaray hasn’t had anything to do. CBT is going to be our star player this year if he can stay fit. 

Ps If the first 30 is anything to go by, we’re gonna have the best possession stats in the league
  • Options
    Maybe it is just me, but I feel like JFC has an issue where he likes to drift out quiet wide on the left.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a clear back 3 there but then both wing backs were well advanced.  Confused but interged. 
    It doesn't help that you can't see our left back position on the screen. 
  • Options
    Not watching & not that bothered about performances at this stage. These games are just to get minutes into your legs & to get back into the swing of things. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need to work on the dead ball delivery 
  • Options
    good dead ball there, needed CBT to stretch a bit more, but lots of good signs
  • Options
    Maybe it is just me, but I feel like JFC has an issue where he likes to drift out quiet wide on the left.
    Going to be annoying when he plays alongside Gilbey, from the back of his head I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference... At least until the individual is required to control the ball
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Is CBT out of contract next summer or did we give him a new deal?
    He got a new deal until next summer. Original contract was until end of December 2021.
    Yeah that's what i mean, so he's out of contract next summer. A good start to this season and he'll have other clubs sniffing around him, and we'll lose him for nothing next summer.

He's one we definitely need to tie down to a 2-3 year deal i think.
  • Options
    I’m not a massive fan if I’m honest, I wasn’t bothered when he was leaving and whilst we had a duty of care after he was injured, I wouldn’t have given him a contact 
  • Options
    Oh Chuks is playing

• Options
    Davison should score there, at least hit the target
  • Options
    39mins great passing and movement, back to front. Great ball in from JFC and Davison heads over under no pressure 
  • Options
    Hopefully his last game 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!