Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Pre-Season Friendlies | Preview & Match Threads (Welling p59, Swansea p67 )

Comments

• Options
    Better to get them

out the way … that’s why we play pre season games 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Ohhh Charlie... great run, but the pass had to be better... Great pass to set him on his way
  • Options
    Garner Ball in full flow there  :#
    This again, but for us, and it was really good.
  • Options
    Fraser looking really promising. Egbo's been good other than the howler. 

A certain someone has been gutlessly hiding and occasionally passing it to Kilmarnock on the edge of our box
  • Options
    Missed the goal first time, that replay is hilarious. Best to get em out the way in pre-season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    Why is Egbo playing left back?
    Because we don't have one? 
    But why would you play your new right back there? Seems odd. Play JFC there. Give the new guy the right back slot on his first outing I would’ve thought. Anyway, it’s a friendly so no big deal, 
  • Options
    Some of our fans diss Scottish football. Wonder what their fans say about that goal.
  • Options

Fraser looks classy. 
  • Options
    Pre season match v Swindon at the Valley? Terry on the button as usual.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    But why would you play your new right back there? Seems odd. Play JFC there. Give the new guy the right back slot on his first outing I would’ve thought. Anyway, it’s a friendly so no big deal, 
    Would guess he wants to see all midfielders in their natural position to make a judgement call on them. Henry obviously got the short straw and been pushed out to right back.
  • Options
    our senior players are ignoring Leaburn he is hardly getting the ball unless he gets an interception.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    In all fairness, JFC only had one game there that I can remember. Better off using a Wing back to play that role whatever the side. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Pre season match v Swindon at the Valley? Terry on the button as usual.
    Yes another year of enduring him awaits. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    A certain someone has been gutlessly hiding and occasionally passing it to Kilmarnock on the edge of our box
    Wasnt impressed early on when, that someone (I presume we're thinking about the same player) was close to Leaburn on the half-way line, both stood there with neither going for a loose ball that Killie collected.

The senior player gestured to Leaburn as if to say: "That was your ball", but looked a lot closer to it himself.

As a senior player he had to take charge of that situation!! 
  • Options
    I am very surprised about where Aaron Henry is expected to play in this game.
  • Options
    Gilbey looks a different player .
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Some of our fans diss Scottish football. Wonder what their fans say about that goal.
    To be fair, a top flight Scottish team are struggling against a English third tier team.

Not a great look - Especially when their League / Cup campaign starts next week
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am very surprised about where Aaron Henry is expected to play in this game.
    Would you rather he didn't play at all? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    To be fair, a top flight Scottish team are struggling against a English third tier team.

Not a great look - Especially when their League / Cup campaign starts next week
    Who are already 3 matches into their pre-season and essentially played there best team for the first 70 minutes as well.
  • Options
    I'd say we've looked the better side. 

They capitalised on a mistake from a player on his wrong side. 
  • Options
    Lovely ball from Gilbey to Kirk... Now... Was it it intentional?
  • Options
    Lovely ball from Gilbey to Kirk... Now... Was it it intentional?
    He was actually aiming to kick it back to JoJo...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!