Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heat Wave - Weather Watch

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    If 22 today didn’t hammer home the problems we’ve got then I don’t know what will.  We need real leaders who have to do so much more 
    We're about 20-30 years too late in my opinion. Even if the Western Europe, Far East and North America go 100% sustainable and green NOW, the damage will continue to be done by the emerging world
  • Options
    That’s handy, will keep my shorts on the banister
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    If 22 today didn’t hammer home the problems we’ve got then I don’t know what will.  We need real leaders who have to do so much more 
    Yeah but it was hot in 1976. We just called it summer then…. Even in October. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    That’s handy, will keep my shorts on the banister
    You got kids or grandkids?
  • Options
    Although pleasant, the temperatures for Saturday onwards are well above the average for June.  Mainland Europe already getting some hot days as well.  I dread to think what we could be facing over coming years as a planet.  

• Options
    It might be hot in the day at the moment but it’s still really chilly in the evening.
    Roll on next week and hopefully the evenings will be warmer as well
  • Options
    Been in Cornwall since last Friday and it’s been glorious, hardly seen a cloud in five days and it’s very warm for early June 
  • Options
    It's only low to mid 20s for the next few days. Pleasant in the sun, but hardly a heatwave or anything unusual for June. And the nights have still been quite fresh
  • Options
    40 degrees by day near 30 at night in the Dominican at the moment. ☀️😁😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Well I don't know where you lot are, but in my part of the world (central and south London) barring Sunday - which was lovely and sunny all day - the last two weeks have consisted of grey cloudy and overcast mornings with the sun eventually peeping out mid to late afternoon and a fresh northerly breeze making it feel quite chilly at times.

No glorious wall to wall sunshine here. And certainly no global warming armageddon. In fact, its been a bit shit.
    Yep same here. Currently walking to work with a jacket AND a coat on freezing my arse off, under completely grey skies. 
  • Options
    This high pressure seems to have been sitting where it has for weeks, bringing down the cold winds and cloud from the North Sea in all that time. 
    West of the country was definitely the place to have been in the past month.
  • Options
    Yesterday was basically overcast all day, I think the sun came out for 5 minutes  :D
  • Options
    Looks like Cornwall (West) is the place to be then. 👍🏻
  • Options
    Quite pleasant during the day, but the morning are bloody chilly for this time of year
  • Options
    Just the casual 46 here today.
  • Options
    Supposedly all change in the South East from today of course..but we'll see!
  • Options
    Only 24c on the Côte d’Azur and been quite cloudy. And still has a chill in the air at night 😎🥸
  • Options
    Away to Devon for four days from friday - looks as if we will be missing the heat, which the dog will be pleased about at least. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023

• Options
    I didn’t realise it had been that chilly in the south east. Here in Somerset, having had the heating on until sometime late April,  it’s been glorious for the past month. Still not a global warming heatwave but very pleasant.
  • Options
    Stand down everyone and hold the front page. The sun just came out in Essex !  Can confirm it's currently a very balmy 17 degrees lol
  • Options
    Its been fantastic here in Warrington for the last 3 weeks, the grass has tuned to white straw. I think there is a change coming though at the weekend. Going to Zadar in Croatia for a week on Thursdsy, it looking like thunderstorms for the first 4 days :(.
  • Options
    I didn’t realise it had been that chilly in the south east. Here in Somerset, having had the heating on until sometime late April,  it’s been glorious for the past month. Still not a global warming heatwave but very pleasant.
    Talking of global warming, I had a very famous eco activist and actress in my cab yesterday. Lovely lady tbf and tipped very well so thankfully she doesn't mind being driving around London so no complaints from me.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Off_it said:
    This high pressure seems to have been sitting where it has for weeks, bringing down the cold winds and cloud from the North Sea in all that time. 
    West of the country was definitely the place to have been in the past month.
    Yep, sounds like there's been an east/west divide, rather than the usual north/south.

Was on a Teams call yesterday and I was sat there with my suit jacket on and our guy in Leeds had a jumper on - we were both in cloud with stiff chilly breezes. The person from Southampton had on a summer dress with the sun streaming through her window and the person from Glasgow (Glasgow ffs!) was in shorts and t-shirt - they were both boiling after days of uninterrupted sunshine.

I did make the point that I didn't mind Southampton being nicer/warmer as that's nearer the equator, but I draw the line at bloody Glasgow!
    Im in Leeds at the moment and it’s freezing, made the mistake of not bringing a jacket with me. 
  • Options
    I'm on the south coast and in general it's been lovely the last three or more weeks. Coldest day was when Golfie and family visited but other than that it's been warm and sunny and mainly blue skies. Admittedly not hot and gets chilly early evening but very pleasant indeed, certainly shorts and tee shirt weather.
  • Options
    It’s been fantastic here in Warrington for the last 3 weeks, the grass has tuned to white straw. I think there is a change coming though at the weekend. Going to Zadar in Croatia for a week on Thursdsy, it looking like thunderstorms for the first 4 days :(.
    I was in Croatia around this time last year coming back from the Plitvice Lakes. And hit a storm with golf ball size hailstones. Ruined the rent car but luckily the windscreen wasn’t damaged. Next day went to the village where Tito was born. The place was severely damaged from the hailstones. 

• Options
    A lot of Indians have come over for the cricket at The Oval. They must have read that we will be having a heatwave, and come over for some warmth 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Starting to use washing up water for the garden.  The 2 year old hedge plants (hawthorn, black and redcurrant mostly) are still doing ok (I guess the roots go down quite a way now) but the grass and smaller plants are beginning to look at bit limp.