Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Was our Rock Star owner there last night? 
  • It would seem that TS is back in the USA at present & as such was not present last night.

I am advised though that he should be at The Valley for the Ipswich match.
  • It would seem that TS is back in the USA at present & as such was not present last night.

With or without the missus?

Don't know....but RM's not his missus.

Eh .... 

Are you really sure about that Fanny?
  • edited October 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting to see a few clubs put up for sale/selling stakes in the past few days , Huddersfield up for sale now because of Dean Hoyles health issues and Watford looking to sell a stake like Norwich did last month.

Seems to be a growing list of clubs looking for investment/new owners. 
  • edited October 2022
    It's making me wonder if the current climate of world debt will take out football clubs in this country. There are predictions of fortunes being wiped out this summer and while I know in the Rugby world Wasps was an extreme case, I don't see much difference in their inability to service a debt to the debts of the majority of football clubs outside the Premier.
  • I wonder the same but I still scratch my head over how most clubs survived during covid. Especially as the government/PFA support package didn’t last as long as some were led to believe.

That’s why I asked. You made a comment recently alluding to that.

Interesting.
  • Anyone know what’s happened to Rui Pinto? The tweets stopped very abruptly. Did he / she get sussed? Did he / she get sacked?
  • edited October 2022
    _MrDick said:
    Anyone know what’s happened to Rui Pinto? The tweets stopped very abruptly. Did he / she get sussed? Did he / she get sacked?
    We won a few games. It’s far easier to have a dig when we lose.

Winning = Garner is God, Kirk should have been a number 10 all his life, Innis is immense, £22 to see Charlton take on L2 Stevenage is good value & Sandgaard is taking us on HMS Piss the League.

Losing = The summer recruits are all league two standard, Kirk can’t play upfront, Innis is a liability, £23 to see Charlton play a L1 opponent is robery & Rui Pinto digs out Sandgaard.
    I'm thinking the tweets might coincide with times when the owner's actually here and visible, seen as a clear and present danger to those working for the Club if you like. I don't know of course and you might well be right, in which case after yesterday, normal service could soon be resumed.
  • Exactly this. When things are going ok results wise most supporters are happy and the criticism of ownership will subside and that is understandable. I'm sure if we lose at the weekend voices of discontent will start to flow again. We are a fickle lot 🤭

I'm still finding to total silence from TS very strange though. He has either decided to take some advice to tone things down or has got the hump imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Anyone know what’s happened to Rui Pinto? The tweets stopped very abruptly. Did he / she get sussed? Did he / she get sacked?
    Danish Mafia silenced him with some cement boots and he’s signed for us and will be playing up front wearing them shortly 

• DA9 said:
    AndyG said:
    Exactly this. When things are going ok results wise most supporters are happy and the criticism of ownership will subside and that is understandable. I'm sure if we lose at the weekend voices of discontent will start to flow again. We are a fickle lot 🤭

I'm still finding to total silence from TS very strange though. He has either decided to take some advice to tone things down or has got the hump imo.
    All football fans are fickle, whatever team they support, it’s not unique to us.
    My spurs supporting other half and her son came home last night bemoaning the world and VAR and referees and demanding change, despite sitting top of their champions league group 
    Yeah, but Spurs* deserve it...

* Other teams available 

(Poor decisions that is, not sitting at the top of their group)
  • Apologies if I’ve missed it but did Thomas ever respond to the Trust’s request for a meeting?
  • He’s back in the country.