Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    going back to Olly's redundancy, to be made redundant would mean the position that he did is now obsolete? is this the case? 

I can't see that being the case which means (i know next to nought on employment law btw) this redundancy is not lawful. 

Also i'm surprised that these tweets arnt causing more of a stir. 
    Its the position not the person that is redundant, employers often pay you off more than its worth going to tribunal for.

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    thenewbie said:
    Rothko said:
    So is the Valley getting a sponsor, or is this something someone has gone off on a tangent about? 
    You might very well think that in true Charlton Life fashion some idle and entirely baseless speculation has somehow created several pages of waffle... But I couldn't possibly comment.
    Not sure why it’s not a legitimate topic for discussion in the week we played at something called the Poundland Stadium. I suspect nobody would pay enough for it to happen though.
    We played at the WHAM stadium on the first day; we played at sponsored grounds through pre season and last season. It’s the equivalent of a phone in presenter doing an hour on parking tickets, gets the phones ringing, doesn’t really change the world 
    Not sure you understand the function of this board. Very little said on here is going to “change the world” so I’m not sure what point you are making.

I commented because the repeated assertion that it can’t happen because RD owns the ground is nonsense in my opinion. It hasn’t happened because no one wants to pay enough to interest the club. So it’s a hypothetical discussion, like much else on here (see also transfer gossip). But the substantive point is that it’s an option open to the club’s owner and not the landlord.
    Ah cheers for the education, in such a supercilious way
    Says the bloke who sneers at other posters for their views on a regular basis. Right.
    Somehow using 'supercilious' in a sentence seems ..um... supercilious (double and triple checks definition of 'supercilious' before hitting post comment...)
  • Options
    I believe those who have contacts inside the Club and post on here to keep us informed of what they're hearing and I've yet to hear anything good reported back about staffing relations. Not having job security makes for a fearful working environment.

I'm not as trusting of twitter, don't use it myself, and certainly wouldn't expect Raelynn to reply to accusations posted on it, from whoever has made them and regardless of how genuine they may be.
  • Options
    i've heard a rumour as to the real reason Olly was 'let go' but won't be posting it on here - i suspect loads have heard the same rumour - its nothing very surprising / shocking and could be completely untrue for all i know  
  • Options
    There is an added issue is that some may hear things they can't share because it could compromise the source. In those cases, what they hear helps to inform their position which may be less positive as a result, but they look overly negative as others don't know what they know. I would imagine Airman shares a small percentage of what he knows on here for instance.
    Absolutely, which is also why specific details are sometimes held back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Good alias to use, suspect it’s a recently released member of staff who knows how to use social media to get stuff out there 
    It's not.  It's worse than that.
    For those of us not in the know, will we ever know?
  • Options
    Should be sticking massive EV panels on the roof of the stands and using the electricity generated to cover our energy bills.  There must be a pretty quick pay back given the size of the roofs.  Would have though it would generate a meaningful short to medium term saving.
    Not too sure about short term gain and it depends on how long you mean by medium term.
    But take The Valley.  Stick a load of EV panels on the roof.  The roof space is enormous and it would have no impact on players, fans etc.  There MAY even be grants available (although suspect not currently).

Then Stick a load of car chargers in our car park.  TS could then recoup significant cost by charging fans/players to charge their cars when parked there (do it at a reasonable rate slightly less than it would cost at home as it is all profit if you have generated the power yourself) = even quicker pay back. 

He could even rent it out during the week when it would otherwise be under utilised.

Landlords are doing this on offices and the like already, so the economics must work.

Plus businesses will be taxed more on their carbon emissions in future years through sustainable taxonomy so it would be future proofing us from that too.

Of course, not owning The Valley is not ideal but I still think the pay back would work.
    Supermarkets are offering free charging while you shop, so it’d need to be at a pretty low rate, which might not recoup the cost of installing to charging points. It costs around £15 to fully charge a car at home, so perhaps they could get away with charging £10 at The Valley. Not really a big earner. Plus of course not many fans have electric cars at this time. 
    They’d be better off using the panels to power the whole ground, and saving having to pay inflated energy bills over the next couple of years. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Should be sticking massive EV panels on the roof of the stands and using the electricity generated to cover our energy bills.  There must be a pretty quick pay back given the size of the roofs.  Would have though it would generate a meaningful short to medium term saving.
    Not too sure about short term gain and it depends on how long you mean by medium term.
    But take The Valley.  Stick a load of EV panels on the roof.  The roof space is enormous and it would have no impact on players, fans etc.  There MAY even be grants available (although suspect not currently).

Then Stick a load of car chargers in our car park.  TS could then recoup significant cost by charging fans/players to charge their cars when parked there (do it at a reasonable rate slightly less than it would cost at home as it is all profit if you have generated the power yourself) = even quicker pay back. 

He could even rent it out during the week when it would otherwise be under utilised.

Landlords are doing this on offices and the like already, so the economics must work.

Plus businesses will be taxed more on their carbon emissions in future years through sustainable taxonomy so it would be future proofing us from that too.

Of course, not owning The Valley is not ideal but I still think the pay back would work.
    Supermarkets are offering free charging while you shop, so it’d need to be at a pretty low rate, which might not recoup the cost of installing to charging points. It costs around £15 to fully charge a car at home, so perhaps they could get away with charging £10 at The Valley. Not really a big earner. Plus of course not many fans have electric cars at this time. 
    They’d be better off using the panels to power the whole ground, and saving having to pay inflated energy bills over the next couple of years. 
    Well of course.  But there would be spare electricity given the size of the roofs and an extra £10 x 50 spaces or so on a match day, plus renting during the week is all easy revenue.  Not a massive earner but worth it and as I said it also future proofs us against taxonomy.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JamesSeed said:

Well of course.  But there would be spare electricity given the size of the roofs and an extra £10 x 50 spaces or so on a match day, plus renting during the week is all easy revenue.  Not a massive earner but worth it and as I said it also future proofs us against taxonomy.
    I’d imagine the set-up cost would be into six figures and not all of the roofs, if any, would have the optimum orientation or slope. Most of the electricity would be fed into the grid because the club wouldn’t be able to use it, unless there was further substantial investment in batteries.

There wouldn’t be any power generated at the time the floodlights were needed and the percentage of electric cars using the car park on matchdays will be small.

Nothing wrong with the principle but probably impossible to make it work for the club financially.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:
    Would we be allowed to re name the stadium the ‘Don’t Vote Tory Ever Valley’?
    No. As you well know, - you'll remember the issue with poppies - FIFA/UEFA bans this kind of stuff. 

No political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images are permitted.  

Of course that begs the question as to how football clubs are allowed to continue to use the rainbow laces idea to support LBGTQ+ inclusion,  why players can "take the knee" or why mangers, etc can wear badges in Ukraine national flag colours.  While the vast majority of people would go along with these indications of support, it seems to me that they are clearly a breach of the FIFA laws, being overtly political.
    Interesting - in Scottish football you regularly see advertising hoardings for the SNP at pitchside. Always struck me as weird. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:
    No. As you well know, - you'll remember the issue with poppies - FIFA/UEFA bans this kind of stuff. 

No political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images are permitted.  

Of course that begs the question as to how football clubs are allowed to continue to use the rainbow laces idea to support LBGTQ+ inclusion,  why players can "take the knee" or why mangers, etc can wear badges in Ukraine national flag colours.  While the vast majority of people would go along with these indications of support, it seems to me that they are clearly a breach of the FIFA laws, being overtly political.
    Interesting - in Scottish football you regularly see advertising hoardings for the SNP at pitchside. Always struck me as weird. 
    Don’t they also have the leader of the Scottish Tories running the line. He must be fuming when he turns around and sees the SNP advertising hoardings behind him 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:

Don’t they also have the leader of the Scottish Tories running the line. He must be fuming when he turns around and sees the SNP advertising hoardings behind him 
    Yeah, that’s really odd too. Scottish football is amazingly insane. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:

Christ a linesman and a politician!!!! Surely that is the very definition of a masochistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:

Christ a linesman and a politician!!!! Surely that is the very definition of a masochistic?
    He’s rubbish at both too! 
  • Options
    Got more money than sense if he’s playing a Musicman guitar…
  • Options
    Hopefully he is on his way
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Hopefully he is on his way
    To the UK? to Denver? to the pub? 
  • Options
    to the championship???
  • Options
    to sign some players…??
  • Options
    To man at C&A?