Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From misery to happiness today?
    Uh-huh, uh huh, uh-huh…..
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    And in other news, Sandgaard release their latest EP #LetsRock

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From misery to happiness today?
    Have to admit doing a Proclaimers cover is an unusual choice :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/thomas-sandgaard-provides-transfer-update

This was already posted in the rumours thread but felt it could generate discussion/waffle (delete as necessary) on this topic too:

“We have just slowly and methodically been adding to the squad. We have also been recruiting as part of the overall strategy for the club. We will have a period of probably two seasons where we are getting to the point of being financially break-even, or cash flow neutral. Half of that will take place this season and the other half next season. We're slowly increasing revenues so it's nice to see that part of it coming together and we're slowly reducing costs elsewhere.

“This summer we've been able to rely on free agents so far and that has been very helpful, with relatively few loan players so we're still building a squad for the future which is important. We will continue to do that here over the next several transfer windows.

“The new signings have fitted in really well personality-wise and in terms of their technical abilities, their eagerness to learn even more, to fit into the squad and being adaptable with Ben Garner's style of coaching."

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    And in other news, Sandgaard release their latest EP #LetsRock

Oh dear ! 

Poor, or no proof reading again ! 

" ONly MY WAY " surely ! 
  • Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/thomas-sandgaard-provides-transfer-update

This was already posted in the rumours thread but felt it could generate discussion/waffle (delete as necessary) on this topic too:

“We have just slowly and methodically been adding to the squad. We have also been recruiting as part of the overall strategy for the club. We will have a period of probably two seasons where we are getting to the point of being financially break-even, or cash flow neutral. Half of that will take place this season and the other half next season. We're slowly increasing revenues so it's nice to see that part of it coming together and we're slowly reducing costs elsewhere.

“This summer we've been able to rely on free agents so far and that has been very helpful, with relatively few loan players so we're still building a squad for the future which is important. We will continue to do that here over the next several transfer windows.

“The new signings have fitted in really well personality-wise and in terms of their technical abilities, their eagerness to learn even more, to fit into the squad and being adaptable with Ben Garner's style of coaching."

That's so exciting. On the back of that The Valley will be full in no time.
    Rock n roll baby 🤘🏻
  • Options
    Got more money than sense if he’s playing a Musicman guitar…
    Hey, I used to have one of them, and it wasn’t that expensive! That was in the late seventies though. 

Ar, sorry, mine was a Fender Music Master on reflection. Gave it away, foolishly. 

• Options
    Is that the first time he’s been officially titled in something ‘Owner and CEO’ or is that nothing new?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Emptying the ground of employees 
  • Options
    Shrinking the club, and getting ready to sell. Feel sorry for BG in all honesty. I expect no further signings, and another missed opportunity. Stuck in L1 with this owner for the foreseable I am afraid. 'Break even' ... utterly clueless, and with it arrogant.
  • Options
    Shrinking the club, and getting ready to sell. Feel sorry for BG in all honesty. I expect no further signings, and another missed opportunity. Stuck in L1 with this owner for the foreseable I am afraid. 'Break even' ... utterly clueless, and with it arrogant.
    Ready to sell or try and make it more appealing to outside investors?
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

I would take a guess at sell.

The fella loves the limelight too much to share the spoils.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

I would take a guess at sell.

The fella loves the limelight too much to share the spoils.
    What’s he got to sell. He’s just a tenant
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    CafcSCP said:
    that would be my guess as well - sell that is 
  • Options
    Is that the first time he’s been officially titled in something ‘Owner and CEO’ or is that nothing new?
    Nothing new. He's been Owner, CEO, Director on the OS for a while.

https://www.charltonafc.com/staff
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Apparently he’s increasing revenues by emptying the ground. Does he saw people in half and then produce them from cupboards as well?
    I guess what we don’t see is the revenue generated from Charlton Tv.  Some of the stay away will buy that each week instead of going as it is cheaper and easy to get around with VPN. 

I have always wondered of the business sense, I assume he feels all the income is accretive but how much revenue is lost is the question.  Any thoughts?
  • Options
    He is looking for investment but people don’t believe his business plan is credible.
    Are you sure he has a business plan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is looking for investment but people don’t believe his business plan is credible.
    Are you sure he has a business plan?

It's called the flip-flop plan. You generally lurch from one thing to the other, until you get lucky. Or the money runs out .
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Shame he turned it down last summer. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Apparently he’s increasing revenues by emptying the ground. Does he saw people in half and then produce them from cupboards as well?
    I guess what we don’t see is the revenue generated from Charlton Tv.  Some of the stay away will buy that each week instead of going as it is cheaper and easy to get around with VPN. 

I have always wondered if the business sense, I assume he feels all the income is accretive but how much revenue is lost is the question.  Any thoughts?
    There is revenue from Charlton TV but it seems unlikely it stacks up as a business proposition on its own merits. The net revenue isn’t all Charlton’s and there are operating costs. The ex-pros are great on it and may well be worth the money but they aren’t working for nothing. That’s before you get to the ticket revenue it is cannibalising.

I am not saying I believe you can avoid the technological change, by the way, or that it’s not a good thing for fans, just that I doubt it works financially or that the numbers are particularly impressive in practice. In any event, it’s not a game-changer and ticket revenue will be down year on year as the season progresses.
  • Options

I have always wondered if the business sense, I assume he feels all the income is accretive but how much revenue is lost is the question.  Any thoughts?
    There is revenue from Charlton TV but it seems unlikely it stacks up as a business proposition on its own merits. The net revenue isn’t all Charlton’s and there are operating costs. The ex-pros are great on it and may well be worth the money but they aren’t working for nothing. That’s before you get to the ticket revenue it is cannibalising.

I am not saying I believe you can avoid the technological change, by the way, or that it’s not a good thing for fans, just that I doubt it works financially or that the numbers are particularly impressive in practice. In any event, it’s not a game-changer and ticket revenue will be down year on year as the season progresses.
    i'm sure you're views are well founded airman but wouldn't it also be fair that you were often very critical of the ownership in the early to mid 90's in voice of the valley and look how that turned out so maybe, just maybe, things could turn out a lot better than you think   
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    DOUCHER said:

i'm sure you're views are well founded airman but wouldn't it also be fair that you were often very critical of the ownership in the early to mid 90's in voice of the valley and look how that turned out so maybe, just maybe, things could turn out a lot better than you think   
    Pretty strange overall interpretation of VOTV in the mid 1990s. Even stranger if that was the case that the same board then asked me to set up and manage its comms team in the PL…

I was certainly sceptical about Roger Alwen’s stewardship pre-1994 and that view was shared by the people who nudged him aside.
  • Options
    Do we know what the revenue was for the year to June 2022 yet. Bound to be up on the previous year when only three home games I think had crowds at all due to Covid. I keep seeing a loss of 8M reported, but I'm not sure what year that related to. Was it the Covid year ending June 2021?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Do we know what the revenue was for the year to June 2022 yet. Bound to be up on the previous year when only three home games I think had crowds at all due to Covid. I keep seeing a loss of 8M reported, but I'm not sure what year that related to. Was it the Covid year ending June 2021?
    No but Thomas keeps saying it was an 8 million loss. No reason to not belive him. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I've had a crazy crazy idea, why don't we all pay a pound, to TS every time we make a post on Charlton Life , he might clear that 8 million loss a year , and we'd all be skint, but at least one person will be happy! ok, as you were....
  • Options
    Gonna treble the revenue but sells nothing on the online club shop other than extortionate replica kits.
  • Options
    Gonna treble the revenue but sells nothing on the online club shop other than extortionate replica kits.
    Apparently that’s all there is in the actual shop? Haven’t been in there personally, but so I was told.