Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Seems pretty legit to me, when will this circus end :(
  • Options
    It’s an interesting read I give it that. One or two tweets have disappeared and rightly so when it was predicting a couple of more named off pitch staff possibly leaving the building. 

• Options
    Isn't Sandgaard's wife a doctor. Wouldn't she be better off curing people and let somebody who understands football and its administration have a go?
    Yes, a hundred times over. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Been sent this, doesn’t look good (if true) (@RuiPin2022): https://twitter.com/RuiPin2022?t=b1LJuBGjiePEWCPnKTK9jA&s=08

This account is followed by OG. If that’s not a an endorsement, I don’t know what is
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Not blaming his wife for it but the person who sanctioned the purchase of Aneke wasted a lot of the owner's money. A decent football man may have prevented that decision which looked very odd at the time.

Sandgaard is showing he hasn't got money to throw about and risk so why did he last season?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Been sent this, doesn’t look good (if true) (@RuiPin2022): https://twitter.com/RuiPin2022?t=b1LJuBGjiePEWCPnKTK9jA&s=08
    Please could someone put this up as some of us don't use Twitter and looks like this is something that everyone needs to read. Thanks.
  • Options
    You will need to read them from the bottom upwards. 
  • Options
    Would we be allowed to re name the stadium the ‘Don’t Vote Tory Ever Valley’?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    J BLOCK said:

This account is followed by OG. If that’s not a an endorsement, I don’t know what is
    It’s pretty much the staff view I’ve heard.
    Serious questions need to be asked and answered by TS on what is happening behind the scenes. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I won't pass comment on the sensibility or otherwise of this hypothetical, although I know many, not all, will agree with the sentiment, but as far as it's legality goes, I attach an article leading to a firm of Solicitors who might know the answer should you wish to find out as they attach an enquiry form.  

Naming Rights to Sports Stadiums: the key legal issues - Ison Harrison Solicitors
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    I won't pass comment on the sensibility or otherwise of this hypothetical, although I know many, not all, will agree with the sentiment, but as far as it's legality goes, I attach an article leading to a firm of Solicitors who might know the answer should you wish to find out as they attach an enquiry form.  

Naming Rights to Sports Stadiums: the key legal issues - Ison Harrison Solicitors
    Thanks for this.
    Doesn’t look like there would be anything to stop the stadium being named the ‘Don’t Vote Tory Ever Valley’.
    If the ‘morality’ of such a name (or a name such as ‘Don’t Vote Labour Ever’) is questioned, the answer would be to debate the morality of naming stadiums after gambling companies.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    No. As you well know, - you'll remember the issue with poppies - FIFA/UEFA bans this kind of stuff. 

No 
    political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images are permitted.  

Of course that begs the question as to how football clubs are allowed to continue to use the rainbow laces idea to support LBGTQ+ inclusion,  why players can "take the knee" or why mangers, etc can wear badges in Ukraine national flag colours.  While the vast majority of people would go along with these indications of support, it seems to me that they are clearly a breach of the FIFA laws, being overtly political.
  • Options
    Hardly a problem we need to concern ourselves with Seth, unless you win Euro Millions and become owner. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:

Thanks for this.
    Doesn’t look like there would be anything to stop the stadium being named the ‘Don’t Vote Tory Ever Valley’.
    If the ‘morality’ of such a name (or a name such as ‘Don’t Vote Labour Ever’) is questioned, the answer would be to debate the morality of naming stadiums after gambling companies.
    It did get me thinking that as Roland owned St. Truiden in Belgium and is/was a political figure himself there, I'm unsure how he used his ownership of that Club to promote his political ideals, if he did at all, or was even allowed to there that is. I don't think it was through Stadium Sponsorship though.

Edit. @cafcfan's reply above appears to answer the question.
  • Options
    Hardly a problem we need to concern ourselves with Seth, unless you win Euro Millions and become owner. :)
    That’s the plan.
  • Options
    Ironic really, that you can have fungicide token and gambling all over the sport, but some other things are not allowed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they are genuine, these tweets are unprecedented.
  • Options
    Agreed if these are genuine it is no doubt worrying. 

Plus the ongoing silence on the Olly front is deafening. I'm sure there are things going on behind the scenes.

At the end of the day if any workplace is staffed by people that are either in fear or disgruntled then that doesnt bode well. The bit I dont get is that other staff knew but were told to keep things quiet, that imo is very unlikely as the chance of someone not passing that info on is next to nothing
  • Options
    short skirt - where?
  • Options
    short skirt - where?
    Thomas?
  • Options

• Options
    Good alias to use, suspect it’s a recently released member of staff who knows how to use social media to get stuff out there