Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

30 YEARS BACK AT THE VALLEY CELEBRATIONS PLANNED

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Charlton’s home Sky Bet League One fixture against Cheltenham Town will now take place on Friday, December 2nd (7.45pm KO BST).
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/date-moved-cheltenham-town-visit
    Just as well I’m on the first flight out on Friday then 🙄
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Trouble is some of us are getting old!
    Oi, some of us aren’t getting old, we are old. 
  • Options
    Sensible decision made by the club. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Alcafc1 said:
    If England finish second in the group they will be playing at the same time.
    Surely every game in the country would be moved to accommodate that - even if it means a late/early kick off. 
    Surely it’s easier to move the England game.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    seth plum said:
    Trouble is some of us are getting old!
    Oi, some of us aren’t getting old, we are old. 
    I opted out and will happily remain in my mid 30s. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-and-johnnie-jackson-to-be-guests-at-back-to-the-valley-dinner/

Tickets still available for next Thursday’s dinner. 80 pounds + VAT. (£96) 

Decent line up of old players and managers in attendance 
  • Options
    Heads up to get your tickets for Friday tonight to avoid the surcharge. Back the boys 
  • Options
    Friday Night 
  • Options
    So who on here is going tonight to the dinner?

I'm looking forward to it and, whilst I've probably heard all the stories before, I'm still hopeful it's a good night in memory of a great occasion

I'll never forget being one of the lucky ones in there that day even if I did end up in the Jimmy Seed stand as it was.  Just another part in the drama that is being a Charlton fan I guess......and I wouldn't change it for the world
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I'm looking forward to it and, whilst I've probably heard all the stories before, I'm still hopeful it's a good night in memory of a great occasion

I'll never forget being one of the lucky ones in there that day even if I did end up in the Jimmy Seed stand as it was.  Just another part in the drama that is being a Charlton fan I guess......and I wouldn't change it for the world
    Me

• Options
    The Valley Party member’s?
    one would have thought 🤣
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I would have if it had been advertised before I booked my flight for tomorrow.
    Heh hoh!
    Have a wonderful night celebrating that amazing day 🤩♥️
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

My dad won a free ticket after my sister in law entered his details with reasons why - he did a lot to help the club back then and still lives and breaths it - my sister in law is going with him and she loves Yann so they should both have a great night 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    Swisdom said:

My dad won a free ticket after my sister in law entered his details with reasons why - he did a lot to help the club back then and still lives and breaths it - my sister in law is going with him and she loves Yann so they should both have a great night 
    Yann is on my table - still looks as fit as a flea 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Peter Varney is here too. Can’t say I was expecting that 
    Why is that Swis?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Why is that Swis?
    Following his tweets I wondered if he’d be welcome - but there’s a couple of tables separating him from Thomas and I’m yet to see them scuffling
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Swisdom said:

Yann is on my table - still looks as fit as a flea 
    yes - my sister in law been sending pics - will upload tomorrow if i get a chance 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    But who is his plus one?  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Matt Hancock?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Matt Hancock?
     Lady Hussey ?
  • Options
    Was a good night surrounded by Legends! 
  • Options
    Might be worth celebrating when we actually own it again.