Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

30 YEARS BACK AT THE VALLEY CELEBRATIONS PLANNED

1235»

Comments

• Options
    It wasn’t me guv.

On my table I was told there would be one vegetarian dish served…to another diner.
    I was told to ‘wait ‘till the end, we’ll see what we can do’.
    After everybody had finished their mains I finally got a plate of cold inedible ‘food’ plonked in front of me.
    I dare not say what it actually looked like.

• Options
    you should ask for your money back
  • Options
    You would have loved a picture of the offering on rate my plate.
  • Options
    I was being serious, the ticket price was very high, if you paid for a ticket you should ask for a refund 
    Oh. I thought you were joking.
    In the situation I didn’t want to make a fuss at my table, however all the other diners at the table did notice and commented about the situation.
    There were witnesses as it were.
    Because I am a vegetarian, and have commented on the catering options in this regard in the past which has elicited a degree of mockery, I feel awkward discussing this. 
    Many people would tell me it was the event, the company, the legends that was the point of the evening, not the food.
  • Options
    Did they say they would be providing a vegetarian option?
  • Options
    Yes. I also contacted my invitee who asked for anybody who was a vegetarian to say so, so it could be passed on.
    The dish (such as it was) was even described in the event programme.
    The dessert option was not at all suitable for vegans, but it did have half a strawberry (cut with the stalk still on) on it, so there is that I suppose.

The evening was a nice catch up with a lot of people however, and I am grateful for that.
  • Options
    I'd be very unhappy if I were you.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    Yes. I also contacted my invitee who asked for anybody who was a vegetarian to say so, so it could be passed on.
    The dish (such as it was) was even described in the event programme.
    The dessert option was not at all suitable for vegans, but it did have half a strawberry (cut with the stalk still on) on it, so there is that I suppose.

The evening was a nice catch up with a lot of people however, and I am grateful for that.

..... was lovely to catch up with you mate and the other usual suspects. BTW your Boy is a credit to you mate. Grown up a true Gentleman.
  • Options
    If only we had an expert in hospitality on the SMT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For clarity, I wasn't talking about Seth earlier! 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    For clarity, I wasn't talking about Seth earlier! 
    Anna_Kissed. 
  • Options
    Totally irrelevant regards to the cost of the evening. A fiver or a ton, if a veggie meal was an option offered then it should have been served at the same time as everyone else. 

If you was in a Beefeater or a Toby Carvery you would rightly ask questions.

No different cause it’s Charlton 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I was being serious, the ticket price was very high, if you paid for a ticket you should ask for a refund 
    Absolutely.

Me and Seth have crossed swords in the past, but that's just bollocks and for that level of dough is totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    It's the 2020s, I'm genuinely surprised that there wasn't a proper vegan option.
  • Options

Here is a picture of my table. I stood up from my seat which was between green jacket and grey top.
    You can spot my chair pushed back, and my empty dining space with half a glass of red wine in front of my ‘programme’.
    I actually took the photo as a nice souvenir of my companions not to illustrate the no food for a veggie issue, but as you can see everybody else was tucking in.
    I repeat that I have been frequently roundly mocked on here for letting it be known that I am a vegetarian, and casting doubt on the Charlton Athletic dining options, so maybe in the light of majority opinion I deserved to be treated differently.
    Sorry this post is about me, seems indulgent.
  • Options
    Looking at the reflection in the window your hair could do with a bit of a trim up for Christmas Seth 👍
  • Options
    Looking at the reflection in the window your hair could do with a bit of a trim up for Christmas Seth 👍
    I am at the stage where you don’t cut your hair but count how many you have left.
  • Options
    The man sitting next to the lady is his name Peter by any chance. Lives Croydon way?
  • Options
    Peter is the man in the grey top. Used to edit the Mercury, and he lives in Lee.