Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Queens Park Rangers | Tuesday 9th August 2022 @ 7:45pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    This is the team that played against Welling

Charlton: MacGillivray, Elerewe (Chin 46), Lavelle, Ness, Clayden, Dobson, Gilbey, Forster-Caskey, Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Aneke (Kanu 66).

Putting 2 and 2 together and probably getting 5.

Chin, Henry, Payne and Leaburn in for Elerewe, Dobson, Kirk and Aneke?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I’m sure I read somewhere that BG wants to win every match. Has someone spoken to him since to remind that we don’t do cups!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’m sure I read somewhere that BG wants to win every match. Has someone spoken to him since to remind that we don’t do cups!
    Managers always say that. And when they put a out a team of kids and no hopers in the 1st round of the FA Cup and lose, will never say it was inevitable because they left out their best players, and thus their fault.

"I respect this competition, I love the FA Cup, it's the best Cup competition in the World. I want to win every game and put out a team today that should have been strong enough to win. To lose like that is disappointing."
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Managers always say that. And when they put a out a team of kids and no hopers in the 1st round of the FA Cup and lose, will never say it was inevitable because they left out their best players, and thus their fault.

"I respect this competition, I love the FA Cup, it's the best Cup competition in the World. I want to win every game and put out a team today that should have been strong enough to win. To lose like that is disappointing."
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/garner-eager-to-make-most-of-ideal-cup-tie-v-qpr/

Pretty much word for word........
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This is the team that played against Welling

Charlton: MacGillivray, Elerewe (Chin 46), Lavelle, Ness, Clayden, Dobson, Gilbey, Forster-Caskey, Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Aneke (Kanu 66).

Putting 2 and 2 together and probably getting 5.

Chin, Henry, Payne and Leaburn in for Elerewe, Dobson, Kirk and Aneke?
    I'll take a stab at this and say one of Gilbey or JFC won't be playing. He's in need of minutes since coming in late in pre-season. Additionally, with rumours swirling that MacG has been told he can leave, we might see Harness in goal.

Harness

Chin - Ness - Lavelle - Clayden

Gilbey - Henry - Payne

Kanu - Leaburn - DJ

Subs: Wollacott, Clare, O'Connell, Dobson, Morgan, Kirk, Stockley

Rested/missing/injured: MacG, Inniss, Sessegnon, JFC, McGrandles, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke
  • Options
    Harness played today, so whilst a Goalkeeper I'd be surprised if he played tomorrow as well.

I reckon we'll see...

Wollacott
    Clare - Lavelle - O'Connell - Clayden
    Gilbey - Henry - Payne
    Leaburn - Stockley - Jaiyesimi

Subs: MacGillivray - Ness - Chin - Morgan - Dobson - Kirk - Kanu
  • Options
    West Stand car parking available tomorrow night for the price of ten pounds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A must win.
    Route to Europe.
  • Options
    QPR should have too much for us and I’d rather we keep some of our essential if injury prone players we’ll away from unnecessary action. 0 - 2
  • Options
    Saturday far more important keep our players back for the weekend plz. 
  • Options
    After Saturday we are all signed up to Garnerball yes?

3-0 to the Addicks!
  • Options
    Harness played today, so whilst a Goalkeeper I'd be surprised if he played tomorrow as well.

I reckon we'll see...

Wollacott
    Clare - Lavelle - O'Connell - Clayden
    Gilbey - Henry - Payne
    Leaburn - Stockley - Jaiyesimi

Subs: MacGillivray - Ness - Chin - Morgan - Dobson - Kirk - Kanu
    Be mad to risk Stockley when he is the only fit senior striker at the club.

Agreed. Don't think we should risk Clare either. This competition ranks below even the pizza trophy in terms of priority for me
  • Options
    Charlton ‘concentrate on the league’ athletic are back 
  • Options
    Plenty of resting players should see Rangers ease through. 0-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have sold about 2.5K tickets.
    We will be outsung, and probably outnumbered in the ground.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It's their cup final.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It's their cup final.
    Brilliant response to Mr. Happy.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/players-must-earn-qpr-shirt-080822/

Charlton memories

“I played there as a young academy player for eight or nine years. Neil Banfield (assistant coach) was the boss there at the time and he used to push and provoke me. That was my first introduction to him. He moved on in 1997 and I moved on in 1999.   

“Damian Matthew (assistant coach) went to Charlton in 2007 as a youth team coach and went on to be their U23 coach and then first-team coach.

“It is a club close to all of our hearts in terms of fond memories so it is nice to go back. I am looking forward to it.

• Options
    Potential for a stream tomorrow…

That would be great if it is ESPN +
  • Options
    Potential for a stream tomorrow…

On a US Cruise Showing 3 ESPN channels 🤞🤞🤞