Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Queens Park Rangers | Tuesday 9th August 2022 @ 7:45pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like Garner is taking the cup seriously. 

It's all practice at the end of the day for a side that hasn't played *that* much together. 
  • Options
    Is it just the West Stand open tonight?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The Addicks host QPR at The Valley at 7.45pm - with tickets initially available in the West Lower and Covered End Lower. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/get-your-tickets-tonights-game-against-qpr
  • Options
    clive said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The Addicks host QPR at The Valley at 7.45pm - with tickets initially available in the West Lower and Covered End Lower. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/get-your-tickets-tonights-game-against-qpr
    Cheers 
  • Options
    This is how I think we will line up:

MacG
    Chin  Lavelle Ness Clayden
               Henry
          JFC       Gilbey
    Payne               DJ
                Leaburn

• Options

MacG
               Henry
          JFC       Gilbey
    Payne               DJ
                Leaburn

If JFC is soon to be off we may see something like this:

MacG
               Henry
          Payne       Gilbey
    Leaburn               DJ
                Kanu

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if Saturday was what people have been describing as Garnerball. It looked a pretty conventional 4-3-3 to me. I am happy about that. Play what suits the players not what the owner would like to in an ideal world.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Not sure if Saturday was what people have been describing as Garnerball. It looked a pretty conventional 4-3-3 to me. I am happy about that. Play what suits the players not what the owner would like to in an ideal world.
    Because Ganerball is a pretty conventional 4-3-3...... 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They have sold about 2.5K tickets.
    We will be outsung, and probably outnumbered in the ground.
    Their cup final
  • Options
    Proper stadium

Any more?
  • Options
    edited August 2022

MacG
               Henry
          JFC       Gilbey
    Payne               DJ
                Leaburn

If JFC is soon to be off we may see something like this:

MacG
               Henry
          Payne       Gilbey
    Leaburn               DJ
                Kanu

The top of those two is what I think we will probably play.  I did wonder if he would give the likes of Lavelle and Payne minutes but try and get more more time with the team together.  Remember we only had 4 players that played more than an hour on Saturday.

But his comments since then hint at the "squad" getting time. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Potential for a stream tomorrow…

On a US Cruise Showing 3 ESPN channels 🤞🤞🤞
    Being US based, I can tell you that it’s very rare that ESPN+ games get coverage on the regular ESPN channels. The vast majority of events on ESPN+ are available online only.
  • Options
    I wonder if O'Connell will get another game tonight. As a CB, tiredness is less of an issue, and Garner might feel he'd benefit from more minutes to help him settle in after his slightly shaky start to his Charlton career. So maybe O'Connell and Lavelle at CB, and Ness at RB?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I set my VPN to America should I be able to watch this stream easily, or will it be a case of finding a ‘dodgy’ link somewhere?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    If I set my VPN to America should I be able to watch this stream easily, or will it be a case of finding a ‘dodgy’ link somewhere?

You cant watch the game through Charlton TV no matter where youa re in the world. Will liekly need a dodgy ESPN stream to watch

• Options

You cant watch the game through Charlton TV no matter where youa re in the world. Will liekly need a dodgy ESPN stream to watch

Sorry didn’t explain myself very well. I understand that CharltonTV are not showing it, just wondered if I changed my VPN to America I could go straight on the ESPN site and stream the game - or would I still need to find a dodgy link. 
  • Options

Sorry didn’t explain myself very well. I understand that CharltonTV are not showing it, just wondered if I changed my VPN to America I could go straight on the ESPN site and stream the game - or would I still need to find a dodgy link. 
    ESPN+ is a paid monthly subscription so you’ll need to see if they accept your card to pay… if they let you do that, I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you log in later to watch it. Probably need a decent VPN to do so though.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I'm unreasonably excited by this. 

Hoping to see the following: 

Wollacott 
    Clare - Lavelle - O'Connell - Sessegnon
    Morgan - Dobson - Payne
    Jaiyesimi - Leaburn - Clayden

Hopefully that continues to help the midfield, defence & keeper relationships growing whilst Lavelle gets some minutes in place of risking Inniss. We also get minutes into DJ, Leaburn & Clayden.

I expect stronger players to be available off the bench too. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wollacott 
    Morgan - Dobson - Payne

Hopefully that continues to help the midfield and defence relationship and Lavelle gets some minutes in place of risking Inniss. We also get minutes into DJ, Leaburn & Clayden.

Be shocked if any of our starting 11 start this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

Wollacott 
    Morgan - Dobson - Payne

Hopefully that continues to help the midfield and defence relationship and Lavelle gets some minutes in place of risking Inniss. We also get minutes into DJ, Leaburn & Clayden.

Be shocked if any of our starting 11 start this game.
    I wouldn't be following Garner's presser. I think we'll see a good mix of youth and experience. 
  • Options
    The fact we can make 5 subs means I think the starting 11 will be stronger than it otherwise would've been
  • Options
    Hoping a lot of people are leaving it late as the amount of tickets sold in North Lower so far is dire