Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Draw at best unfortunately, think a 1 goal defeat (I’ve called the last two games right) 
    win and I might have a Green shoot of optimism appear 
  • Options
    Slightly surprised to see Kirk start away from home in a tough game, but it's a nice surprise. Hope we can get the best out of him
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I can't really argue with the "unchanged team" approach - apart from Dobbo whom it would have been criminal to leave out again - but I think I would still have started Payne over Fraser. I like Fraser but Payne offers pace and dynamism as well as technical ability.
    Payne coming on as a substitute in this heat will mean he will have a significantly greater impact 
    Is that because hes a few inches further away from the Sun?
  • Options
    At Italian restaurant to celebrate the one year anniversary of our tax return. Shirazing so may or may not survive to kick off
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    New kid doesn’t make the bench. Pleased that he has to play his way into the squad.
    Nice too that Garner doesn't feel the need to rush him - Team are doing well enough on their own, so throwing him straight in, potentially sends the message that he has doubts over the rest.

Better too to ease him in, once he's trained more... Could be seen as a risk to the rest of the team / tactics else. 
    risk to the team/tactics ?  Have a word !

Not hard for a player to come on for the last 15/20 mins at run at a tiring defence. not going to be spoiling any tactics or putting another player's nose out of joint.
    What you dont think a sub can have a negative effect on a performance... Have a word!! - We lost at Peterborough two years ago, because of the subs we made!!

Rak-Sakyi isn't going to be used to our style of play, and isnt going to know the characteristics of his team mates. 
    Body language in the vid of them going into the changing room made JRS look like he's not quite comfortable yet!
  • Options
    Anyone else who is watching on a stream getting ‘not available yet’ when trying to start watching ?
  • Options
    Working well here.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    New kid doesn’t make the bench. Pleased that he has to play his way into the squad.
    Nice too that Garner doesn't feel the need to rush him - Team are doing well enough on their own, so throwing him straight in, potentially sends the message that he has doubts over the rest.

Better too to ease him in, once he's trained more... Could be seen as a risk to the rest of the team / tactics else. 
    risk to the team/tactics ?  Have a word !

Not hard for a player to come on for the last 15/20 mins at run at a tiring defence. not going to be spoiling any tactics or putting another player's nose out of joint.
    What you dont think a sub can have a negative effect on a performance... Have a word!! - We lost at Peterborough two years ago, because of the subs we made!!

Rak-Sakyi isn't going to be used to our style of play, and isnt going to know the characteristics of his team mates. 
    Body language in the vid of them going into the changing room made JRS look like he's not quite comfortable yet!
    Body language and walking expert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    probably the best bench we have had for a few seasons, with 32’ temperature’s think 5 subs could all be vital today. COYR
  • Options
    Anyone else who is watching on a stream getting ‘not available yet’ when trying to start watching ?
    No, working fine for me in sunny Paris
  • Options
    You just missed a cracker of an advert from Thomas. Jeeezussss.....
  • Options
    Scottie - Jesurun obviously made a step up coming to Charlton  :D
  • Options
    Brizzle Rovers in the early game beat Oxford 1-0, a good start for the season for them

Marquis with the goal...
  • Options
    Slightly surprised to see Kirk start away from home in a tough game, but it's a nice surprise. Hope we can get the best out of him
    Agreed. I like Garner’s positivity as well as shows he is not going there to just make up numbers.

Could have easily played DJ today for a little extra defensive cover, on merit as well, and no one would have batted an eyelid. 
  • Options
    Brizzle Rovers in the early game beat Oxford 1-0, a good start for the season for them

Marquis with the goal...
    Wonder why that was an early game
  • Options
    I see that Jesurun already has a shirt sponsorship in “RSK”
  • Options
    Good to see Dobbo starting
  • Options
    First time seeing his interview, really thought he was going to nod off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stream link doesn’t show on cafc tv for me for some reason? Anyone wlse having same issue / got a link?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Curbs is one of the 'moaners' who still think we need more attacking options.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Pitch looks very nice and green. 
    Grass expert?
  • Options
    Clare is very impressive on and off the field.
  • Options

Marquis with the goal...
    Police moved it apparently as there was trouble the last time the sides met a few years ago.
  • Options

Marquis with the goal...
    You must have been to Rovers yourself?..treated as a local derby by police 
  • Options

Marquis with the goal...
    You must have been to Rovers yourself?..treated as a local derby by police 
    Nah not done Rovers... Done City that way
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    mendonca said:
    Pitch looks very nice and green. 
    It's grim  green up North.

No sun up there.
  • Options
    He’s not for everyone but I do enjoy Steve Brown’s analysis. Shame the Browny/Benjy podcast had to come to an end.
  • Options

Game time is upon us…

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!