Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Agh! Fraser has to get that on target.
  • Options
    Fraser with a peach of an opening, but blazes over
  • Options
    Genuinely terrible from Fraser
  • Options
    Well - I pretended I was in France to get the livestream - CharltonTV wouldn’t play - gone back to UK and I am watching the game now !!!

Before anyone asks, spent last week in Norfolk and had a hellish drive home taking over 4 and half hours, incl a 45 minute traffic jam to get over Dartford Bridge, otherwise I would be at the game 😀
    Simple response to that:

Don't leave Norfolk! Best place on earth.
    Agreed - we stayed in Great Walsingham - lovely cottage - many walks on the beach at Brancaster with our 2 Springer Spaniels - pubs every day etc
    Walsingham? About 7 miles west from me as the crow fly.
    You are just south of Holt I believe ?

I recommend the Carpenters Arms in Wighton and the 3 Horseshoes in Warham - excellent food at both, especially the pies at 3 Horseshoes - 3 Swallows pub at Cley is also very good, we didn't eat, but the pizzas they do looked very yum indeed
    Yep.

Warham is somewhere I just drive through on my way to Wells or Holkham and I hint been to the Swallows in Cley for many a year.

If we're going out for a nice meal we tend to head out in the opposite direction to the Black Boys at Aylsham, Bucks Arms at Blickling, or the Recruiting Sergeant at Horstead.
  • Options

31' Good work from Kirk to tee up Fraser on the edge of the box, but he shanks his effort off target. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Colbey Bishop scores (again) for Pompey. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we are playing well.  It would be typical of us to knock knock knock on the door and then concede against the run of play!

come on boys - we can do this.  A massive statement of intent is possible today!

• Options
    Audible booing from the home fans.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Millwall losing 0-2
    Beat Golfie to it
  • Options
    Bottom club Burton beating that really tough home team that's Accrington 
    So were we two weeks ago... Or are you stupid enough to think Accrington will go unbeaten at home all season, you boring idiot
    Burton 2-0 up.

Dont think we did that though. If we had we would probably have won. 
    More fascinated with other teams than your own

Your a bit pathetic the majority of the time - Honestly not sure what you're trying to prove, other than the fact that you chat shite all too often
    And you’re more fascinated with golfie than your own team, it appears. 
    Not really... Just dont get the point of being a whinging twat all the time - But then its fashionable isnt it, ironically I've also talked about the game, rather than just wanking off over what everyone else is doing. 
    I'm not the one whinging. 
    Look if you want to be a miserable prick the whole time then crack on... I know and have seen what negative / crap comments can do to someone's mental health.

I'll always have the opinion of, if you've nothing nice to say then keep quiet, as you never know what effect your having on others!!
    Bit of an overreaction. Are the players all checking their phones every few minutes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More good footy from us
  • Options

31' Close! Sessegnon dances through the Wednesday defence into the left-hand side of the box and lashes a shot over. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Shocking effort by Fraser who's wearing Morgan's boots from last season
  • Options
    Still bossing this game without really coming close to being threatening.
  • Options
    What the feck is JS just jogging about? He isn't showing much desire imo
  • Options
    Is Stockley in that mode? He's just 'adjusting'.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    So were we two weeks ago... Or are you stupid enough to think Accrington will go unbeaten at home all season, you boring idiot
    Burton 2-0 up.

Your a bit pathetic the majority of the time - Honestly not sure what you're trying to prove, other than the fact that you chat shite all too often
    Not really... Just dont get the point of being a whinging twat all the time - But then its fashionable isnt it, ironically I've also talked about the game, rather than just wanking off over what everyone else is doing. 
    Look if you want to be a miserable prick the whole time then crack on... I know and have seen what negative / crap comments can do to someone's mental health.

I'll always have the opinion of, if you've nothing nice to say then keep quiet, as you never know what effect your having on others!!
    Bit of an overreaction. Are the players all checking their phones every few minutes?
    Uboat said:
    Burton 2-0 up.

Do I mean the players then? - I mean us as individuals!! 
  • Options
    Wednesday fans getting restless, due to our dominance. 
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Rothko said:
    Nature abhors a vaccumn, apart from the one between Golfies ears
    So does my dog.
    Excellent - actually laughed,
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Burton 2-0 up.

Simply pointing out that perhaps Accrington arent the tough home team that lots were saying they were & perhaps we should have taken all 3 points there. 
    Or maybe the issue at this level is consistency? Acc can get up to play us, but can’t consistently perform that way and fall victim to Burton.

Black, white, grey. (And Ecru.)
    Probably right. And that its early in the season. Form doesn't really kick in until after 12-15 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Burton 2-0 up.

ozaddick said:
    What the feck is JS just jogging about? He isn't showing much desire imo
    Stockers is too busy checking his phone to see what Golfie is saying about him.
  • Options

33' A deep cross from Sessegnon towards Stockley in the box, but Stockdale makes the catch. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    If the palace kid is a goalscorer he really could be the missing part of this team.
  • Options
    Very good so far. Just need to hit the target. 
  • Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Foul by Ryan Inniss (Charlton Athletic).

2. 34'

Post update

Josh Windass (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Offside, Sheffield Wednesday. Michael Ihiekwe tries a through ball, but Josh Windass is caught offside.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Genuinely terrible from Fraser
    One of our goal.scoring midfielders that we are relying on making up for the lack of goals elsewhere. 
  • Options
    If the palace kid is a goalscorer he really could be the missing part of this team.
    Lets hope so. Thats all we're missing atm, a clinical finisher
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!