Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard, sign a striker.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    This was what I was expecting so I am not suprised. What Sandgaard probably should have done was come in and say, I'm not rich but I have intervened to save the club. We will get back but slowly. What he did was tell us he would blow the league away, come on the pitch with his guitar to herald a bottom half league one season. He bought Schwartz and Aneke, spunking huge amounts of money as well as on Adkins, and the only generous payments being made now are to his family who the club employs. This whilst poorly paid loyal staff are sacked and treated like shit.

Yes, he appointed a good manager but poor Garner is going to have to rely on a lot of luck in terms of players staying fit. This man is not taking us anywhere and with us at the level we are now means going backwards.
    I’m totally in agreement with everything in this post…👏👏👍
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    paulg1947 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we re-sign wash for 300k?
    Not good enough for us apparently. Will probably go to Wimbledon with Jacko……

Oh wait what’s that, he’s scoring goals in the league above in a team that’s won 4-0 today..?

Washington would have done jack shit today for us.
    No no no no no. Playing this system requires a striker who can beat the offside trap and get behind the defence. He might not be the most prolific of finishers but that's what Washington excelled at.
    Washington suits a direct team that is fast in transition and doesn't care about possession. He would be utterly redundant in this system up top on his own and just cause us to cede possession. He scored 9 open play goals per season for us, really don't get why people are clamouring for him. Clamouring for another striker I get but not Washington.

He scored 1 goal today in a mauling, fine, but his overall game was poor. He completed 3 passes in his match today before he was subbed in fact, truly not what we need in a lone striker.
    I am not sure if a lot of us, want Washington back (bit 'tongue in cheek ,surely) Its just that in the predicament we're in, selling him before a replacement was lined up, is sheer madness This is the main issure

Basically we should never have sold Davison
    Really? If he had stayed pretty much everybody would be saying he isn't good enough for a promotion push and they would be right. Now I wanted a striker before deadline day like everybody else but now we are left with scraping a free agent I think that will still be a better option than Davison.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Jac_52 said:
    paulg1947 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we re-sign wash for 300k?
    Not good enough for us apparently. Will probably go to Wimbledon with Jacko……

Oh wait what’s that, he’s scoring goals in the league above in a team that’s won 4-0 today..?

Washington would have done jack shit today for us.
    No no no no no. Playing this system requires a striker who can beat the offside trap and get behind the defence. He might not be the most prolific of finishers but that's what Washington excelled at.
    Washington suits a direct team that is fast in transition and doesn't care about possession. He would be utterly redundant in this system up top on his own and just cause us to cede possession. He scored 9 open play goals per season for us, really don't get why people are clamouring for him. Clamouring for another striker I get but not Washington.

He scored 1 goal today in a mauling, fine, but his overall game was poor. He completed 3 passes in his match today before he was subbed in fact, truly not what we need in a lone striker.
    I am not sure if a lot of us, want Washington back (bit 'tongue in cheek ,surely) Its just that in the predicament we're in, selling him before a replacement was lined up, is sheer madness This is the main issure

Basically we should never have sold Davison
    Really? If he had stayed pretty much everybody would be saying he isn't good enough for a promotion push and they would be right. Now I wanted a striker before deadline day like everybody else but now we are left with scraping a free agent I think that will still be a better option than Davison.
    That remains to be seen. No guarantee that we will even bring somebody in.
  • Options
    I like what he said about Kanu. A player that looks like scoring whether he does of not is a goalscorer and they are at a real premium. I suspect it is a bit too early for the lad, but we can hope.
  • Options
    He’s basically said to the U23s…

We’re low on forwards & the ones we have can’t score. Show some form & potential in training and you’ll get a chance.

Sounds fair to me. Let’s hope someone steps up

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We won’t get promoted with the forwards we have currently.
    Just hope we're doing well enough come January for Sandgaard to think it would be worth a punt getting one then.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Just hope we're doing well enough come January for Sandgaard to think it would be worth a punt getting one then.
    That's got to be his plan.
  • Options
    Could be worse. Could have bought Bonne back.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    What position does Tyreece Campbell play?

Fun fact, I googled him and discovered his middle names are 'Tupac Shakur.'
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    What position does Tyreece Campbell play?

Fun fact, I googled him and discovered his middle names are 'Tupac Shakur.'
    Winger. Could maybe convert to a second striker in a two up top formation with enough training. Definitely not got the attributes to play through the middle on his own.
  • Options
    Campbell is definitely a winger still.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    We will be around 10th & so he wont "push the boat out". Might be my last season going down to The Valley, or at least my last buying a ST. False hope after false hope. 
  • Options
    Just hope this doesn't come back to bite us, we're putting a lot of faith in the youth, hope the managers not being hung out to dry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “It’s not a secret that we’d have liked one more, a different type of forward, but we weren’t able to get the player we wanted to get in over the line.

So was Bonne the player we actually wanted ? If so we kicked out Washington in the hope of getting Bonne ? Good grief I think that black box needs a bit of a shake.
    I think the player we wanted (supported by the black box) went to Wigan and Bonne was the back up, which then also fell though for different reasons. I think we have enough goals across the squad to keep the team between 6-10th place - a real test of TS’ resolve if we are within touching distance of the play offs come January, which I think we will be.
  • Options
    Not spent a single penny on a fee. Total yank clown Sandgaard, never seen an ego so big. Don't like him
    Do who paid fir signing on fees , agents fees , loan fees committed to a higher wage budget and 3 year deals ??
  • Options
    “It’s not a secret that we’d have liked one more, a different type of forward, but we weren’t able to get the player we wanted to get in over the line.

So was Bonne the player we actually wanted ? If so we kicked out Washington in the hope of getting Bonne ? Good grief I think that black box needs a bit of a shake.
    Bonne only came on the scene late on deadline day when our main target was not made available for loan after joining a championship side after we had a bid accepted 
    Washington was released for of the field issues not footballing 
  • Options

Bonne only came on the scene late on deadline day when our main target was not made available for loan after joining a championship side after we had a bid accepted 
    Washington was released for of the field issues not footballing 
    who was the main target?
  • Options
    I can only assume the main target was Anthony Scully of Lincoln (now at Wigan) but he wasn't a natural 9 , more of a wide forward type player. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    I can only assume the main target was Anthony Scully of Lincoln (now at Wigan) but he wasn't a natural 9 , more of a wide forward type player. 
    Thats who CEL believed we were close to getting, until Championship interest showed up... I'm not surprised that Garner was ideally looking for someone who could play across the whole of the front line - Kind of ties in with the mobile style he's looking to get us playing.

I never expected us to go for another natural Striker until Bonne came on the scene
  • Options
    Not spent a single penny on a fee. Total yank clown Sandgaard, never seen an ego so big. Don't like him
    Do who paid fir signing on fees , agents fees , loan fees committed to a higher wage budget and 3 year deals ??
    Who thinks Tony Keohane does a good job?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I think it will be the opposite. Sandgaard needing to sign someone to stop us getting relegated.....or at least stop us getting dragged into the relegation zone.