Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022, 19:45 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about this one. 6-0 to us and a double hatty for Stockley.
  • Options
    Feel a draw likely. Like everyone else I am not confident we have goals in us. Hope Aneke is back but doubt it. Also hope JRS starts. 1-1. CBT.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Hope we win but struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Would take any score for a win but would not be shocked at a 1-1 or Plymouth nick it by the odd goal
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Got a good feeling about this one. 6-0 to us and a double hatty for Stockley.
    That's the spirit,

One off his shin
    One off his arse
    Two off his nut
    A pen
    and a bicycle kick just to take the piss and rub our noses in it!
  • Options
    I think we will win this one. Going for 2-1 Stockley and Payne
  • Options
    Like to see a home win but I think it will be a draw.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Redrobo said:
    I would love that to be the team.
    Morgan for McGrandles

Indeed.  So far, McGrandles has looked as good at playing with his feet as MacGillivray is at coming for crosses.
  • Options
    This will be a tough game. What has surprised me is that Plymouth seem to have kept all their best players, unlike the likes of MKD who lost a number of theirs, which is what normally happens when "unfancied" teams in L1 have a good season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 points out of these two home games and it will be an excellent start … 

agree with the team selected expect Aneke to be on the bench as well 

2-1 to us 
    Aneke is not involved according to Garner
  • Options
    What I posted on the Sheff Weds preview

"Slowly this squad and style of play is coming together.

As the first half v Derby showed it's not completely there yet and whatever system a team plays there are 11 other players and another coach trying to undo you."

We can now add the first half at Hillsborough to the slowly getting there column and the second half to the not there yet list.

I also said that the two home games this week would tell us more about where this season is going than the result at Hillsborough and I stand by that.

We will lose games, narrowly as it turned out on Saturday, just as we will win games, slightly fortunate in the case of Derby, and we'll drop points as we did v Stanley.

Stockley was unwell v The Massives. I hope he's feeling better as we still don't have a fit or better alternative.

2 - 1 (Stockley, Innis)

JRS impresses as V949
  • Options
    I am getting to sound like a stuck vinyl record .. this game will say a lot about our current situation after a mixed,  indifferent start to the season .. we are playing well up to the edge of the opposition area than we lack finishing .. one more time WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER and I'd like to see us play 2 up front
    The midfield is working OK, though Garner still has to find his best combination, defence is again OK and Wollacott is a big upgrade from last season

Plymouth have been good/improving for a few seasons without winning anything. Just like for us, this will be a big test for them.
    I wonder how many of the 'green army' will make the long trek east on a Tuesday evening

CAFC 2 v Plymouth Argyle 1
    Wish you could find someone who thinks we don't need another striker so you could stop arguing with yourself.
  • Options
    So no Chuks again and another unamed player looking doubtful. Wonder who that is?
  • Options
    Home Win, Stockley and a late Payne goal take the points. 
  • Options
    Anyone else got problems getting in to live stream?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    4 points out of these two home games and it will be an excellent start … 

agree with the team selected expect Aneke to be on the bench as well 

2-1 to us 
    Aneke is not involved according to Garner
    Well knock me over with a feather.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    All signs are that they are doing something good at Charlton at the moment.’

I know oppositions managers tend to stick together, and not throw each other under the bus - at least in pre match interviews. But that’s another neutral footballing person who is praising what we are doing this year.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    So no Chuks again and another unamed player looking doubtful. Wonder who that is?
    Stockley?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ‘All signs are that they are doing something good at Charlton at the moment.’

I know oppositions managers tend to stick together, and not throw each other under the bus - at least in pre match interviews. But that’s another neutral footballing person who is praising what we are doing this year.
    "Charlton are a good side and will do well"  Karl Robinson 366 days ago......

We are doing a lot of things well.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bloody Karl Robinson, did he actually say that? Just tried to google and can see him saying ‘things need to change at Charlton’ after they beat us 4 - 0 🤮.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bloody Karl Robinson, did he actually say that? Just tried to google and can see him saying ‘things need to change at Charlton’ after they beat us 4 - 0 🤮.
    Yup after they beat us 2-1 second game of last season.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Standard bigging the opposition up talk, to reduce pressure on his players. I notice he also said

"They are a good team with good players for this division, probably one of the stronger budgets I'm guessing."

Again, playing the underdog card. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    ross1 said:

If Garner can cut out the silly typos we just might be on a roll here.
    FFS TS you amateur!  Did you not look at his Functional Skills Entry Level 3 english certificate?