Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022, 19:45 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

If Garner can cut out the silly typos we just might be on a roll here.
    FFS TS you amateur!  Did you not look at his Functional Skills Entry Level 3 english certificate?
    I really didn’t think I needed to add 😉 but just maybe..,
  • Options
    4 points out of these two home games and it will be an excellent start … 

agree with the team selected expect Aneke to be on the bench as well 

2-1 to us 
    Think Garner said that’ll be Saturday. 
  • Options
    Gut feeling is Rak Sakyi will be on the bench for this one. 
    Starting birth for him on Saturday.
  • Options
    Having nailed all 3 results so far (albeit with a draw/win or draw/lose tag)
    tonight Matthew we’ll be Brazil1970 and win 3-0 or 3-1 and return to our rightful place of 5th in league one 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Got a good feeling about this one. 6-0 to us and a double hatty for Stockley.
    That's the spirit,

One off his shin
    One off his arse
    Two off his nut
    A pen
    and a bicycle kick just to take the piss and rub our noses in it!
    And what about a partridge in a pear tree just to top off a fine night! 
  • Options
    My Plymouth supporting pal said they were Brazil like themselves on Saturday…. Heart says win , head says draw 
  • Options
    Really big test this one. How we recover from our first defeat will be crucial to our season in my view. Plymouth come to us after a good win and both teams like to play. Should be an entertaining match, 1-1, honours even.
  • Options
    Will be a good early indicator of where we're at tonight.

Looking forward to it. Hope Stockley has been on the lucozade and grabs a brace.

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Gut feeling is Rak Sakyi will be on the bench for this one. 
    Starting birth for him on Saturday.
    Gosh, I didn’t even know he was pregnant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be a tough game. What has surprised me is that Plymouth seem to have kept all their best players, unlike the likes of MKD who lost a number of theirs, which is what normally happens when "unfancied" teams in L1 have a good season.
    The  midfielder Camara is in his last year contract and reported that he won't sign another with PA, and I think has been left out of the team. Really liked the way he covered the pitch, looked a good buy for L1 or maybe higher.
  • Options
    Will go for a pretty open and entertaining game.

Wollacott
    Clare Inniss O'Connell Sess
                    Dobson
             Morgan   Payne 
          DJ     Shockly   CBT

McGillivray, Lavelle, Clayden, Mcgrandles, Fraser, JRS, Leaburn 

So, 1-1 
  • Options
    2-0nil home win, lets get this show on the road!
  • Options
    Home win - 2-0 - that’s if the game goes ahead mind - weather forecast for most of the afternoon into the evening is heavy rain and thunderstorms - I remember a game in the Prem days at home vs West Ham - weather was horrendous - I got off train at Charlton, to be told that the game was off (which didn’t surprise me) so simply walked over to the other platform, and went back to Dartford

Imagine travelling all the way from Plymouth, and that happening !!
  • Options
    Home win - 2-0 - that’s if the game goes ahead mind - weather forecast for most of the afternoon into the evening is heavy rain and thunderstorms - I remember a game in the Prem days at home vs West Ham - weather was horrendous - I got off train at Charlton, to be told that the game was off (which didn’t surprise me) so simply walked over to the other platform, and went back to Dartford

Imagine travelling all the way from Plymouth, and that happening !!
    I drove all the way from Nottingham to find out that West Ham Match was called off.
  • Options
    Think tonight will be this seasons version of Forest at home under the lights in our Championship season (except with all 3 points this time round). Everything just clicks and we look unplayable. 3-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to send McGrandles out on a 28 day loan into the National League (I would have done that the day after his sub appearance at Accy tbh), He desperately needs minutes and looks miles off it at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 to Plymouth 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If we win we have had a good start to the season, if we draw average and if we lose it's a bad start..

I think Plymouth is a good test for us to see where our season is going.. I am feeling positive about our season, but we need to be beating Plymouth at home if we are going to have a good season
    Pretty much how I see it. We should, by now, know who are starting 11 is as well.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that a lot will rest on how well we defend.
  • Options
    Where can you get chips these days? Have Fresh Fry on Charlton Church Lane and the one in Floyd Road both gone?
  • Options
    I think we'll lose, some nice passing but no end product 
  • Options
    We better win today. Nothing less than 3 points  
  • Options
    This will be a tough game. What has surprised me is that Plymouth seem to have kept all their best players, unlike the likes of MKD who lost a number of theirs, which is what normally happens when "unfancied" teams in L1 have a good season.
    The  midfielder Camara is in his last year contract and reported that he won't sign another with PA, and I think has been left out of the team. Really liked the way he covered the pitch, looked a good buy for L1 or maybe higher.
    Yeah, was quality last year
  • Options
    Pudds said:
    I'd be tempted to send McGrandles out on a 28 day loan into the National League (I would have done that the day after his sub appearance at Accy tbh), He desperately needs minutes and looks miles off it at present.
    Should have played for the U21s on Monday and had today off.   Can't get match fit in cameos. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pudds said:
    Should have played for the U21s on Monday and had today off.   Can't get match fit in cameos. 
    Agree. Worse case scenario give him 60 minute starts and he can be reserved for 5-10 min cameos if required. 
  • Options
    Keep Azaz and Hardie quiet and we should be fine. 

2-0 Charlton.