Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022, 19:45 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Onwards and Upwards tonight after last Saturday. 4 points from the next 2 games 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I promised to post only about Charlton's football matters, so here goes: if you seriously want us to lose tonight, do not post to this thread about it 
    I want us to win heavily , for TS to be peacefully told his fortune and for Olly to be celebrated in some way. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I promised to post only about Charlton's football matters, so here goes: if you seriously want us to lose tonight, do not post to this thread about it 
    Yet you gave me a lol
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    To be quite honest with the news of the treatment of Olly I dont give a f**k ! I hope we get thrashed and it might show karma exists
    Whoa, hang on. You don’t get to do that. 
  • Options
    Hope we can somehow cobble together a win but have decided not to pay my £10 and watch given other events today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want a solid and attractive performance and a tidy win.  This will make me happy.  Important to show we can beat teams like this and for teams to take us seriously.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    To be quite honest with the news of the treatment of Olly I dont give a f**k ! I hope we get thrashed and it might show karma exists
    Fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I want a solid and attractive performance and a tidy win.  This will make me happy.  Important to show we can beat teams like this and for teams to take us seriously.
    I want us to also essentially dominate the whole
    90 minutes.

I understand a team like Plymouth will still create some good chances, especially on the turn over off play where we have looked a little dodgy because we flood players forwards, but on the whole I really want to see a confident Charlton in the ascendancy for most of the match. 
  • Options
    We usually do well at home against Plymouth. 2-0 is a common score (last year & Bowyers first game in charge). So with nothing else to go on than that I'm going for a 2-0 home win. 2 OG's as we all know we dont have a striker....😄
  • Options
    if I remember correctly, wasn’t Chris Powell’s first home game as manager against Plymouth?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Was gobsmacked when I went online to buy my nineteen year old a ticket and found it’s £32 for an adult ticket in the covered end + £1.50 fee. 
    That’s mental. 
    Paid £24 for a U21 ticket. He’s a student, but I couldn’t do the proof thing in time. That would have made it £19, which is still a lot for a student. 
    First match since the playoffs that both boys have come to a game. 👍

PS I think people are underestimating Plymouth. 
  • Options
    I think it will be a tough game. There's a reason why they finished comfortably above us last season, and they have much the same side still
  • Options
    Madness wanting your team to lose. It is sad about Olly and completely unfair but the players still need our support and whatever happens, it isnt there fault what happened to Olly. 

I was angry, of course I want us to win.

But I still hope TS has a shit evening 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonight should have had a positive atmosphere. A promising start to the season and an exciting talent making his debut. Instead...
  • Options
    Tonight should have had a positive atmosphere. A promising start to the season and an exciting talent making his debut. Instead...
    It still should. Derailing the team because of an awful decision off the pitch is just doubling down on bad feeling. Direct your anger towards the owner, not the team 
  • Options
    Can I get a ticket on the gate tonight ?
  • Options
    Just to check can anyone get a live stream?
  • Options
    Just to check can anyone get a live stream?
    Yes it's available on Charlton TV in the UK tonight 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Clayden | Lavelle | Rak-Sakyi are in for Sessegnon | Inniss | CBT who drop to the bench.
  • Options
    JRS starting
    Good