Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Cambridge United | Saturday 20th August 2022

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I am less bothered than some as I don't think Saturday showed a pattern. It becomes a pattern if it happens again and again. For me the issue was they shackled our offensive threat so the outballs were not so easy.  I think they managed to get on top of Stockley and the Palace lad so we probably need to work out how we counter that going forwards.
    an alternative to stockley would help 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yes, of course. When something isn't working you need alternatives. Stockley was excellent against Plymouth and he suits some defenders and dominates others. I think that is normal and not a criticism of him. This especiall applies when he is playing on his own and he doesn't get the support from those around him.
  • Options
    5 games in, 6th in the league, and people think we have been worked out and become predictable?

Think it might be time to bring out the Russell Martin clip:

Is that the Swansea who are currently 20th in the Championship and lost 2-0 at home to Luton yesterday  ;)

With money tight there now, I think Swansea are going to struggle a bit this season
    Swansea up into 4th in the championship now. 

We certainly need to keep our current run of form going, but I think it shows that (when winning or losing) us as fans shouldn’t be so quick to make sweeping judgements and decisions based on a few results.