Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th August 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    See us winning this.  Will go for 2-0.  Don't know much about Wycombe but assuming they remain long ball merchants I wonder if Innis/Lavelle as CB would work?

If above team was correct then I make it 6 of our squad having been involved in our youth set up?

Wollacott
    Clare - Inniss - O'Connell - Clayden
    Morgan - Dobson - Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi - Stockley - Kirk

Substitutes Bench: MacGillivray - Chin - Lavelle - Payne - Henry - Leaburn - Jaiyesimi
    I must be unaware of one of them because I'm struggling to find that 6th youth product?
    can't we claim Clare as a youth product on a technicality ?
    Well he started out at our Academy.
    How many years was he in our Academy for?
    Was with us for five years, so longer than Miles Leaburn ;)

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/sean-clare-gillingham-charlton-return-157705/
    That probably makes him more of a youth product than Clayden who made his pro debut for Orient and who joined us just some six months before his 19th birthday. 
    Probably but the U21s are still part of the Academy, he only joined us because Leyton Orient dont have an U21 team

Question for Steve Avory if that qualifies to be called academy players when joining and going into the U21's as Pope, Aribo and Clayden were not Scholars when they come to Cafc as they were all 19.
    The issue I have with claiming players that come into our Academy at 18 or 19 and being our products is that I hate it when other clubs do the same with our youngsters e.g. Joe Gomez left us one month after this 18th birthday but he played for their Academy and U23s. Equally, Defoe left us at 16 and the vast majority of input in his development would have come from us - yet he is regularly referred to as one of a long list of their Academy products. 
  • Options
    2-1 Wycombe.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    Can you pay on the day at Wickham ??
    West or East Wickham?
  • Options
    Absolutely haven't got a clue how this one will go! However, I hope we play well, avoid any more injuries, and get at least a point.
  • Options
    Absolutely haven't got a clue how this one will go! However, I hope we play well, avoid any more injuries, and get at least a point.
    ...and Lavelle in place of Inniss please!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Larissa said:
    Hey! Not sure if this is the right place to put this... 
    If you're coming to Wycombe to watch the game, come have a drink with us at, The White Horse on West Wycombe Road before the game, we open at 11am and it's strictly over 18s. It's the 'official away team pub' 
    Hope to see some of you Saturday :)
    Hi @Larissa

On behalf of all of us and those yet to find your wonderful establishment. I thank you 

Your pub alone makes Wycombe Wanderers a game I will always endeavour to attend. I hope you have kept the cash machine stocked up

Can’t think why you found it so enjoyable until I looked it up.
    One of the oldest strip pubs and still going apparently. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent preview as usual FA. 
    I think we will probably go with the team you have selected  although I would play Lavelle instead of Inniss. 

4 of us driving up for this so I'm hoping for a good performance and 3 points. 
    Head says 1 1
    Heart says 1 2.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    We’re gonna stonk ‘em and Tommy’s gonna buy us all commemorative robot NFTs that will be worth millions one day, so we can pool our wealth and buy the Valley back and fund our European ambitions and a Sanguaard world tour.
    I think "your man" has been serving you with too many Gin & Tonic's this morning. You need to climb out the hammock and go for a long walk.  B)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Can you pay on the day at Wickham ??
    Yes, been confirmed 
    thanks AFKA
  • Options
    Got a feeling this one is going to go the same way as the Chef Wendy match. Lots of possession but not taking our chances will cost us dearly. 2-0 Wycombe 
  • Options
    Wycombe not as threatening as they were last season. If we are going to have a serious push this year, we need to be picking up away points 2-1 to the Addicks Rak-Sakyi and Payne
  • Options
    Can’t fault our first 11 but I can’t help but worry about the lack of attacking threat on our bench if we need to get a goal in the last 20 mins, we’re heavily relying once again on a great prospect in Leaburn, and DJ who will most likely off be off before the end of the month.
  • Options
    Wycombe wanderers 1 Charlton Athletic 1.
  • Options
    A must win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    I'm getting deja vu!
  • Options
    First time we are going to an away game since Wimbledon in 2019, first proper new ground (as opposed to the Don's temporary ground) in donkeys years. Looks a bugger to get to from the station, but we'll manage... 
  • Options
    Wycombe were horrible to play against last season. Really do not have a clue which way the game will go on Saturday.
  • Options
    Our new goal poacher centre foward will open his account with a double.

0-2 to the Addicks.

• Options
    Wycombe were horrible to play against last season. Really do not have a clue which way the game will go on Saturday.
    We will have a lot of possession, and they will be well organised and look to overload us quickly on the transition when our attacks break down I expect.

Be interesting to see if they press us high or sit back and stay in shape like Cambridge did (alert from when Innis had the ball). 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    I'm getting deja vu!
    Again? 
  • Options
    Cafc433r said:
    Chunes said:
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    I'm getting deja vu!
    Again? 
    It happens.

Again
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    Eh?  Why is it a must win
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Carter said:
    Larissa said:
    Hey! Not sure if this is the right place to put this... 
    If you're coming to Wycombe to watch the game, come have a drink with us at, The White Horse on West Wycombe Road before the game, we open at 11am and it's strictly over 18s. It's the 'official away team pub' 
    Hope to see some of you Saturday :)
    Hi @Larissa

On behalf of all of us and those yet to find your wonderful establishment. I thank you 

Your pub alone makes Wycombe Wanderers a game I will always endeavour to attend. I hope you have kept the cash machine stocked up

Can’t think why you found it so enjoyable until I looked it up.
    One of the oldest strip pubs and still going apparently. 
    ‘I looked it up.’ 
    No one believes you, Robbo. 
  • Options
    Always really impressed with Ainsworth's teams. They are well drilled and they know what they're good at. 

We're at a stage where, when we're playing well, we can go toe-to-toe with any team in this league. Sheff Wed away and Derby at home showed that. The issue is converting dominance into goals, and finding ways to edge out wins. 

I would take a draw as long as we continued showing improvement and understanding of the system.