Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th August 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

1235»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    First time we are going to an away game since Wimbledon in 2019, first proper new ground (as opposed to the Don's temporary ground) in donkeys years. Looks a bugger to get to from the station, but we'll manage... 
    https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html
    Cheers CE. Suspicions confirmed then.  :D The number 16 bus mentioned does not exist according to the local bus website. The Only # 16 in Buckinghamshire serves Aylesbury? 
    The number 32 bus route runs from the bus station [Town Centre] to The Hour Glass pub, which is about a 15 minute walk to the ground, Booker [Asda] should be on the destination blind.
    https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/find-a-service/32-32a-booker-to-micklefield-estate

Thanks for that clive. Walk to the bus station, walk to the ground from the pub. That's what I meant by a bugger to get to. The Valley, train to the end of the road - so simple...  ;)
  • Options
    looks like traffic delays (again) on the M25. Same last year

grrr
  • Options
    clive said:
    First time we are going to an away game since Wimbledon in 2019, first proper new ground (as opposed to the Don's temporary ground) in donkeys years. Looks a bugger to get to from the station, but we'll manage... 
    https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html
    Cheers CE. Suspicions confirmed then.  :D The number 16 bus mentioned does not exist according to the local bus website. The Only # 16 in Buckinghamshire serves Aylesbury? 
    The number 32 bus route runs from the bus station [Town Centre] to The Hour Glass pub, which is about a 15 minute walk to the ground, Booker [Asda] should be on the destination blind.

Thanks for that clive. Walk to the bus station, walk to the ground from the pub. That's what I meant by a bugger to get to. The Valley, train to the end of the road - so simple...  ;)

Just lookex at the train as an alternativ eto driving there.  Last bus leaves the station at 2.15pm & only 2 buses going back - at 5.15 & 6pm.
    and people wonder why wed dont use public transport  !!
  • Options
    Lots of taxis  - White Horse and walk 
  • Options
    As with last season I've arrived early so that I can have a nice walk in the countryside near the ground. That way I can at least look back on today and say I've had a nice walk ..
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    Eh?  Why is it a must win
    Because to get automatic promotion two points a game is needed and we're behind on that.

Also, this is a test of possession passing football against a direct style. We need to win games like this and the Cambridge one, or at least get 4 points. Otherwise we may as well stop our much heralded but ineffective playing style and match them up as the away team by being niggly and banging it in the air to Stockley.

Sorry but my expectations for Charlton go beyond reality, and I don't care how we win. We need to be a bit more clever sometimes and take advantage of crap referees.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    Eh?  Why is it a must win
    Because we are three points behind target. Even if we win at Wycombe we will be one point behind target.
    What target?  We're 5 games into the season! 
    What target?! Errrr, don't you want promotion?  The target has to be 10 points minimum. Nothing else is good enough. The acceptance of such low standards at Charlton is saddening.
  • Options
    clive said:

Used to be at Loakes Park right in the town centre until 1990
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loakes_Park
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So when Swindon went direct and Charlton went direct by the keepers for Davison and Washington to score, all you purists thought that was terrible last season ?

Mix and match and don't be predictable. I love to see teams passing and moving but if a quality long pass gets cafc a goal then magic if slow turning League 1 CB can't turn quick enough. I'm not just talking about Ryan Inniss !

Hoof ball is rubbish. but a quality long ball can change a game. Balls 6 ft over Stockley's head was embarrassing but quality diagonal balls for CBT etc to run on to aren't.

Mix and match will always be the way to success in League 1 where so many coaches went on the same Courses and have watched so many coaching sessions on videos and in person. 

Garnerball or Evatt ball, can be countered so you really do need to think on your feet to make sure you win the battle of the managers/coaches.

In case I'm not understood by the fans already half pissed, hoof ball is rubbish but using the height of Jayden, Miles or Inniss just seems common sense on occasions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022

No Aneke, No CBT, No Sessegnon, No Mcgrandles
  • Options

No Aneke, No CBT. 
    Innis again. 😩
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I would've dropped Innis after last week and following Lavelle's strong performance the game before.
  • Options
    Bench is starting to look a bit bear 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I would've dropped Innis after last week and following Lavelle's strong performance the game before.
    I would agree but for this game I think Innis will be better dealing with high balls into our box. Hopefully he doesnt try to bring the ball out from defense 🙄
  • Options
    I don’t get the Innis angst. He is our best defender imo
    also a tower of physical strength which we miss badly when not out there
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I don’t get the Innis angst. He is our best defender imo
    also a tower of physical strength which we miss badly when not out there
    Single-handedly lost us 2 points last week. 
  • Options
    Is Vokes playing for Wycombe?
    I'd have thought Innes's job is to deal with him.
  • Options
    Wycombe are a physical and direct team, so Innis will get in for that reason, don’t see the problem.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bench is starting to look a bit bear 
    Which species?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    . Nevermind. Apologies.