Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LIV Golf

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Rahm does talk utter shite about his decision - painful to listen to. Golf will die a slow death.
  • Options
    I can't understand why professional golfers like Rahm want to play 54 holes with a shotgun start and no real competition against their peers. (Well I do.......money). 

Sad day.

As for changing the ball. Wrong move. They should be changing the size of club head. Like in cricket where they limited the weight of the bat the R&A should be reducing the head size of drivers. I would like to see comparisons between McIlroy with his new moden driver & Sam Sneed with his wooden headed Persimmon driver. 
  • Options
    I can't understand why professional golfers like Rahm want to play 54 holes with a shotgun start and no real competition against their peers. (Well I do.......money). 

Sad day.

As for changing the ball. Wrong move. They should be changing the size of club head. Like in cricket where they limited the weight of the bat the R&A should be reducing the head size of drivers. I would like to see comparisons between McIlroy with his new moden driver & Sam Sneed with his wooden headed Persimmon driver. 
    Professionals don't pay for their highly customised clubs - the hacker in the monthly medal at his club does. Easier for everyone to change the ball.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Sad day.

Professionals don't pay for their highly customised clubs - the hacker in the monthly medal at his club does. Easier for everyone to change the ball.
    or, grow some rough.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Sad day.

Tend to agree with GA ..even if you gave a hacker or even a mid handicap golfer customised clubs it wouldn't change their ability to hit the ball further ..the change relates primarily to how long the pros launch it off the tee 

Be interesting to see how clubs address the issue..Will they insist members use the new ball or phase it in over a period? 
  • Options
    Or maybe get the pro's to play in jackets & ties like you see in photos of 100 years ago. Must restrict you swing playing in a suit & tie 😄
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    bobmunro said:

Sad day.

Tend to agree with GA ..even if you gave a hacker or even a mid handicap golfer customised clubs it wouldn't change their ability to hit the ball further ..the change relates primarily to how long the pros launch it off the tee 

Be interesting to see how clubs address the issue..Will they insist members use the new ball or phase it in over a period? 
    I agree - but the changes will eventually affect every golfer from pro to a 28 handicapper, and my point is that for the latter it is more affordable to change the balls they use than the clubs.

My understanding is that it will be phased in for club golfers and will be compulsory in all competitions by 2030 - the pros from 2028.