Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match (+post p15) Thread: Colchester Utd v Charlton | Papa Johns | Tue 4th Oct 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    I'm starting to love this competition, everytime it comes up, it reminds me i need to have a pizza!
  • Options
    I'm starting to love this competition, everytime it comes up, it reminds me i need to have a pizza!
    Dominos though (2 for Tuesday!) Pap John is nasty!

Dont mind this comp..good chance to the youngings do there thing, Giving a senior Gillingham side a hiding was good viewing. 

Do I wish the league form was better? Obviously and that is the important thing but a day out a Wembley...I wont turn my nose up at that..whatever the occasion.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Is the 6&5 rule still in place for this, where you had to start a certain amount of players in the match that will start in the game before or after the fixture?

7.3  Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches.

Guidance

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4  Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1  had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2  subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3  is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4  has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5  is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5  First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6  Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

The money we save on not playing JFC in the league covers the fine for the tinpotcup, it’s fine…
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I'd like to see the late experiment from the Oxford game of playing DJ as the second striker alongside a big centre forward, presumably Leaburn.

Kanu started yesterday so can't see him starting again but with luck will come off the bench.

Terrel Thomas should be the latest V number added to the list and I hope CBT has a point to prove.

The demolishing of Gillingham and the win over QPR have been some of the rare positives this season so hoping for more of the same tonight in the minor cups.
    You’ve just saved me posting. I’m especially keen to see Thomas. His video is very good, but he must have flaws or he wouldn’t have been a free agent.
    Leaburn should probably play 60 mins, and playing DJ alongside him might be a good call. He’s not that quick, but he’s quicker than Miles and Jayden.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Garner said last week Aaron Henry was having a scan.
    Out for a year - he's pregnant.
    We can rule out our strikers as possible fathers, they don't shoot on target !
  • Options
    I so what to say after the match that we can now concentrate on the league but I’m really looking forward to watching some good football from the reserves/youth team.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    This game really encompasses the detritus of the last 15 years.  I recall playing them for the first time in me supporting Charlton in 2007 at Layer road.  At the time I thought this is rather quaint.  The relegation from the Prem the previous season obviously gutting, but I had that deluded sense of optimism that we would come straight back up under Pardew, so I was enjoying ticking off a new ground.  

I should’ve sensed back then that it was all going to go wrong for the next 15 years when we drew 2-2.  Since then, I think we’ve lost there 3-0 on a Tuesday night in the league, had that appalling defeat in the cup before the successive defeats to Huddersfield and Hull in one week in Jan 2016, 5-0 and 6-0 respectively.  

Basically this club sums up the mediocrity.  Meaningless goals from Paul Benson, Johnnie Jackson or whoever that I have seen on my twitter feed today.  

For those of you that are still pursuing silly permutations and living in denial that if we just tried this combination of a front 3, things may be different, I hope this game gives you all you need to quench your thirst 

think of the possibility of a front three of 

DJ Leaburn and CBT or a midfield 3 of JFC McGrandles and Morgan.  It’s exciting 
  • Options
    I think we are playing 4-3-3 with three trialists up front - Al Salmone, Cal Zoney, Pep Eronee with Harry Biatta on the bench.
    Plus 2 players from the women's team, Marge and Rita
  • Options
    Is this on stream 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just calculated that if the first team had half the team spirit and fight that the U21’s showed yesterday v QPR, they would have 4x the fight and team spirit they have shown in the last 5 matches.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Is this on stream 
    Yes, but there's no pre-show. Kick off is 7:45
  • Options
    Meh … it’s a toss up between Col U vs Charlton in the thin and crispy, hot and spicy cup or Liverpool vs Rangers in the Champions League …. Hmmmn 🤔 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    AndyG said:
    Is this on stream 
    Yes, but there's no pre-show. Kick off is 7:45
    A game like this should be a fiver. 
  • Options
    He has gone full Pepe 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Strong side out.

DJ down the middle again? Why not, he did mention to @Sage that it was his preferred position.

Be interested to see how CBT responds to being dropped, and particularly how Thomas and McGrandles look.
  • Options
    Congratulations Patrick!! - He's been another scoring well for the U18s this season by report, so deserves the chance
  • Options
    Team anyone or are you all keeping it to yourselves 🙄.
  • Options
    I dread to think what the Full Members Cup reminded you to eat 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team anyone or are you all keeping it to yourselves 🙄.

Charlton: Harness; Clare, Ness, Thomas, Chin; Morgan, Forster-Caskey, McGrandles; Blackett-Taylor, Payne (c), Jaiyesimi

Substitutes: Kone, Clayden, Lavelle, Williams, Campbell, Kanu, Casey

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Williams played a full 90 yesterday, so strange to be on the bench tonight
  • Options
    Payne as a false 9. Pure @Leuth ball
  • Options
    Same thing happened with some of the U23s in the last round I think. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Better yet: DJ!
  • Options
    He actually went off injured after about 70 minutes so surprised he's even on the bench
  • Options
    DJ down the middle is a top call.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    😂 I'm interested to see how this set up works. I think we need to try something different and this set up is as good a place as any to start
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    😂 I'm interested to see how this set up works. I think we need to try something different and this set up is as good a place as any to start
    Didnt we kinda play 4-2-2-2 last pizza cup game?
  • Options
    I want to see DJ in centre mid