Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match (+post p15) Thread: Colchester Utd v Charlton | Papa Johns | Tue 4th Oct 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Tonights game must hold the world record for the shortest combined team captain height.
  • Options
    I missed the intro so I assume that's Pearce on commentary?
  • Options
    Who is Patrick Casey?

he sounds like an Irish golfer
    U18 Striker
  • Options
    Who is Patrick Casey?

U18 first year striker

https://www.charltonafc.com/player/143
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone explain the idea of a false 9, or I suppose any false number? Is it someone playing in an unnatural position?
    It's basically playing without a center forward and a "number 10" pushing on. 
    Great. No natural striker. I wonder why Pep brought in Harland & didnt just play all his 6 midfielders. 
  • Options
    Kanu to come on with 10 mins left when we are chasing the game 0-1…
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone explain the idea of a false 9, or I suppose any false number? Is it someone playing in an unnatural position?
    It's basically playing without a center forward and a "number 10" pushing on. 
    Great. No natural striker. I wonder why Pep brought in Harland & didnt just play all his 6 midfielders. 
    Because he was bored of winning the league each year by doing exactly that.
  • Options

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Who is Patrick Casey?

U18 first year striker

https://www.charltonafc.com/player/143
    Did we not have another Casey come through the Youth Academy a couple of years ago, yet never made an appearance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Jesus Christ, is it possible to score negative goals? Ffs
  • Options
    And we're off. Back to Harness, hoofed forward but easily cleared, and eventually out for a ColU throw near halfway.
  • Options
    Don't know about anyone else but I have the game on CATV and it's playing for free. 
  • Options
    Lots of passing around towards the edge of their area, but no way through, and eventually Col clear it upfield after a Clare backheel doesn't quite reach his man near the edge of their area.
  • Options
    I missed the intro so I assume that's Pearce on commentary?
    I'm looking forward to him rugby-tackling @KillersBeard to the ground just before half-time to make sure he stays front of the queue for coffee and cake.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Don't know about anyone else but I have the game on CATV and it's playing for free. 
    Do you have the subscription which allows you to watch the youth team games? - They may have classed this as a non First Team game, think @Cafc43v3r was able to watch the Gills game for free
  • Options

5' The Addicks have started in a fluid 4-3-3 formation with Blackett-Taylor operating down the middle. #colu 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Love the commentary from Tel

For the most part sounds like he's narrating an audiobook... Very soothing
  • Options
    Good strike by DJ palmed away.
  • Options
    Ooh, nice pass from Chin to DJ, looks at first like he'd got the ball caught under his foot, takes a shot which their keeper parries for a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plymouth 1 Weds 0
  • Options
    Corner headed away by a ColU defender under pressure from Thomas.
  • Options

5' DJ beats his man and sees his shot palmed behind for a corner following a patient passing move from the Addicks. #colu 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    If my existing Charlton TV subscription would have given me this game free, I've double paid!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Not for me (in NZ)
  • Options
    Col come down our right, but the cross/shot goes easily to Harness.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Do you have the subscription which allows you to watch the youth team games? - They may have classed this as a non First Team game, think @Cafc43v3r was able to watch the Gills game for free
    Subscription that lets me watch U21's
  • Options
    CBT on a good run coming in down the left, but loses the ball to a good challenge about 10 yards outside the area.
  • Options
    Plymouth 1-1
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    no for me it isn't...