Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match (+post p15) Thread: Colchester Utd v Charlton | Papa Johns | Tue 4th Oct 2022 7:45pm

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Billy_Mix said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    Rob said:
    Two people to blame. Sandgaard, of course, but Garner is awful. 2nd half we were awful. Never tested the goalie except for the penalty. All this ultra negative play. Garner, wake up and let’s get some creativity into this team. There’s no way we should have lost that. Your tactics blew the game for us, as has become more apparent in the last few games. Garnerball my arse. You’re useless. 
    It's our ressies in the Pizza Cup for fuck's sake, and our striker got injured after 40 minutes 
    I honestly never knew this many people cared so much about a pointless competition.
    The disgruntlement is less about the competition than about the bumbling bald bonehead responsible for the tactics
    Against a side 30 places below us in the leagues, also playing its 2nd string, his interventions made things worse, plan A faltered and he brought nothing.
    It’s like having dejavu all over again, Billy. We’re becoming a managers’ graveyard. 
    Apart from Karl Robinson who’s doing ok now?
    Russell Slade - Not managing
    Karl Robinson - At Oxford
    Lee Bowyer - Taking a break
    Johnnie Jackson - Struggling in L2
    Nigel Adkins - Not managing

Personally I don’t blame Garner for our current plight. Not saying he’s perfect, or that he hasn’t made mistakes, but it’s clear we badly need strengthening at CB, LB and striker, and personally I think we need some steel in midfield. Were that to happen in January then we might start making progress.
    Unfortunately I’d be surprised if we sign more than one player. Main thing is to pick up as many points as we can before January, to keep us within reach of the playoffs, if possible. Perhaps TS will have a change of heart, and loosen the purse strings. 
  • Options
    This was potentially a useful game to get the team back on track. Garner coud have tried a few things based around the first team for 60 minutes or so. I don't care about the result but we are in need of this or is it better to experiment tactically in league games like Oxford and Accrington?