Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bit worried about that backheel by the Czech player may get it ruled out.
    Looks like it stands.

Turkey in danger of going out if they concede another…
    Be such a shame
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Looks like it stands.

Be such a shame
    Turkish football… Brilliant entertainment if you enjoy lots of cards and the occasional fight on the pitch 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Looks like it stands.

Be such a shame
    Turkish football… Brilliant entertainment if you enjoy lots of cards and the occasional fight on the pitch 
    Not to mention the fights off it.
  • Options
    Portugal might not want to try too hard to pull this back.

If they lose they get Slovenia next and if they get a draw they get Hungary.
    I thought Slovenia looked better than Hungary. They don’t lose many.
  • Options
    Georgia playing really well although Portugal have been poor. 
  • Options
    So much for me thinking the Georgians couldn't win, they have been excellent.
  • Options
    Portugal have been rubbish but fair play to Georgia who've been brilliant. Hardly put a foot wrong and worked their socks off.
  • Options
    KIN HELL!!... What a save!!
  • Options
    Georgia have been superb all over the pitch tonight.

A bit lucky that Portugal were able to rest so many players, but they've still beaten an excellent side. Hungary might not agree though, seeing that this will send them out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 26
    So then... Slovakia!! - Think its safe to say now

YESSS... Thank you Georgia!!!
  • Options
    Late goal for Turkey as Czechia pushed for a winner themselves
  • Options
    2-1 Turkey.
  • Options
    Another injury time winner, this time for Turkey
  • Options
    What a win for Georgia!
  • Options
    No excuses now with that draw! Anything less than the final is a failure imo
  • Options
    That was a very English performance from Portugal.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Croydon said:
    Still got Italy and Netherlands our side of the draw, cant take Slovakia for granted either - Way we are playing, I wont be surprised by a Iceland repeat.

Lets just take one game at a time, and not put needless pressure on the players!!
  • Options
    Sat 29th:

Switzerland v Italy 5pm
    Germany v Denmark 8pm

Sun 30th:

England v Slovakia 5pm
    Spain v Georgia 8pm

Mon 1st:

France v Belgium 5pm
    Portugal v Slovenia 8pm

Tue 2nd:

Romania v Netherlands 5pm
    Austria v Turkey 8pm

• Options
    And it's kicking off at the final whistle...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 26
    Another Czech red card after the final whistle
  • Options
    Whats the issue between Turkey and Czechia?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Still got Italy and Netherlands our side of the draw, cant take Slovakia for granted either - Way we are playing, I wont be surprised by a Iceland repeat.
    I'm expecting us to improve drastically (based on nothing but naive hope) and don't think anyone on our side of the draw should cause us too many issues. Netherlands didn't look like they could defend yesterday 
  • Options
    Anyone reckon we'll somehow get to the final and then lose? We're very lucky with the draw 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    I'm expecting us to improve drastically (based on nothing but naive hope) and don't think anyone on our side of the draw should cause us too many issues. Netherlands didn't look like they could defend yesterday 
    No I'll be disappointed if we cant do better against Netherlands and Italy, especially as we did well against the latter in the Qualifiers.

Would expect both to leave more gaps for us to exploit than Slovenia and Slovakia - Just depends how strong we are defensively.
  • Options
    Georgia were absolutely magnificent. Shame they have to play an actually really good side next but it'll be a good game 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    MrBurns said:
    Anyone reckon we'll somehow get to the final and then lose? We're very lucky with the draw 
    Not unless we improve quickly.

Italy would beat us on our form so far and Austria have looked really good.

And that's assuming we improve enough to beat Slovakia!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    If I've got it right, our Slovakia's current run to the final is

Georgia England
    Switzerland/Italy
    Austria/hungary/romania/turkey

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Georgia were absolutely magnificent. Shame they have to play an actually really good side next but it'll be a good game 
    They could well be the Morocco of this Tournament, given how problematic they were for Spain and Portugal at the World Cup.

They also had a La Liga Goalkeeper in their team who was a brick wall.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Lets just take one game at a time, and not put needless pressure on the players!!
    Good point. I hear Bellingham, Kane and co are avid Charlton Life readers, so we wouldn’t want them to see these posts. Apparently Pickford loves General Things That Annoy You as well.