Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    Did we ever get a player based on a tournament even in the PL days though?

Remember we had Jensen play at WCs etc but they were players already here?  Rommedahl maybe?

Often a fool's errand anyway, Poborsky, Diouf, Diou....
  • Options
    Foden should be back training tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited June 28
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, how did Belgium finish ahead of Slovakia in Group E?

Slovakia won that game 1-0, so should have been above them on H2H?
    Finished on 4 points and they all beat each other, though - Romania beat Ukraine, Ukraine beat Slovakia, Slovakia beat Belgium, Belgium beat Romania....

So it went on goal difference, and then goals scored between Romania and Belgium.

I think.
  • Options
    edited June 28
    Out of curiosity, how did Belgium finish ahead of Slovakia in Group E?

Slovakia won that game 1-0, so should have been above them on H2H?
    Finished on 4 points and they all beat each other, though - Romania beat Ukraine, Ukraine beat Slovakia, Slovakia beat Belgium, Belgium beat Romania....

So it went on goal difference, and then goals scored between Romania and Belgium.

I think.
    Yeah just worked it as well, looked really confusing to begin with as was looking at the tables and only saw the Slovakia win vs Belgium first
  • Options
    If we win tomorrow, anyone know what day our QF will be ?
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Next Saturday @ 5pm
    Semi-Final: Wednesday 10th July @ 8pm
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Next Saturday @ 5pm
    Semi-Final: Wednesday 10th July @ 8pm
    Thanks 
  • Options
    We have been predictably shit, and the more the tournament goes on, the more I don't like the team. The lack of accountability is embarrassing. No cohesion, no passion, no skill and it genuinely looks like a real lack of effort. That Rice segment pre-game was embarrassing. 'Half of England fans wanted us to play Trent in midfield' load of nonsense. He seemed genuinely annoyed over the criticism, and I don't understand why he's surprised at it. Show poor effort levels and skill, infront of one of the most passionate fan bases in any sport worldwide, you should expect moans and groans. 

Luckily for Southgate, we have been gifted an easy bracket again, so he can pad out his very ordinary England record, and inevitably lose to the first real challenge we face, as that's what usually happens. 

It's beyond frustrating having arguably, the best group of players in the tournament, and looking like one of the worst teams. 
    Google it from 2023... there are definitely articles from the media, and threads on reddit saying that TAA should be played in Midfield.

"Half the England fans wanted..." Is a stretch though

Didnt have issue with what Rice said myself - I find it weird how people are happy to slag off Footballers, but become very delicate and defensive when something comes the other way.
    Which was mainly focused on the fact he was struggling badly at right back, and people didn't want to see his talents go to waste. He's nowhere near aggressive enough to play in the midfield for England, and he isn't as smart or good on the ball as great midfielders like Fabregas, Modric, Iniesta etc. 

He's been heavily protected at Liverpool imo, when you've got arguably the best right winger ahead of you in the world, there's more the other team need to worry about. Think Klopps system and high press around the field has shielded him. 

Absolutely.  I think he is the most overated player I’ve ever seen play for England. I don’t think that defends well enough to play either in defense or midfield. The only attribute he has over other candidates is his passing ability but how often in a match really does this happen from a defensive position to real effect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Switzerland bossing the game against the Italians so far
  • Options
    Shut up Murphy.
  • Options
    This had undeserved 1-0 win to Italy written all over it.
  • Options
    No more than the Swiss deserve.
  • Options
    Maybe not!!  Switzerland deserve that.

Will make it a much better game too.
  • Options
    Deserved. 
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Fully deserved!! - Switzerland vs Slovakia could be a very interesting game come the QFs
  • Options
    Italy have been crud this tournament, the holders set to go out with a whimper
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Where have all the great Italian players gone? What a bizarre generation this is
  • Options
    Well surely that’s that done now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good finish 
  • Options
    Well if Italy go through its going to be a brilliant match
  • Options
    Switzerland seem.to have become neutral, as they nearly gift Italy a goal of epic proportion
  • Options
    Really enjoying this, although worrying that we are really going to struggle against the Swiss if we make it through to play them
  • Options
    Well we already knew that England were going to win Euro 2024 - But this result confirms we wont have someone win it back to back.
  • Options
    Italy look as slow and turgid as England.
  • Options
    Italy have been poor for years. The baffling thing is how they were so good in Euro 2020.