Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    The wankfest over Musiala has begun then, Tyldesley talking like he's just singlehandedly won the Euros, World Cup, both World Wars and the fucking cricket for Germany after that goal
    To be fair, he's probably on his way to being the player of the tournament if Germany continue to progress further.
  • Options
    Good finish but they're making it sound like Musiala took on 4 players and stuck it in from 40 yards out.

'Denmark  have to just sit back and admire the sheer brilliance' etc.
  • Options
    Hojlund being taken off, as Denmark need a goal.
  • Options
    "Takes 2 or 3 to stop him", as one bloke tackles him on his own.

He's a really good player, there's no need to exaggerate so.much.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    The wankfest over Musiala has begun then, Tyldesley talking like he's just singlehandedly won the Euros, World Cup, both World Wars and the fucking cricket for Germany after that goal
    To be fair, he's probably on his way to being the player of the tournament if Germany continue to progress further.
    I get he's good yes, but if he was Hungarian or Danish and didn't have a choice to make about being English at one point in his life, there wouldn't be as much talk. Clive was waxing lyrical about "to achieve what he has at 21 blah blah blah" and whilst winning 4 Bundesliga championships is impressive, it's diminished somewhat by Bayern's dominance in recent times, and before this tournament had only scored once for Germany, in a friendly against USA. 
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. Why won’t Clive Tyldesley just retire?
    🙄
    He lost me when talking about Oranges and schools etc.
    Orange Juice - RIp it up and start again. 
    I hope to God you’re not as dumb as you make out. 
    You might want to backtrack, as thats exactly what the ITV Commentator said... Algarve was helpfully letting me know the exact quote!!
    It’s a lyric from the song 👍🏼
  • Options
    Wirtz has a goal disallowed for his bad haircut.
  • Options
    At least this game might stop the Danes from banging on about Stirling’s “dive” at the last Euros… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Germany vs Spain will be a real heavyweight clash.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Lots of them do it seemingly nowadays but Tyldesley is king sycophant when it comes to noshing off and fawning over footballers. Stomach churning at times. 
  • Options
    Quarter finals:

Fri 5th, 5pm: Spain/Georgia v Germany
    Fri 5th, 8pm: Portugal/Slovenia v France/Belgium
    Sat 6th, 5pm: England/Slovakia v Switzerland
    Sat 6th, 8pm: Romania/Netherlands v Austria/Turkey
  • Options
    The American woman is on again defending every decision.
  • Options
    🙄
    You might want to backtrack, as thats exactly what the ITV Commentator said... Algarve was helpfully letting me know the exact quote!!
    I'm not sure whether you've been whooshed, or I have.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The American woman is on again defending every decision.
    To be fair, she's not giving her opinion, she's explaining the IFAB/FIFA rules.
  • Options
    Quarter finals:

42 UK Charlton fans plus 6 German Addicks and a New Zealander will be watching the England game at a bar in Amiens. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    🙄
    I'm not sure whether you've been whooshed, or I have.
    Yeah think its me somehow... Dust still hasn't settled for me, with that one so we're still checking on the VAR monitor

Lets check in with Christina Unkel?
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Quarter finals:

42 UK Charlton fans plus 6 German Addicks and a New Zealander will be watching the England game at a bar in Amiens. 
    I reckon Leeds will take another 50,000  and if you add the 25,000 CL posters that went to the Huddersfield 7-6 game, it might be hard to get a beer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Believe that was Tyldsley’s final commentary for ITV. Sure heard he was being released after today. 
  • Options
    Don’t mention ze var …
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Believe that was Tyldsley’s final commentary for ITV. Sure heard he was being released after today. 
    I’m sure you’re joking, but I’d be so pleased if this were true. 🙏🏼
    If I never hear a word uttered by that cushion-faced prick again it’ll be a thousand years too soon.
  • Options
    edited June 29
    I think it's true. Read he was being forcibly retired very soon in the paper today, just wasn't sure when.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Lots of them do it seemingly nowadays but Tyldesley is king sycophant when it comes to noshing off and fawning over footballers. Stomach churning at times. 
    He's been retired from commentating so can now take his position as Chairman of the Musiala Appreciation Society.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    https://talksport.com/football/1940927/clive-tyldesley-final-itv-broadcast/
  • Options
    edited June 30
    I hate the handball law. They keep making minor changers to it or how it shouold be applied but it achieves nothing. What they should do is throw it in the bin and simplify. If the ref feels there was intent to gain an advantage by handling the ball or handling of the ball prevents a certain goal, it is a penalty. Let the ref decide intent. Don't tell him or her how to do that, unantural position crap and all that, let them use their judgement. Some may see things differently but that is ok. You can't get perfection, but you can get better than what we have now, trying to achieve perfection that will never come.
  • Options
    "lose things you're doing well" - Not sure we've got to worry much about that Gareth!