Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    31 shots, 12 on target. 
  • Options
    31 shots, 12 on target. 
    Must be as many shots on target as England have had across 4 games. 
  • Options
    Quarter finals:

Fri 5th, 5pm: Spain/Georgia v Germany
    Fri 5th, 8pm: Portugal/Slovenia v France/Belgium
    Sat 6th, 5pm: England/Slovakia v Switzerland
    Sat 6th, 8pm: Romania/Netherlands v Austria/Turkey
    Quarter finals:

Fri 5th, 5pm: Spain v Germany
    Sat 6th, 5pm: England v Switzerland
  • Options
    At one point, the commentator said something like:
    “For Georgia, Spain was a step too far as it will be for many”

How the hell does he know that? What if Spain lose their next match? It’s not impossible for Germany to beat them, right?
  • Options
    At least this game might stop the Danes from banging on about Stirling’s “dive” at the last Euros… 
    Let's not go down that road. Imagine how you'd feel if the roles were reversed. Still can't believe that the ref didn't even have to check it himself on the screen but VAR did it all for him.

• Options
    Terrible. They're supposed to sit back as soon as they get the lead
  • Options
    Quarter finals:

Fri 5th, 5pm: Spain/Georgia v Germany
    Sat 6th, 5pm: England/Slovakia v Switzerland
    Quarter finals:

Fri 5th, 5pm: Spain v Germany
    Sat 6th, 5pm: England v Switzerland
    England vs Switzerland is on the BBC as well, so we stand a chance!!
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Deleted and moved to correct thread...
  • Options
    I'm actually going to be in Switzerland by comlete chance on the date of the QF! A stop off on the way back home.
  • Options
    These commentators are going to cream their pants if Yamal scores in this tournament.
    And he's only 16 well that's what the commentator said about 50 times in their first match against Croatia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forwards to France v Belgium. I can make a case for both sides.
  • Options
    Just looked at the fixtures, and it seems really stupid.

This weekend the games were SUI vs ITA | GER vs DEN and then ENG vs SLO | SPA vs GEO... So they've basically had the Quarter-Final match ups on alternate days.

Today and tomorrow though, they've got the match ups the right way round, so if you play today, you don't get any advantage over your QF opponent.
  • Options

This weekend the games were SUI vs ITA | GER vs DEN and then ENG vs SLO | SPA vs GEO... So they've basically had the Quarter-Final match ups on alternate days.

Today and tomorrow though, they've got the match ups the right way round, so if you play today, you don't get any advantage over your QF opponent.
    Big gap to the quarters though so i don't think it makes much of a difference really. I'm sure i'm wrong but i can't ever remember there being such a long break between knockout games before. Switzerland have 7 days between their last 16 game and the quarter with us.
  • Options

Yep, strange, England get an unfair advantage over a rusty Switzerland
  • Options

Big gap to the quarters though so i don't think it makes much of a difference really. I'm sure i'm wrong but i can't ever remember there being such a long break between knockout games before. Switzerland have 7 days between their last 16 game and the quarter with us.
    No and its something that'll be impossible to stick to, as whoever plays their Semi-Final first will get the same advantage - Just found it really odd with the scheduling when I noticed the FRA vs BEL and POR vs SLO games are on the same day this time round.

On the other hand it does look like the QFs > SFs are done properly, as our game against Switzerland, will be on the same day as our potential Semi-Final opponents.
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Being in Italy, there is a nightly inquest about why they failed. It seems prett similar from one night to the other. I watched the England game with my cousin's partner and they were late arriving due to traffic so he only saw the second half. What was interesting was that he felt England played well and it made me wonder if that first half was so bad it masked that a bit. I disagreed that we played well but there may be some truth in it I suppose.
  • Options
    Being in Italy, there is a nightly inquest about why they failed. It seems prett similar from one night to the other. I watched the England game with my cousin's partner and they were late arriving due to traffic so he only saw the second half. What was interesting was that he felt England played well and it made me wonder if that first half was so bad it masked that a bit. I disagreed that we played well but there may be some truth in it I suppose.
    First half was diabolical so i guess that will stick in peoples minds. If someone only saw the second half then i can see why they would think we were ok. Dominated the play, had a goal disallowed, Rice hit the post, Kane headed wide. Plus of course there was more urgency but only because we had no choice as the clock ticked down.

But i wouldn't class it as us playing well. There was no shot on target until Bellingham scored and at times we still looked completely lost.
  • Options
    edited July 1
    First half was diabolical so i guess that will stick in peoples minds. If someone only saw the second half then i can see why they would think we were ok. Dominated the play, had a goal disallowed, Rice hit the post, Kane headed wide. Plus of course there was more urgency but only because we had no choice as the clock ticked down.

But i wouldn't class it as us playing well. There was no shot on target until Bellingham scored and at times we still looked completely lost.
    I mean, he was comparing it to Italy. I felt Slovakia played a part in us improving too where they sat back deeper and deeper. A better team might not do that. When we scored we should have gone for the third but if you realise Southgate will never do that, it makes it easier. I appreciate it is often the players who sit back but I'd like to see him getting messages out not to sit too deep as the Slovakia coach should have done and thankfully didn't.
  • Options
    Cant see anything other than a French victory over Belgium here
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Neither has particularly impressed, but France should nick this 1 or 2 nil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Penalty and an Own Goal? ;)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Penalty and an Own Goal? ;)
    Var soft handball penalty that had to be retaken at that
  • Options
    edited July 1

I assume it’s because they didn’t want to put any 3rd placed teams on the first day of the knockouts, because none of them knew for certain which game they were playing in until the final whistle of the groups.

England and Spain got the “disadvantage” of playing a day later than their next opponent, but they got the “advantage” of being drawn a 3rd placed team who had to flex their schedule on a couple of days notice.
  • Options
    That was a Nicky Weaver style save from the Frenchie
  • Options
    was thinking more Thuram. 
  • Options
    was thinking more Thuram. 
    Nah Thuram would have let it in
  • Options
    Giroud would have buried that header.
  • Options
    Those Belgian shirts don't look very moisture wicking.
  • Options
    Watching France V Belgium on either French or Belgian TV, they get so excited can’t follow a word of what they’re saying, but judging by what’s going on on the pitch, they’re suffering la petite mort because someone’s passed the ball accurately.
  • Options
    This game is so much worse than ours!!