Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    If the plan is to bore the Slovaks in to submission, Gareth has got a point.
  • Options
    Yep. From yesterdays press conference, the only change looks like Mainoo for Gallagher. Bore off Southgate
  • Options
    "If its not broken then don't fix it", is the old adage.

But just how broken does something have to be? If it's dead then that's too late.
  • Options
    If he doesn't play Mainoo, Gordon AND Palmer from the start then he is just proving what we all think of him.
  • Options
    Biggest issue has been Trippier.

It's not working, why not change it?  
  • Options
    The Trippier thing is very odd. Gomez actually plays left back for his club fairly regularly so the insistence on playing a player who is very reliable but ultimately not offering us a lot us frustrating. What Southgate will see, and will like, is that Trippier rarely gives the ball away, rarely gets caught out of position and offers a high base for the attacking players to play off when they're probing for space. The fact that he doesn't put in early crosses or beat anyone on the outside won't really bother Southgate because he's not all that interested in his left back doing that at the moment. I think Southgate will look at Gomez and Konsa and see that as right footed defenders they won't necessarily offer what Trippier doesn't either, but they might be less reliable defensively. 
    It was always quite a mad choice to only take one left back who was unlikely to play. If only Chilwell hadn't looked so terrible in his recent England appearances things might be slightly different.
  • Options

I would play Joe at left back.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    If he doesn't play Mainoo, Gordon AND Palmer from the start then he is just proving what we all think of him.
    That lineup lost to Iceland last month 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I would play Joe at left back.
    Same.  He's played there half the season, and for a team that presses high.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the attacking unit and the left back have not been working. 

Obvious that the only changes made in the next three games would be defensive midfield ….
  • Options
    You know we’re all over the place when 10 different comments will tell you the problem is 10 different things. And the solution is simple…
  • Options
    Left wing, up front and left back have been our issues most of the tournament. 

Unchanged....
  • Options
    As much as Switzerland have looked the best I've ever seen them, I am surprised they made it look so comfortable vs Italy. Thought that game had pens written all over it. 

On the flip side (and without sounding arrogant) I'm very happy with the Swiss going through, as our record is fantastic against them compared to Italy, and I don't think our players will have as much a mental block. 

Hopefully we can beat Slovakia later as it is all falling into place for us.
  • Options
    Don’t forget the Swiss struggled against Scotland 
  • Options

Yep,  it’s painful watching Tripper at left back.  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Don’t forget the Swiss struggled against Scotland 
    They're very good at pressing and harrying teams that are expecting to have a lot of the ball and throwing them off. Scotland were content to not lose heavily again and gave Switzerland's dangerous wingers little space to work in. That worries me a bit as our players look knackered and susceptible to a press and we're not moving about well enough to create avenues to break a press. I think if we get there we'll have a very tough time if we don't wake up a bit. 
    I do think we've looked better than Italy though who fell behind against Albania, lost one of the most one-sided 1-0s you'll ever see against Spain and barely scraped a last minute draw against Croatia. They were lucky to have even got to the Switzerland match frankly.
  • Options
    edited June 30
    sam3110 said:
    The wankfest over Musiala has begun then, Tyldesley talking like he's just singlehandedly won the Euros, World Cup, both World Wars and the fucking cricket for Germany after that goal

So England didn't do the same about Jude until the last two games. No question mark needed.
    He's a talent that plays with freedom that could be playing for England or obviously on the bench getting on the pitch in the 89th minute.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    That lineup lost to Iceland last month 

So because of a friendly you wouldn't start them today?
  • Options
    Aaron Henry has Georgian grandparents?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kin hell... that Georgia Goalkeeper is at it again
  • Options

• Options
    Bloody hell. Football eh. 
  • Options
    Please don't let VAR chalk this off
  • Options
    Erm... Ooops
  • Options
    You have obviously seen Southgates crib sheet. We s certainly had plan going for 95 minutes. 
  • Options
    Wow, talk about against the run of play
  • Options
    This is a very weird tournament it must be said. 
  • Options
    This lot are deadly on the break.
  • Options
    This is a very weird tournament it must be said. 
    Yeah its proper backing the Underdog.

Switzerland... England... Now Georgia!!