Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 11th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    If we win at the weekend, we'll only be three points behind Pompey.
  • Options
    Our season starts here COYR
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Exeter were miles better than us. Delighted to get the 3 points though 
    They really weren't. You don't lose 4-2 when you're miles better than your opponent. Those are 1-0 losses or 2-1.
    Black Sabbath.  Not a band name but we could have been 10-0 down at half time in that game.  Just saying.
  • Options
    Optimus Primus in the studio Monday.
  • Options
    Garner: "it's not a penalty and it affects our goal difference - I think the lino got a bit bored and wanted some fun at the end of the game"
    Think our lack of goals in other games has affected our goal difference more.
  • Options
    Garner: "it's not a penalty and it affects our goal difference - I think the lino got a bit bored and wanted some fun at the end of the game"
    Think our lack of goals in other games has affected our goal difference more.
     Which he also covered in his earlier comments. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They played some lovely stuff but I don't remember our goalkeeper making too many saves and I thought they were poor at the back. 
  • Options
    PWR.

Great result. Just hope Miles Leaburn is ok. He or Dobson was man of the match for me tonight.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    They really weren't. You don't lose 4-2 when you're miles better than your opponent. Those are 1-0 losses or 2-1.
    If that drive that hit the bar goes in they would’ve gone on to win I think. Fine margins. Maybe I’m just mentally scarred and get so stressed that I cannot enjoy it 
    If he hits that clean it either flies in or out the stand.

It only hit the bar because he mis-hit it into the ground. 

Enjoy the wins, but don't ride the highs too high or the lows too low.
  • Options
    Cor, didn't look like he mis-hit it 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pedro45 said:
    I still think all our problems stem from the back. EOC isn't good enough and Innis has issues alongside him. Fraser had a good game and the full backs are making a big difference. JRS is a show pony and fits right in alongside donkey Stockley. Welcome back Chuks! Onwards to a big test next week...
    Our centre-backs were excellent? 
    they weren't tbf
    I defy you to remotely justify giving our CB's 4 and 4.5 in Player Marks (while Kirk got 5.5). Remotely. 
  • Options
    4 points off of playoffs 

HMS Piss the 6th Place is off and running again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobson was absolutely outstanding. Leaburn was fantastic too. Nobody else stood out but a lot of solid performances. 4-1 would have been very flattering but how nice was it to bring Chuks on again. 
  • Options
    What a difference to the mood a win makes!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Relieved to win. COYRs!
  • Options
    An enjoyable game - 4-2 flattered us. Defence is still a work in progress.
  • Options
    You're getting a few LOLs and whilst I wouldn't agree Exeter were miles better than us, they certainly caused us all sorts of problems with their sharp passing until they quite noticeably tired at the end.

And as far as I can see , no-one has mentioned the shot they had that hit the underside of the crossbar and came out when the score was 2-1. If that had gone in the tone of this thread might be very different.

Credit to Garner tonight for the way he used his substitutes. All came on and played well. Particularly pleased to see blackett-Taylor play well after his abysmal performance last saturday.

Shame Leaburn went off injured. Knowing our luck it won't be a few games sort of injury. And what a prospect that lad is - sadly one of the Premier League vultures will toss us a couple of million in January and TS will bite his hand off.

And listening to Curbs - a man who still talks so much sense - I can only say he must have been getting a bit carried away saying he would start Aneke on Monday if Leaburn is out! Blimey, doing that would surely guarantee he is out for another long period. 
    People are welcome to LOL it’s only my opinion I don’t think I’m always right. Just think on another night they tear us apart. But the 3 points are very welcome! 
  • Options
    Amazing what one win can do. Still unbeaten at home this season, only 4 points off play offs (albeit teams have games in hand), Chuks is back, Garner’s subs we’re hugely effective, and Egbo looks to make a big difference to the side.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Hardly any playing out from the back and decent crosses were the difference.