Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    This has been a game of staggering low quality, even compared to quite a lot of the rest of this tournament. This England side will be picked off by decent opposition
  • Options
    England looking really leggy and they are a world away from the first 20 minutes when the passing and movement was Sharp.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This has been a game of staggering low quality, even compared to quite a lot of the rest of this tournament. This England side will be picked off by decent opposition
    Not good enough to win it, though through no thought of their doings, injuries have ripped the crap out of them 
  • Options
    So close to 1-1. Good ball in, unlucky with the header
  • Options
    Do we get Germany in quarters? They will tear us apart
  • Options
    Job done. Need to improve a lot. 
  • Options
    That was not an enjoyable viewing experience 
  • Options
    Earps solid as a rock again. 
  • Options
    Squeezing out wins right now. But significant improvement needed
  • Options
    Lauren James is superb. Never really watched her before but she’s class.
    It will be interesting to see whether Lauren or Reece will receive more England caps. One suspects, given the competition for the position that Reece plays in, that it will be Lauren.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that was pretty poor but a win is a win.

Just realised that if we win the group we play the runner up of group B, which is likely to be the hosts Australia if they beat Canada. Honestly don't think we'll get past them.

To lose 1 main first team player is tough, but we've now lost 3. Any team would struggle.
  • Options
    Reece agrees

https://twitter.com/reecejames/status/1598039158383337472?s=46
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    6 points and the Talent that is Lauren James are the Positives.

The negatives are that we always play through Keira Walsh and Ellen White have just confirmed that. We now need a plan B as there is no one in this squad that can play the same way. 

The two positions that we are not strong in is keeper if Mary Earps gets injured or that number 6 midfielder who can pass short or long similar to the long pass for Toone's goal in Euro final.  Tough to see Keira's anguish as soon as the camera panned in.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Where would England women have "finished" last season if they played in the men's EFL?
    I'm thinking they are roughly at Charlton's level?

Go and watch the Cricket.
    To compare woman's football to men's is so crass.
    Maybe a poor attempt at a Joke ?
    I've been watching most of this World Cup and it was a genuine question.
    Apologies to the people offended. 

NB I've got far too much concerning me at present to be winding up people. 
  • Options
    Where would England women have "finished" last season if they played in the men's EFL?
    I'm thinking they are roughly at Charlton's level?

Go and watch the Cricket.
    To compare woman's football to men's is so crass.
    Maybe a poor attempt at a Joke ?
    I've been watching most of this World Cup and it was a genuine question.
    Apologies to the people offended. 
    If it’s a genuine question, then no, the England womens team wouldn’t be in the EFL let alone at Charlton’s level. 

Not that it’s a particularly valid comparison.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I hadn't looked too far ahead but if It's Germany assuming we get through the last 16 KO game, Germany will be looking for revenge after their Euro's defeat and Popp who dropped out after the warm up at Wembley will be raring to go.

A real test of the coaching ability of Sarin Wiegman because we aren't the team that won the Euro's at present in personel or confidence.
  • Options

I hadn't looked too far ahead but if It's Germany assuming we get through the last 16 KO game, Germany will be looking for revenge after their Euro's defeat and Popp who dropped out after the warm up at Wembley will be raring to go.

A real test of the coaching ability of Sarin Wiegman because we aren't the team that won the Euro's at present.
    5 ( Kirby, Mead, Walsh, White, Williamson) of the starting 11 from the Euros unlikely to be involved so your statement is correct in all interpretations of the phrase.
  • Options
    Was a  hard game to watch in the end. Looked like world beaters  first 20 mins. 
  • Options
    China V Haiti a real old ding dong slugging match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

A real test of the coaching ability of Sarin Wiegman because we aren't the team that won the Euro's at present.
    5 ( Kirby, Mead, Walsh, White, Williamson) of the starting 11 from the Euros unlikely to be involved so your statement is correct in all interpretations of the phrase.

I added in personel and confidence soon after posting.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    England are missing key players and confidence. I think the manager knows this and purposely went into the tournament half cooked in the hope the team will evolve into things. Hopefully wining the group will change it a bit but that isn't done yet.
  • Options
    I have to say I loved the Euros but this WC is poor so far.
  • Options
    Haiti unlucky not to get that penalty. The Chinese penalty looked no worse than that in my opinion.
  • Options
    I hate the ref being asked to look at it in those sitations, its as good as telling the ref she has got it wrong!
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited July 2023
    Hmm contentious non penalty decisions at the end. Unlucky Haiti in the end. 
  • Options
    China should have had a second penalty, Haiti absolutely should have had one at the end, awful officiating
  • Options
    The one Haiti should have had was the one that didn't even go to review btw, the one laughably given as a corner
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The one Haiti should have had was the one that didn't even go to review btw, the one laughably given as a corner
    Have FIFA come out and said anything about these decisions ?
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see whether Lauren or Reece will receive more England caps. One suspects, given the competition for the position that Reece plays in, that it will be Lauren.
    barring injuries it should be Lauren by a lot. she has the potential to be one of the best players in the world